Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2016, 08:17 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,938,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
LOL, all the liberals who say that the elderly and children can't work. They're like "I just checked my liberal handbook and it says that you can only work between the ages of 35 and 50."
So YOU are saying that under 35 = children, and over 50 = elderly.

Wow, we are learning so much about your imaginary world this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 08:19 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,870,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

Perhaps he didn't start working until 35 and retired at 50.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:20 AM

1,850 posts, read 823,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

LMAO, you're trying to bust on me while liberals actually say that a 26 year old is still a "child" for insurance purposes and they have people retire in their 50s? I just got you to laugh at liberals, ftw.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:21 AM

89,302 posts, read 45,022,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Oh I didn't know that. They don't need to budget? who knew?

If you decided to lower their allowance, I have no problem with that. I'd still stick to my previous point, you cannot get rid of food stamps 100% and cracking down on fraud is more productive than telling people what not to buy.
There should be NO double-dipping, triple-dipping or more, of free food welfare program benefits for the exact same meals. No wonder Food Stamp recipients are disproportionately obese, even when compared to the income-eligible poor who CHOOSE to not receive Food Stamps.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I'm thinking that mandatory labor for young children and the elderly is reminiscent of some camps during WWII that I heard about.
Sounds like your knowledge of history is just as lacking as your knowledge of economics then.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:24 AM

39,321 posts, read 27,704,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There should be NO double-dipping, triple-dipping or more, of free food welfare program benefits for the exact same meals. No wonder Food Stamp recipients are disproportionately obese, even when compared to the income-eligible poor who CHOOSE to not receive Food Stamps.
I agree with the No double-dipping part.

The "obese" part, lol I didn't really pay attention to the food stamp recipients body shape. Matter of fact, I don't know anybody who receive food stamps. I will have to google it.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:26 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,870,427 times
How many here are against food stamps being used to purchase junk food but were outraged about Michelle Obama's efforts to get healthy lunches, that are federally funded, into our schools?

Old 12-02-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
How many here are against food stamps being used to purchase junk food but were outraged about Michelle Obama's efforts to get healthy lunches, that are federally funded, into our schools?
Who here would support forcing people on food stamps to eat Michelle Obama's lunches?

Old 12-02-2016, 08:29 AM

39,321 posts, read 27,704,630 times
Quote:
I hope more people answer your question.

I am not against food stamps being used to purchase junk food, I am for cracking down on fraud. I also agree with NO double-dipping, triple-dipping or more like the other poster suggested.

I am against Obama's efforts to get healthy lunches, that are federally funded, into our schools. I think parents should pack lunches for their children. This is just my opinion.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am against Obama's efforts to get healthy lunches, that are federally funded, into our schools. I think parents should pack lunches for their children. This is just my opinion.

BTW, did you know that many school districts now make it ILLEGAL for you to pack your child's lunch? They say that the parents won't feed their children appropriately, so they don't allow it. That's liberalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies