Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 06:10 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

I wasn't an enthusiastic Hillary supporter and I think she ran an obviously lousy campaign. But her loss goes much deeper than appearances.

This is an excellent article on how Hillary's "allies" actually did a lot of heavy lifting for Trump.

Uniquely Talented: Only the Democrats Could Have Lost to Trump | Fred On Everything

The author is a former Marine and Vietnam vet. I read his columns from time to time and enjoy his writing.

Maybe you will, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 06:15 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,461 times
Reminds me of this (Fast forward to 1:24):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyzDRc34l2g

Old 12-08-2016, 06:21 AM

Good video.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:24 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Good video.
Reminds me of something the author of the article might come up with.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:31 AM

Fred's writing gets more than a little sarcastic at times, but he generally isn't far off target.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:53 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
I wasn't an enthusiastic Hillary supporter and I think she ran an obviously lousy campaign. But her loss goes much deeper than appearances.

This is an excellent article on how Hillary's "allies" actually did a lot of heavy lifting for Trump.

Uniquely Talented: Only the Democrats Could Have Lost to Trump | Fred On Everything

The author is a former Marine and Vietnam vet. I read his columns from time to time and enjoy his writing.

Maybe you will, too.

.................... and yet what he describes is the current democrat party, which is now the party of the elite, ultra rich and those on federal support.

The democrat party is no longer the party of the middle class or the working citizen. The democrat party despises the average American and, as such, has catered to illegals, the ultra-rich, weird fringe groups, and every foreign nation which will throw them a dime. The democrat party brought us NAFTA, China trade policies, repeal of Glass-Steagle, and massive inflows of illegals. These actions have destroyed the middle class, increased the "wealth gap", and lowered incomes. The chief intent of the democrats appeared to be intent on creating a feudal system in America in which the ultra-rich preside over a slave class.

If the democrat party was that of Truman and FDR, I would be a democrat. However....................

I sincerely wonder why anyone in their right mind would be a democrat today, unless they suddenly change back to be the party of the working stiff. No one wants to be a poor, federal dependent, ruled by smug elitists.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:05 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
I kind of liked Trump at first, then decided he was a douche who people projected their fantasies of how he would govern on just because he was an unknown quality. I had decided to sit out the primaries because I couldn't choose between Trump or Cruz, neither of whom I liked.

Then came the rally in San Jose and all those people chasing down and beating people just because they didn't like their choice of candidate, all while the police looked on and did nothing. From that moment on I was a Trump supporter, even though I figured he would lose. I still don't regret my vote. He gets four years to prove himself or he's out of there. Already I'm happy to see he tries to do things that his predecessor said was impossible and refused to even try, like trying to keep companies from moving facilities out of the country. If only he would get rid of his Twitter account and ignore SNL.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:18 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
From the article...

The privileged worked hard for Trump. Every time they described his people as uneducated white males, implicit dregs, they drove votes to Donald. And they so described the working class unceasingly.

It made him President. Good, bad, or indifferent, it is how he got in.

In other words, many who support the left here on C-D helped get Trump elected.

-----------------

This is why Trump took them by such surprise. They were dealing with a country they had never seen. And didn’t like. Lord only knows what kind of President Trump will make (unless God also is wondering, which I find plausible) but he had the country figured out. Which is positively weird, given that he is a filthy rich New Yorker.

This is a good statement.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:23 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
From the article...

The privileged worked hard for Trump. Every time they described his people as uneducated white males, implicit dregs, they drove votes to Donald. And they so described the working class unceasingly.

It made him President. Good, bad, or indifferent, it is how he got in.
In other words, many who support the left here on C-D helped get Trump elected.
I am not uneducated, deplorable or a white male. However, these stereotypes being pushed on all Trump supporters by the media and posters here only made me want to vote Trump more. I would have never voted for HRC but may have refrained from voting if it were not for the demeaning, nasty attitude of the left trying to shame people into not voting for him.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:24 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:

Maybe you will, too.
I too am a fan of Fred. Here is one of his gems that ties into the current Fake News thing. Let's call it, " Where did the Hellfire Go?" :

Legion of the Tinfoil Hat: Fred Reveals His Martian Loyalties | Fred On Everything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies