Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 09:09 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
He won, so I think he handled it just fine. The press on the other hand, they just can't let it go.
Mr. Trump will get a lot more intensive press coverage. He will have to handle it better than in the campaign. Just because he was elected doesn't mean there will be a let up. It comes with the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 09:14 PM

1,400 posts, read 864,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Mr. Trump will get a lot more intensive press coverage. He will have to handle it better than in the campaign. Just because he was elected doesn't mean there will be a let up. It comes with the job.
You think so? I don't know about that. Obama really doesn't get that much coverage anymore. Obama really doesn't take too many questions from the press either. I mean, I know the press is obsessed with Trump, but can it really get more intense than the election?

Old 11-20-2016, 09:32 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times
Quote:
One of the things I admire about Trump is his tenacity. I love it when he mocks reporters and insults them personally, primarily because the media elites are so deserving. Lately, I've heard reporters play the victim card and cite the protections under the 1st Amendment. The press seems to believe that they should be off limits. How arrogant can they be? It has been open season on the average American for decades, yet the press feels it is entitled. Does the 1st Amendment really protect the press from ridicule and harsh criticism? I don't think so. Doesn't freedom of speech go both ways? Why should a reporter be able to ask an offensive question or make an asinine statement without fear of a counterattack? Reporters had better think twice now, before asking a stupid question. I love it . If you can't handle the heat, then stay out of the kitchen. That is the way I see it anyway.

I am interested in what others have to say about this. Should the press be fair game?
Donald Trump is rude, quarrelsome, combative and emotionally unstable. Donald picked fights with endless people, most of it is unrelated to the media. That's the guy persona.
The media: yes one can confront the media, but Donald's rethoric is unprecedented. However, his election as president puts him naturally in the spotlight. He has to answer questions more than any reporter who may (or may not) be fair.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:42 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
One of the things I admire about Trump is his tenacity. I love it when he mocks reporters and insults them personally, primarily because the media elites are so deserving. Lately, I've heard reporters play the victim card and cite the protections under the 1st Amendment. The press seems to believe that they should be off limits. How arrogant can they be? It has been open season on the average American for decades, yet the press feels it is entitled. Does the 1st Amendment really protect the press from ridicule and harsh criticism? I don't think so. Doesn't freedom of speech go both ways? Why should a reporter be able to ask an offensive question or make an asinine statement without fear of a counterattack? Reporters had better think twice now, before asking a stupid question. I love it . If you can't handle the heat, then stay out of the kitchen. That is the way I see it anyway.

I am interested in what others have to say about this. Should the press be fair game?
"the press" has injected themselves into politics no diiderent than a propaganda machine.

they are definitely deserving of criticism and unethical behavior and have no 'press' to cal them out. someone has to do it. Trump shouldn't act like obama and cry about the media/FOX news. Anyone else is welcome to take a shot at the former watchdog gone rogue.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:45 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
Quote:
You think so? I don't know about that. Obama really doesn't get that much coverage anymore. Obama really doesn't take too many questions from the press either. I mean, I know the press is obsessed with Trump, but can it really get more intense than the election?
When Mr. Trump's foreign policy and foreign business interests collide, there will come the hail storm of the press. His transition is also a current hot topic.

The election will be considered a cakewalk.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:47 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
It can and will get more intense.

The press hates Trump and hates the fact they got the election wrong even more.

The only way to redeem themselves is to try to get him impeached.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:15 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trump has been a target of ridicule by the press since day one when he announced. The media led the charge to trash Trump while covering up or failing to report on Clinton troubles.

I'd say the press is fair game for ridicule until they can show that they will report in an unbiased way.

Obama had his favorite go to people in the press core and if you challenged him guess what you would get the cold shoulder from him. Trump is simply more vocal.
We obviously live in different worlds,
the reason Trump has been ridiculed is because he is ridiculous! ten times over!

We heard plenty about Clinton but Trump got the most press
because every time he opened his mouth
something ridiculous came out of it. He was a freak show and
it was hard not to watch. My thought is that he
will continue attracting carnival goers who just can't look away so
therefore he will continue to be hounded by the press.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:09 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times
All politicians and media people should be subjected to the most severe criticism possible.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:31 AM

1,400 posts, read 864,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Fair game for what? If I didn't know you, which come to think of it I don't, I'd almost think you were suggesting we become a fascist state.
Very good question. I am talking about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEkePt9QKAE

Old 11-21-2016, 12:03 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Should the Press be Fair Game?

The press has become gamey so, yeah, they are fair game.

They have abandoned the reason and responsibility for which they were given first amendment protection. Gamey !!!
Now they need to be called out until they understand that reporting on a statement is not the same as making one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies