Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 01:27 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times

Advertisements

Barry allowed wholesale destruction of northern California forests by marijuana growers.... How's that...

I know..I just spent two years mapping said destruction

I have also seen the destructive force of poor timber management, forest fires and outright greed.

It's sad to say but true..our natural resources are a commodity like it or not

The best energy spent possible is reducing the human population

Don't breed like bunnies..reduce the world load

Be a vegan..do something personally good for the environment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 04:57 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
What part is exaggeration? I'm explaining the reality of what Trump will do, he has said so himself and we can only hope Congress and Senate keep him in check.
How about this, "we all need clean air and water."

Do you think he ( or any repub) is AGAINST clean air and water?

To make the claim you need data to back it up.

Where is it?

Old 12-02-2016, 05:08 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
YEP he said so himself--- when he said to everyone he wants to open our forest to logging and re-open closed lumber yards, that explains how he feels about our natural resources. If you don't want to hear the truth be in denial.

Donald Trump promised to revive Oregon's timber industry, This is what he said: "Trump cited numbers illustrating the decline of rural Oregon's timber industry, blaming federal regulations. "We're going to bring 'em [the timber jobs] back, folks," we are going to do it really right, we are going to bring them up, OK?"

Timber interests welcome Trump win; environmentalists worry - San Antonio Express-News

President Trump Seen as

5 Outrageous Things Donald Trump Wants to Do to the Environment - Planet Experts

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.1eced3527199
In your disillusion mind you think there is something WRONG with cutting down trees.

It just goes to show how little knowledge you have about the timber industry.

Do you REALLY think they want to cut down ALL the trees?

Think about it. If they did, they would cut themselves OUT OF BUSINESS.

Common sense is lacking in many liberals.

HINT:

When loggers cit down a SECTION of trees they REPLANT NEW ONES.

Hence we have a RENEWABLE source.

I don't know how old you are but, remember the "spotted owl fiasco" and how all the tree huggers whined and cried about the eradication of it.

Businesses closed. Hundreds of people lost their jobs. An industry was destroyed.

And lo and behold the spotted owl was NOT eradicated. It adapted just as most animal do and was found in the SAME forests that they were in before the cutting.

NO HARM was done.

Old 12-02-2016, 05:48 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
In your disillusion mind you think there is something WRONG with cutting down trees.

It just goes to show how little knowledge you have about the timber industry.

Do you REALLY think they want to cut down ALL the trees?

Think about it. If they did, they would cut themselves OUT OF BUSINESS.

Common sense is lacking in many liberals.

HINT:

When loggers cit down a SECTION of trees they REPLANT NEW ONES.

Hence we have a RENEWABLE source.

I don't know how old you are but, remember the "spotted owl fiasco" and how all the tree huggers whined and cried about the eradication of it.

Businesses closed. Hundreds of people lost their jobs. An industry was destroyed.

And lo and behold the spotted owl was NOT eradicated. It adapted just as most animal do and was found in the SAME forests that they were in before the cutting.

NO HARM was done.
How long do you think it takes for a tree to be considered mature or old growth? Those trees that are being re- planted also are being flooded with pesticides and other chemicals.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:51 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
Thats right. No holes. My mistake. Ignore my post. I'm getting old and senile. Just keep sending the cheap energy. I like to keep the heat high. Fracking is perfectly safe.
I am not for wasting energy to make a political point. Our bedroom temp reads 67 as we speak, my car gets pretty decent mileage, I turn off the AC when I leave the office. What I am not prepared to do is to live miserably to make a similar political point. Solar heating doesn't make sense now, don't care for hybrid cars and don't bike to work. If I am cold, I turn on the fireplace. You might think you live differently but I suspect we live very similar lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies