Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 01:22 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
But people who can afford tickets to their shows and have enough money to buy their art -- is that not part of what makes things good for them in their professions?
You think people who lean liberal don't have money?

LOL. That's funny.

I'm doubting the Rust Belt that elected Trump is overflowing with well-heeled individuals.

Both parties have their share of people who aren't wealthy.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Perhaps . But in the current environment if a celebrity comes out in support of Trump they are attacked and it can hurt their business . If they say they support Hillary there is no risk .

I'm sure there are a lot more Trump supporters in Hollywood or that are artists or musicians they just don't want to say anything as they know mainstream media will jump on it and paint them as racist or if they are a minority as "crazy" or an "Uncle Tom "

Kanye west came out and said positive things recently and got locked up in a mental hospital for a week or so .

His wife Kim Kardashian had said something about supporting Trump and was attacked and then she "changed her mind "

She probably figured it wasn't worth it and she didn't want the media attacks .
Well, that's the climate. Does a person roll up at a Klan rally and talk against white supremacists? Nope.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Americans do have to pay their bills. So do the companies that hire them. DC keeps raising operating costs on employers forcing them to pass the expenses on to their customers. You take the unholy combination of Obamacare expenses and raising minimum wage and it's no surprise low-end jobs disappear as employers scramble to curtail expenses.

Jeff Bezos, one of the biggest liberals out there just opened Amazon Go, an automated grocery store. Amazon Go grocery store replaces cashiers with automation and AI - TechRepublic

According to Forbes, Bezos could be eliminating thousands of jobs across the US. Forbes Welcome

Imagine the outcry if a Trump supporter did this. But Bezos sicced the WaPo on Trump during the elections, so he's a good guy.
To be fair, Amazon didn't replace humans. They never had them.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:33 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Don't worry everyone, the times they are a-changin.'

What if Jobs Are Not the Solution, But the Problem?
But who will stock grocery shelves, who will fix my car, wait, who will sell me the car, who's going to supply the gas for my car? Who will make sure the internet is working, who will keep my electric and gas working? Who will serve at restaurants?

Even the guy who you get your bag from is working, Who will you go to to get that. Who's going to make the papers? Who's going to invent or produce those games? Or the monitor and accessories you need to play? Who will man the state stores? Who will produce either of them if everyone had your attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 01:42 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
To be fair, Amazon didn't replace humans. They never had them.
I learned today, after a 15 minute hold on the phone, that my doctor's medical practice is automating and laying off staff. Want your lab test results? Go on-line. Make a doctor's appointment or renew a prescription? It's all on-line. And forget picking up the prescription, everything is on-line now with the pharmacy so the state and feds can monitor your medications.

Want to speak to someone on the desk...you can wait 15 minutes like I did.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:50 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times
i don't support this pick but the guy was talking up automation, he was saying a 15 dollar min. wage would lead to companies going to automation instead of hiring people.

he wants to use cheap foreign labor, like Democrats do, not robots.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:56 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I had this discussion with one of my sons...we were trying to figure out if there was a popular movie that espoused conservative ideas, his response was priceless: "Hunger Games"
what is interesting about liberals is how you ignore the record number of people out of labor force and living in poverty and on food stamps during Obama adminstration. you support flooding the country with poor low skilled foreign workers who take jobs and suppress wages but then you act like you are the champion of the 'the little guy'.

Old 12-09-2016, 02:17 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
...if everyone had your attitude.
Take a step back. I posted an article -- doesn't mean I agree with it. In fact I posted it because I DON'T agree with many aspects of it, but it is kind of relevant to the thread.

Old 12-09-2016, 02:30 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
In response to Petch571 - Obviously you are not listening to the RWNJ's. All of this can be done by electronic machinery. Robots are the new slaves of the investor economy.

The only possible problem in a consumer driven economy is robot slaves do not buy anything.

I watched some of the Carl Jr's advertisements this morning. Eventually I noticed the hamburgers.

Oh, another great use of robots. The investors could spend the money to create semi-sentient robots to replace human soldiers. They could be much more effective (?) and never be afraid and never be mourned.

Old 12-09-2016, 02:45 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You think people who lean liberal don't have money?
Sure, other people's money.

LOL. That's funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies