Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 10:13 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,670,337 times

Advertisements

From today's Chicago tribune, a group of African American men have filed a lawsuit against a staffing agency for discrimination. This, to me, disproves the argument that Mexicans are doing jobs others won't do, which many of us knew was b.s.

A snippet from the article:

Quote:
An immigrant-dominated workforce, with language barriers and legal status concerns, is less likely to complain about failure to pay overtime, workplace injuries, wage theft or overwork, according to Williams. He described dozens of white vans that pick people up in the Little Village neighborhood, populated mostly by Mexican immigrants, and drive them to the suburbs for jobs, while black applicants will show up early at the agency office and wait all day before being told there's no work.

"They get up early, they make their way there, they get there on the promise that there might be work for them," Williams said. "And they watch as it changes from a very mixed room in the morning to mostly African-Americans left in the afternoon."
If they have legal status concerns because they're illegals, then I'm all for prison time for the offenders still hiring them. Perhaps that will get the attention of these people thumbing their nose at the law.

Article here:

Discrimination suit alleges black temp workers passed over for Hispanics - Chicago Tribune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 11:04 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,388,668 times
That whole doing jobs Americans won't do is pure bs.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:06 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,006,653 times
I never believed their non-sense lies. I see non-mexican Americans doing jobs that illegals says Americans don't want to do.....

Old 12-07-2016, 11:07 AM

30,368 posts, read 23,836,139 times
Good. I hope they win, and I hope the pukes who hire illegals get a painfully hefty fine, along with a prison sentence, for doing so.

Let them explain to the people in prison why they hired illegals. I'm sure that will go over well in there.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:10 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,652,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
That whole doing jobs Americans won't do is pure bs.
True and the left wing BS propagandists go by names like:
CNN
ABC
CBS
NBC
MSNBC
HUFFPO
POLITICO

Just as an example, go to any of those websites and count how many anti-Trump articles are published daily. It's no wonder progressives are brain washed.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:35 AM

63,109 posts, read 29,291,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
From today's Chicago tribune, a group of African American men have filed a lawsuit against a staffing agency for discrimination. This, to me, disproves the argument that Mexicans are doing jobs others won't do, which many of us knew was b.s.

A snippet from the article:

If they have legal status concerns because they're illegals, then I'm all for prison time for the offenders still hiring them. Perhaps that will get the attention of these people thumbing their nose at the law.

Article here:

Discrimination suit alleges black temp workers passed over for Hispanics - Chicago Tribune
Glad to hear that some black Americans are sticking up for themselves and finally realizing that illegal immigration is impacting them negatively also. Far too many won't stand up against it because they feel that would be siding white Americans on this issue. Hispanics are a minority so many blacks feel they should side with them instead. It's not a race issue it's an American issue.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:26 PM

I agree with most of what you're posting, but I don't know that it's always the left making these statements. I've heard people on the right say it, too.

I wouldn't say blacks are siding with illegals, or in favor of continuing immigration, because that's like saying 'whites are siding with'. There's no one size fits all, and opinions vary. But I'm glad they're filing a lawsuit and think penalties need to be harsher. Some companies pay the fine and continue what they're doing as if it's no big deal. Time to make it a big deal. Especially since black males have spent time in prison for far lesser crimes.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:28 PM

29,532 posts, read 22,774,307 times
Not that I condone this type of thing, but when people talk about doing jobs Americans don't want to do, they're talking about things like farm hand labor.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:32 PM

63,109 posts, read 29,291,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Not that I condone this type of thing, but when people talk about doing jobs Americans don't want to do, they're talking about things like farm hand labor.

And for those jobs there are unlimited visas for "legal", foreign workers.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
But you know as well as I do that they don't express it that way. They don't say, 'most jobs' or 'agricultural jobs', they simply make the statement that, 'They're only doing jobs nobody else will do.' That's b.s.

And with all the news about the construction jobs, etc., going to illegals, they should qualify their statement if they think it's only a matter of some jobs, don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies