Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2016, 08:04 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times

Advertisements

From the article:
"If the image of an upper-middle-class city attorney clad in a blazer and sipping wine while vandalizing an upscale grocery store with an anti-Trump message strikes you as perhaps the most bourgeois sight imaginable, that's because it is," said Joe DeFelice, chairman of the Philadelphia Republican Party.

More here:
Kenney: Anti-Trump vandalism involving city attorney 'dumb mistake'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 08:10 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Before this turns into a free-for-all in which partisan politics is invoked to lay blame at the feet of either party, I'd like to share that I firmly believe that we have entered a time when human beings regardless of political affiliation are struggling to adhere to the standards of civilized behavior. I do not have an explanation for this, but I find it very disheartening.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:15 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,963,115 times
As a Democrat I am dismayed at my party. In fact, I have left my party. Therefore it's their party and what a ruckus it's turned into.

Thanks again Hillary!

Can we just get a frickin party that doesn't hate science, appreciates education, doesn't race bait, looks out for the less fortunate, doesn't want to fight wars, and has mild concern for the debt level we are achieving and what it means for young people?

Neither party wants to take what I think is a simple platform.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:17 AM

1,285 posts, read 592,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Before this turns into a free-for-all in which partisan politics is invoked to lay blame at the feet of either party, I'd like to share that I firmly believe that we have entered a time when human beings regardless of political affiliation are struggling to adhere to the standards of civilized behavior. I do not have an explanation for this, but I find it very disheartening.
Welcome to Trumpland

Old 12-04-2016, 08:40 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post

Can we just get a frickin party that doesn't hate science,
Questioning science is the essence of science, it doesn't mean I hate science.

Quote:
appreciates education,
Questioning why we spend more per pupil than most western coutries with far less results does not mean I do not appreciate education.

Quote:
doesn't race bait,
Pointing out the astronomical murder rate in the black population is not racist.

Quote:
looks out for the less fortunate,
Questioning why we allow people on food stamps to buy soda with food stamps and why we have created a sytem that encourages generational poverty does not mean I have no compassion for the poor.

Quote:
doesn't want to fight wars,
War is not something anyone wants but the current policy to deal with ISIS is very similar to how the Clinton administration and early part of Bush administration dealt with Al-Qaeda and we all know how that turned out. You can either deal with it now or deal with later.

Quote:
and has mild concern for the debt level we are achieving and what it means for young people?
This needs to be dealt with to, this is systemic issue and the root cause is an overreaching and bloated government
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies