Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2016, 11:44 PM

32,074 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
You either have some issues with reading, or you have everyone who has already tried to explain this to you on ignore. Trump had a 900+ million dollar write off that could be applied to mitigate INCOME taxes owed, and the unused credit that carried over re that lasted for quite a number of years. The (obviously anti-Trump) NYC newspaper that published this story made the write off part of the story, but they didn't explain anything else re the context of that fact. They likely did that because they figured a significant number of people would swallow their story hook, line, and sinker without any critical thinking being employed because either:

#1. They don't have a clue as to the different types of taxes different people pay.
#2. Blind disdain of anyone, including Trump, who isn't a lockstep progressive.
#3. Both #1 and #2.

I previously gave you the benefit of the doubt re #1, and thought the impetus behind your posts on this subject might be just #2 and the toll, the sadness, disorientation, etc., that the result of the election would bring to someone with your mindset.

However, given your reply above, I realize with you both #1 and #2 are the case. The person you were replying to explained a type of tax (payroll) that Trump has always paid and will continue to pay. That person didn't, but COULD have included another type of tax (property) where Trump has paid what was owed, and will continue to do so. Rather than give a substantive reply to the poster's reply, you replied "Oh good grief, Trump boasted on the campaign trail that he hasn't paid taxes in years. Yet us little people have to pay" . That answer has nothing to do with/is not a substantive response to the person you are replying to for two reasons:

1. Your reply has to do with INCOME taxes, and the point you were inadequately replying to was about PAYROLL taxes.
2. Even if Trump saying that he's "smart" for taking the deduction (that reduced his liability to zero for a number of years) could be construed as bragging, that is IRRELEVANT. Trump paid zero INCOME tax for a number of years because, re the amount he could still LEGALLY carry over, HIS LIABILITY WAS ZERO. Would your family fail to utilize any deductions that are or were LEGALLY available to you, and thus pay MORE re income taxes THAN THE MINIMUM you are or were LEGALLY required to pay? Of course not....and that is true for your family, Trump, or anyone else.

On a thread about health insurance you described yourself as a 'SAHM who has health care'. You did NOT describe yourself as someone who also either works part-time, owns a small business, or both. Perhaps your husband, or someone else, can edify you re the different types of taxes that different people pay.
I don't even know what sahm is lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 12:15 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I was not under the impression that this was about the seven weeks remaining until he takes the oath of office but rather Melania and Barron choosing to stay behind after President-elect Trump moves into the White House. It's a conundrum. The security protocol is already having a negative effect on the businesses surrounding Trump Tower, and those business owners are rightfully frustrated over the situation. When President Obama visited Denver maybe a couple of years ago, the entire downtown was thrown into chaos, but at least it lasted only a day. This is going to continue for many more months, and we're deep into the holiday season, so I have no doubt that there are a lot of angry people in Manhattan right now.
Seacove likes to make a big deal (IMO) about what is already happening re this scenario...not just in the post I quoted, but in other posts. IMO, your post above shows true sympathy for the retailers. I'm not a Republican, and I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary, but ultimately re this cycle I'd say I'm an Anyone But Hillary person. I don't believe that Seacove truly shares your sympathy re the retailers, nor really cares about how much the Secret Service is spending. IMO, she is just butt hurt because Hillary lost, and that those feelings are magnified exponentially because Trump (specifically) won.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:22 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't even know what sahm is lol
By all means, split hairs. I don't remember if you typed Stay At Home Mom or SAHM. Anyone can look back through your posts and see which one it was. I do find it interesting though that a Stay At Home Mom is unaware of the acronym SAHM.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:48 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454

Wow are libs pathetically or what? How does her living in the city affect them?
And why are they mad @ her JUST BECAUSE OF HIM??

Old 12-05-2016, 03:52 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
And why are they mad @ her JUST BECAUSE OF HIM??

It is collateral damage on his part.He spread the hatred words.She is with him she must agree with his stupidity and ignorance.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:16 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Is Trump going to pay for that security? Is Trump going to reimburse the losses by local businesses and the inconvenience of workers in the area for her indulgence? Kids change schools. She is not special.
I wouldn't know, as the Trumps have not consulted me about their specific living arrangements, and I think they are perfectly capable of handling it themselves.

But geez, all that bile over the president-elect's every move. Seems to me you'd do yourself a favor if you'd find another outlet, maybe a job or hobby, for all that energy you waste obsessing over your manufactured grievances about the Trumps.:

Old 12-05-2016, 06:18 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
By all means, split hairs. I don't remember if you typed Stay At Home Mom or SAHM. Anyone can look back through your posts and see which one it was. I do find it interesting though that a Stay At Home Mom is unaware of the acronym SAHM.
LOL, maybe she doesn't get out much.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Nearly 100,000 New Yorkers sign petition to get rid of Melania Trump | The Independent

LOL!! Wrapping fantasy around reality as usual.
Too friggin funny.

Hey Snowflakes... Go pound sand.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:30 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
Quote:
I wouldn't know (I'm not a Republican)......but only one Republican? You might want to reread what you wrote above.

There it is folks, in full view....the underlying racism that permeates most of his screeds is exposed much furthur...rearing its ugly head.
You call it racism... It is not racism, it is a matter of point, fact and truth... You saw it for the past 8yrs... No amount of denial can make that go away. Republican had an incessant assault mentality toward President Obama, because of his skin color and ethnicity. Now, if you want to talk racism, that is what has been 8 yrs of racism. Pointing it out does in no way make me racist.

If "SOME" white people want to claim racism every time someone points to their conduct that is racist driven, they want to try and diffuse it by some reverse child psychological game of such. NO, Americans have been pointing this out for 8 yrs with more articles than you or I have time to read.

So, NO, I reject 100% your crude attempt to try and paint me as a racist, because I won't overlook the overt and covert racism that SOME white people have demonstrated and continue to demonstrate.

You seem to conveniently want to dismiss the long history of white driven racism. Black people have tried to work with white people on any and every level. The only thing black people have continually ask, is that white people review themselves and learn to understand their own history of racism and how it continue to influence so many in, speech, text and manner. It was insidious that white people went into all out craziness trying to deny the basic's of civil rights, as if they think they have some delusional position to ration out equality. Get the Heck Over Yourself !!!!! You are nothing more than a human being who has non pigmented skin that is considered as white. It infers nothing special upon or within you. Your arse will live and die just like everyone else. If it was not for the American Indians and black people, you'd be just like the peon class of that which your ancestry came from. The only thing that gives you the delusion of that which you carry is "money", and that would not be of such imbalance if your ethnic culture had learned to live with fairness and equity, rather than use, abuse, greed and avarice. Even today, look at the mess that such has done to destroy legacy industry, and decimate the economic viability of this nation. But, such ignorance won't allow you to blame your own ethnic kind, but the truth is evident and documented and you nor any other white person can erase it. Those are factual elements, you can deny all you want, but that does not make it go away.

If anything, its time to wake the heck up and get off the skin color based fictional pedestal. I've seen and known many good white people and over time hope to know more, but they are nothing like what you push of denial and a mentality that does not acknowledge its own history. The moderate and liberal minded white people do not care nor want much to do with the racist and bigoted types, because they seem them as being ignorant and self patronizing imbeciles. Even when it comes to many white women, they are tired not only of the subjugation of what some racist type of white men do to them, they don't like the mentality of covert racism that is within such types of men. Time is showing more and more, that white women are not falling for the "money" trap, they are looking at the character and when they see that bigotry and racist undertone, they want nothing to do with such types. This infuriates such men, because rather than develop a non racist and non bigoted character, they'd rather attack and beat and brutalize the women. Look in yourself and see the foul nature of mentality that was groomed within from a long history of racist and sexist delusional pretenses of fictional supremacy and what you will find is a money grubbing mentality that has few limits of what they will do for money, or how much they will kill and destroy their own family if they run out of it. Maybe you can learn that the fiction of racism was built on greed, vanity, ignorance and ultimately self delusional foolishness. Likely, that is far more than many are up to the task to face.

But, some white people have this delusional 'holier than thou" madness, that they have some delusion that anything they do is Ok. They carried out that conduct for Centuries and decades and no one in their right mind is going to ignore and dismiss the fact that America racism is borne and driven by white society.
Black people are more of a reactionary force against such, you wonder why black people have so much distrust of "some" white people. Then all you need to do is read and learn "the real and honest history of American white people" and the answer is made very clear. It was white people who created American Slavery, American segregation and all the racist ignorance that has followed. IT was not created by black people. Not only do you know that, you are basically a liar to deny it. The even sadder part is the carry over mentality, that is somewhat inbred within the culture in far too many. Never once stopping to think of what they say, what they do, how they do it, and the racial prejudgmental concepts that has been transferred from generation to generation.

Yes, I talk about it, and I point it out, and will continue to point it out, because it is a problem in these United States of America. If you want to pretend it is not, then you are simply caught in a loop of confabulation, where you paint yourself as being without fault, and that defiantly is a self delusional lie.

This is not the Jim Crow Era, where the policy was that no black person could speak such truths about white people. The fact is, some white people should speak the truths about themselves.
some even send their dumb ass kids to college and they take that crap on the University campuses and then carry it over into the workforce of Industries.

So, you need to come up with something better than your shallow and weightless claims to try and deflect and reflect your own disposition madness upon black people.
As to whether I said one or many, you knew exactly what i mean when I said "Republican" if you don't then that's your problem of shallow capability to understand reference and inferences.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:01 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Nearly 100,000 New Yorkers sign petition to get rid of Melania Trump | The Independent

Have you ever tried to navigate a community and go about your daily business during a presidential visit? It's extremely disruptive. There's a reason that former presidents liken the Oval Office to a gilded prison. Everything they do has a giant ripple effect. It's something that often gets thrown out as a criticism of sitting presidents in the aftermath of a natural disaster. They're expected to show up, but when they do, all rescue efforts come to a screeching halt, because the President's safety supersedes everything else. They are damned if they do, damned if they don't. The First Family's presence is a distraction and disruption, so the administration plans their movements very carefully and with great consideration of how many people will be inconvenienced. Now, realistically, New Yorkers have no legitimate right to demand that she leave, but she would be wise to consider just how big an effect her presence in Trump Tower is going to have on the surrounding community should she choose to stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies