Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2016, 05:03 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times

Advertisements

Donald is RIGHT. The SNL skit is disrespectful to our President. That show USED to be good in the 70's-80's but now it's just pure garbage. I used to love this show. A long time ago. It got worse over the years. In the latest Trump skit: They twist Alec Baldwin's mouth in such an exaggerated, unnatural way. I can tell you I will NO longer watch the newer crap-filled SNL. it looks pretty obvious they do not like Donald Trump on that show and they are trying to make a mockery of him. I love comedy. I wanted to see for myself. I just watched it. I wanted to see if Trump was being too sensitive. I think NOT. It's something they need to do is dump this show in the sewer.

Donald does not like to be disrespected. I can bet you, that he is going to do something to put a stop to this kind of lame show that is limping on it's weak leg for the last 15 years. You just watch...

Some of you need to watch the OLD SNL shows. From the 70-80's. THOSE were funny. This is something SNL is doing to upset the President and I don't find it funny. They are portraying themselves for the very thing their show stands for: Stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 05:06 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Donald is RIGHT. The SNL skit is disrespectful to our President. That show USED to be good in the 70's-80's but now it's just pure garbage. I used to love this show. A long time ago. It got worse over the years. In the latest Trump skit: They twist Alec Baldwin's mouth in such an exaggerated, unnatural way. I can tell you I will NO longer watch the newer crap-filled SNL. it looks pretty obvious they do not like Donald Trump on that show and they are trying to make a mockery of him. I love comedy. I wanted to see for myself. I just watched it. I wanted to see if Trump was being too sensitive. I think NOT. It's something they need to do is dump this show in the sewer.

Donald does not like to be disrespected. I can bet you, that he is going to do something to put a stop to this kind of lame show that is limping on it's weak leg for the last 15 years. You just watch...

Some of you need to watch the OLD SNL shows. From the 70-80's. THOSE were funny. This is something SNL is doing to upset the President and I don't find it funny. They are portraying themselves for the very thing their show stands for: Stupidity.
Trump is not president and it is a free country. Put a stop to the show? State TV? Trump does not need to watch the show and neither do the snowflakes on the right.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:10 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:

Lol, what's he gonna do? Poor little thin skinned man child.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:12 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,475,658 times
Quote:
Ha ha, good one.

(You were just kidding, right?)

Old 12-04-2016, 05:22 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Look, nothing Trump can ever say or do will ever scrub the mental image of the shrieking Yale College student crying over the House master to create a safe space because of some "offensive" Halloween costumes...
And when liberals run - let alone elect - that obnoxious woman to the highest office in the country, you might have cause for comparison.

We can easily find any number of odious, stupid, sexist, decidedly racist slack-jawed yokels who are all in for Trump. But using those to stereotype the Trump voters is as obviously unfair as it is to decide all liberals must match the most deranged example you can find. Holding the opposition's fringe up against your own ideal is a cheap trick.

However - the people you decide to elevate to the top, they're perfectly fair game - in fact, holding those in power up to the highest standard isn't unfair, it's the rassum frassum job of the satirist.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:23 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
All authoritarians are snowflakes. The statist never disappoints on this front.

The lefties are just more fun to make fun of because they take themselves so seriously.

That's why most humor mocking Trump isn't that funny. He's so over the top in his raging statist snowflake behavior that you can't top him in parody. He's the best parody of himself...if that makes sense.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:25 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,397,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
You mean the Never Trump conservatives? So someone has to be politically and personally opposed to Trump to get your attention?
Oh please..I've been following politics for more than 25 years. My interest in the names I noted very much pre-dates Trump.

Had the good fortune to run into Sullivan on the sidewalk in Adams Morgan in D.C. back in the 90's. Seemed like a real nice guy. He is smart as hell that is for sure.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:35 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times

Old 12-04-2016, 05:48 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yes and they work their asses off . Trump worked a lot harder than Clinton during campaign .
I'll grant you that Trump worked a lot harder at actually going out and interacting with the public. Clinton did a terrible job of that.

However, it doesn't appear that he invested more than a moment here and there to actually coming up with coherent policy ideas. He's a show man. He thinks that attention is a substitute for actually knowing what you're talking about.

He's also the most entitled snowflake I've ever seen. His supporters aren't much better, feeling that they're entitled to a middle class lifestyle by virtue of being white and ignorant.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:52 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Donald does not like to be disrespected. I can bet you, that he is going to do something to put a stop to this kind of lame show that is[i] limping on it's weak leg for the last 15 years. You just watch...
So, he plans on banning freedom of speech? No one is allowed to speak about Dear Leader unless they promise to speak only in flattering terms? Kim Jong-un would be proud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies