Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 01:12 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,245,076 times

Advertisements

I decided to put this in the politics section rather than Economics/Finance because I think it's more political that Economics. However, if the discussion is deep economic theories, then the Moderators may want to move it.

My theory is that all of the predictions that the market would crash if Trump were elected were based on influencing the vote rather than an analysis of the effect of his policies. I actually predicted he might win but was influenced by people like Buffett that made the predictions that the market would fall if Trump were elected. I wonder if he made a fortune off of leading me down the wrong path....I wouldn't doubt it.

Anyway, please state your theory and why they predicted Trump's election would crash the market and why has it shot to record highs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 01:43 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,956,572 times
Because corporations are going to score! 15% tax instead of 35%. No more Obummercare. Less regulations. No more EPA, pollute to their hearts content. Reduced auto milage reqirements.

Happy days! Until the house of cards collapses.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:03 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,245,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Because corporations are going to score! 15% tax instead of 35%. No more Obummercare. Less regulations. No more EPA, pollute to their hearts content. Reduced auto milage reqirements.

Happy days! Until the house of cards collapses.
So then why did they say during the election cylce that the market would go down if Trump's programs had those benefits?

Old 11-22-2016, 05:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Why has the stock market shot up since Trump was elected instead of crashing like predicted?
It has "shot up" less than 1%, and it's because his best friends, the bankers, won the lottery with his win. In time the market will take a serious hit when Trump recession kicks in. Tax cuts with massive spending increase and 45% tax in imports and dis-honoring of trade deals pretty much guarantees a trade-war, inflation, massive debt and a recession.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-22-2016 at 05:49 AM..

Old 11-22-2016, 05:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
So then why did they say during the election cylce that the market would go down if Trump's programs had those benefits?
Can you provide some quotes, so we can read them in context?

Old 11-22-2016, 05:58 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
I decided to put this in the politics section rather than Economics/Finance because I think it's more political that Economics. However, if the discussion is deep economic theories, then the Moderators may want to move it.

My theory is that all of the predictions that the market would crash if Trump were elected were based on influencing the vote rather than an analysis of the effect of his policies. I actually predicted he might win but was influenced by people like Buffett that made the predictions that the market would fall if Trump were elected. I wonder if he made a fortune off of leading me down the wrong path....I wouldn't doubt it.

Anyway, please state your theory and why they predicted Trump's election would crash the market and why has it shot to record highs?

The media lied to prop up Hillary and warn against voting for Trump.

Old 11-22-2016, 05:59 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,810 times
Because God Emperor Trump willed it do so.

Duh.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:01 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It has "shot up" less than 1%, and it's because his best friends, the bankers, won the lottery with his win. In time the market will take a serious hit when Trump recession kicks in. Tax cuts with massive spending increase and 45% tax in imports and dis-honoring of trade deals pretty much guarantees a trade-war, inflation, massive debt and a recession.
There will be no 45% tariff and deficit spending is the Keynesian solution to stimulate the economy. The Republicans will let Trump do what they would not let Obama do. Deficit spending out the kazoos..

Old 11-22-2016, 06:03 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,506,126 times
And our currency is strengthening against other foreign currencies. Hmmm.....

Old 11-22-2016, 06:03 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,811,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

There was going to be a recession no matter who was president. With all the fake money that the Feds used to prop up the economy using BILLIONS in QE's for years it's inevitable. Don't let any facts stand in your way though because you'll just look for any excuse to Blame Trump. I'm sure it'll be his fault too if the weathers not perfect.

Quote:
President-elect Donald J. Trump may be the one left holding the bag when the next recession hits because of years of credit expansion.

“He may be the unluckiest man in the world to win this job at this particular time,” Grant Williams, the author the research letter “Things That Make You Go Hmmm” and co-founder of RealVision Television, told Yahoo Finance in the video above.

“Because, we were for a long time, 7 years, without a recession in the US,” he continued. “We are overdue one. And some of the data that’s been coming out in the last couple of quarters suggests that we are very close to one.”

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/donald...154621578.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies