Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 09:17 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,687,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchmen View Post
Has Trump ever done any of this?? Absolutely not!!

What a steaming load of crap. Both parties have billionaire donors. Many liberal and democrats have hunted, fished, hitchhiked, lived in rural areas, and are so-called "real Americans."
My point was not whether either candidate had wealthy donors or not. Good grief.

BTW, Hillary's campaign spending was twice what Donald spent. Who knew, that nominating a Republican billionaire would get money out of politics.

You fail to grasp my point. Trump's 'thank you' tour was aimed at the common man

Hilary's thank yous were aimed at the top 0.1%. The top 1% were not invited, they were not wealthy and influential enough to attend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 09:25 AM

601 posts, read 593,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
My point was not whether either candidate had wealthy donors or not. Good grief.

BTW, Hillary's campaign spending was twice what Donald spent. Who knew, that nominating a Republican billionaire would get money out of politics.

You fail to grasp my point. Trump's 'thank you' tour was aimed at the common man

Hilary's thank yous were aimed at the top 0.1%. The top 1% were not invited, they were not wealthy and influential enough to attend.
I vote for politicians based on the legislation that they support, not the types of Thank You Victory Bragging tours that they do. That is irrelevant.

Coincidentally, legislation may be boring and tedious to Trumpsters; but it has the power to affect millions, including the commoner 99%.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:32 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,687,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchmen View Post
I vote for politicians based on the legislation that they support, not the types of Thank You Victory Bragging tours that they do. That is irrelevant.

Coincidentally, legislation may be boring and tedious to Trumpsters; but it has the power to affect millions, including the commoner 99%.

I can see it's impossible to hold a conversation with you. You read into everything I say, you distort, twist and contort my words, until you take everything I said completely out of context.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-09-2016 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: name calling

Old 12-08-2016, 09:40 AM

30,437 posts, read 19,211,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I wasn't an enthusiastic Hillary supporter and I think she ran an obviously lousy campaign. But her loss goes much deeper than appearances.

This is an excellent article on how Hillary's "allies" actually did a lot of heavy lifting for Trump.

Uniquely Talented: Only the Democrats Could Have Lost to Trump | Fred On Everything

The author is a former Marine and Vietnam vet. I read his columns from time to time and enjoy his writing.

Maybe you will, too.
The article was spot on. Trump and the Republicans have a chance to point the country in the right direction, hope they get it done.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:49 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,592,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
For many voters, Hilary was the epitome of what they despised in our current crop of selfish, greedy, corrupt, lying, duplicitous politicians in Washington DC.
Amen.

or, as some folks say, "qft"

Old 12-08-2016, 09:50 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,821,925 times
I am fascinated by what might happen in the next four years. Just so long as the Trumpsters keep their greedy paws off my Pension, my Social Security, My VA Disability and my Medicare.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:03 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I kind of liked Trump at first, then decided he was a douche who people projected their fantasies of how he would govern on just because he was an unknown quality. I had decided to sit out the primaries because I couldn't choose between Trump or Cruz, neither of whom I liked.

Then came the rally in San Jose and all those people chasing down and beating people just because they didn't like their choice of candidate, all while the police looked on and did nothing. From that moment on I was a Trump supporter, even though I figured he would lose. I still don't regret my vote. He gets four years to prove himself or he's out of there. Already I'm happy to see he tries to do things that his predecessor said was impossible and refused to even try, like trying to keep companies from moving facilities out of the country. If only he would get rid of his Twitter account and ignore SNL.

He cannot. Just like he cannot stop with this wasteful spending on his "victory" tour.

He is a narcissist. He loves attention, adoration, the crowd cheering him on.

That's why he stays parked on Twitter so much.

He's not going to magically stop being a narcissist.

I hope that, despite all his personality flaws, he doesn't screw up the country too much, but his cabinet appointments tell me otherwise.

I enjoy being wrong about stuff like the ruination of the country, so I welcome him surprising me.

I just am not gonna hold my breath waiting for it.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:04 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am fascinated by what might happen in the next four years. Just so long as the Trumpsters keep their greedy paws off my Pension, my Social Security, My VA Disability and my Medicare.
Not likely. I hope that they do leave it alone, but Paul Ryan is gunning for your benefits, man.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:10 AM

29,553 posts, read 9,745,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I kind of liked Trump at first, then decided he was a douche who people projected their fantasies of how he would govern on just because he was an unknown quality. I had decided to sit out the primaries because I couldn't choose between Trump or Cruz, neither of whom I liked.

Then came the rally in San Jose and all those people chasing down and beating people just because they didn't like their choice of candidate, all while the police looked on and did nothing. From that moment on I was a Trump supporter, even though I figured he would lose. I still don't regret my vote. He gets four years to prove himself or he's out of there. Already I'm happy to see he tries to do things that his predecessor said was impossible and refused to even try, like trying to keep companies from moving facilities out of the country. If only he would get rid of his Twitter account and ignore SNL.
Really curious where these beatings took place while the police looked on and did nothing, but stereotypes or not, your entire comment offers about as much an intelligent well-reasoned explanation for why a Trump supporter voted for Trump as any...

Old 12-08-2016, 10:27 AM

1,180 posts, read 779,432 times
What "Cogent" mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies