Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 11:30 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Donald Trump admitted that he whines until he gets what he wants. He's not going to end the entitlement issues. He himself has entitlement issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 11:31 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
All the liberals in here need to quit deflecting. LOL

Old 12-04-2016, 11:32 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
I find it very disturbing that people who plea for civility are derided as snowflakes and chastised to go back to their safe places. It's as if the entire world has been dropped into a Jerry Springer show and told to go for it. My grandmother, who was a stickler for manners, is rolling over in her grave. For the good of community, some things, despite popular opinion at the moment, are definitely better left unsaid.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:36 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
End it?

His entire campaign was based on telling low skill white people that they're entitled snowflakes who bear no responsibility for their situation and that Daddy Trump will come make it all better.
LOL.

Honestly, I got the same from his campaign and win - that the snowflakes are actually uniting!!

Trump is a snowflake IMO - grew up rich, still rich, whines when people talks about them and calls them "mean" lol. Can't take what he dishes out.

FWIW I don't think all snowflakes are 100% "bad" but IMO the vast majority of Trump voters were snowflakes who want to get "special treatment."

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
No it's not going to end. I've had to visit a lot of college campuses lately. Normal people wouldn't believe the crap their kids are being marinated in. The state universities are bad enough, but the pricier liberal arts colleges have jumped the shark into the madness of progressive liberalism.

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Deflecting....

Old 12-04-2016, 11:39 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I find it very disturbing that people who plea for civility are derided as snowflakes and chastised to go back to their safe places. It's as if the entire world has been dropped into a Jerry Springer show and told to go for it. My grandmother, who was a stickler for manners, is rolling over in her grave. For the good of community, some things, despite popular opinion at the moment, are definitely better left unsaid.
The sad truth is, many people feel that civility doesn't work. Many people want to say the vulgar, and the vile. To them, it is the only way to get a message across.

The mentality is "sure, I could be honest without being a jerk, but I want to be a jerk. I want to hurt someone's feelings. I want said persons to feel bad about themselves. Maybe it will get them to change and make them be the way I want them to be".

While being civil is valued, many people don't value it.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:40 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Deflecting....
Deflecting from what exactly?

Old 12-04-2016, 11:42 AM

427 posts, read 431,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
If Trump could end the entitlement mentality in this country that would be a great accomplishment .
Many people both rich and poor have this mentality that they are special snowflakes . Rich elite entitlement is as bad as those that think they are special because they can pop out children and have the taxpayers pay for it. This mentality has degraded this country.
Agreed. Liberals have created an elitist, self-righteous, lazy, race-bating, welfare state. That's their biggest acoomplishment to America in the last 50 years.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:42 AM

575 posts, read 299,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Did you see this?

"Donald Trump didn’t like Saturday Night Live last night very much.

During the show he tweeted out the following response, saying that the show was completely “unwatchable” and “not funny.”

When, in fact, it was actually very funny – and got a lot of fanfare for making fun of Donald Trump’s tweets, no less! Pretty ironic that he angrily tweeted about a show making fun of his tweets!"

A Woman Just Stood Up To Trump?s Latest Outburst On Twitter ? And America Is Cheering Her On

Alec Baldwin has really gotten under Trump's skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies