Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 05:24 PM

63,220 posts, read 29,343,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
This view of immigration is so alien to average Americans because the liberals in this country have made it seem as though immigration is just a basic human right in which all can engage. If you talk to people on the street they're under the assumption that we just have an open border world. They don't get that US policy toward immigration is what you outlined above. If you told them that they'd think you're racist and are peddling right wing nonsense!

Exactly, and I don't see the name callers demanding that every other country in the world have open borders or unlimited immigration and refugees. I guess we are the only country in the world that immigrants can migrate to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 05:25 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,046,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly, and I don't see the name callers demanding that every other country in the world have open borders or unlimited immigration and refugees. I guess we are the only country in the world that immigrants can migrate to?
Doesn't Canada have stricter immigration laws? Isn't there policy just like our stated policy only much more strict?

Old 12-09-2016, 05:58 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,455,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You didn't answer my question. Just who are these refugee groups that the Republicans supposedly object to that fit the description of those you described above?

Your Question:
Could you name them? Would they be a fiscal burden to our society? The devils in the details you know.

Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle
Yes..I can. I live in Twin Falls Idaho--there is an active Refugee settlement center at The College of Southern Idaho. I've seen Eritreans, Somalians, Indonesians, Burmese, Fiji Islanders and Bangladesh people here..they work, play and participate in our community. Some are Moslem...some are not. Nobody trips out at the sight of a hajib in the Albertson's.

Very few are on the welfare roles--and irony is that the only locals that oppose their presence probably have more of a drain on our community than the immigrants. There are a lot of folks a couple of hundred miles to the North that have issues..but they don't live here..so screw 'em.

BTW..here in Twin we have an unemployment rate of about 2.9%.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/twin_...mployment_rate

LoL..as stated, your question is kinda difficult to answer...speaking anecdotally, I've seen many posts here that decry any legal immigration..but especially the settlement of refugees..Moslem or not... in the US.

Now if you are asking me for a Republican platform plank opposing Refugee's being settled in the US..not aware of any...but a quick survey of C-D shows me that there are many who would make the case that they also take American jobs...

I went back and read your post...and your question was about my knowing these people..refugees...and their status as to being a drain on society. Thus I believe my answer adequately addressed your question.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:24 PM

19,898 posts, read 12,185,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Yes..I can. I live in Twin Falls Idaho--there is an active Refugee settlement center at The College of Southern Idaho. I've seen Eritreans, Somalians, Indonesians, Burmese, Fiji Islanders and Bangladesh people here..they work, play and participate in our community. Some are Moslem...some are not. Nobody trips out at the sight of a hajib in the Albertson's.

Very few are on the welfare roles--and irony is that the only locals that oppose their presence probably have more of a drain on our community than the immigrants. There are a lot of folks a couple of hundred miles to the North that have issues..but they don't live here..so screw 'em.

The low unemployment rate is attributable to the opening of the large Chobani factory in Twin Falls.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:10 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,869,238 times
A question to older, non college-educated whites: why do the majority of you vote Republican?

Old 12-09-2016, 07:51 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,910,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
A question to older, non college-educated whites: why do the majority of you vote Republican?
None college educated and poor whites barely and sometimes don't vote majority Republican but whatever. I'm not non-college educated but I know them. For starters they didn't like all the low class immigrants Democrats vowed to allow in and the illegals taking their jobs and just being a pain in the ass to deal with as costumers in service sector jobs. They didn't like AFFH moving lots of bad people into their neighborhoods and being victims of crime.

Like any self respecting white person they didn't like being demonized, scapegoated and imposed upon in general by Democrats.

What do democrats offer any whites but insults and blame and vows to flood their country with people who hate them? Lower educated, lower income whites particularly males don't get affirmative action, welfare, are not consider diverse and have to work with and live around the dregs that Democrats favor and allow to immigrate in. Democrats basically spit on them and their country and heritage. Why would they vote for Democrats?

Whites who are a little older realize that Democrat favored policies and immigration have changed American and they don't like it. Why would anyone that had more freedom like having less? And diversity-basically foreigners from all over the world who do not like you brought in just to displace you- is no good.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:53 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,939,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
So do libertarians. From the 99% to the donor class.

Regarding latinos, they flee plutocracy where a tiny super rich elite control the political system and the economy, so perhaps they prefer a more democratic system.
Slowing people to keep their own money ain't wealth redistribution.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:12 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,455,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
The low unemployment rate is attributable to the opening of the large Chobani factory in Twin Falls.
It played a part, to be sure...but the new Cliff Bar plant..Jerome Cheese..Glambia..Spears Mfg. & HiLex Poly..all have played a part...plus the booming agribusiness in the area.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:43 PM

269 posts, read 135,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
That's your dishonest opinion based on no facts whatsoever.

No it's not and you have no proof. Nothing worse than someone lying about others beliefs in order to deflect from the horrible and failed policies of the current administration.
Nah saying that latinos are looking for handouts and that's why Democrats want them here is absolute directly calling latinos grifters out to rip off America. That's bigotry.

I'd say the fact that this bigoted view is the most common one amongst conservatives towards latinos makes it an example of the core beliefs of conservatives.

Yeah I am really deflecting from the failure of the current administration by addressing the words of conservatives. Lol pure nonsense thinking.

Old 12-10-2016, 07:53 AM

63,220 posts, read 29,343,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Your Question:
Could you name them? Would they be a fiscal burden to our society? The devils in the details you know.

Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle

LoL..as stated, your question is kinda difficult to answer...speaking anecdotally, I've seen many posts here that decry any legal immigration..but especially the settlement of refugees..Moslem or not... in the US.

Now if you are asking me for a Republican platform plank opposing Refugee's being settled in the US..not aware of any...but a quick survey of C-D shows me that there are many who would make the case that they also take American jobs...

I went back and read your post...and your question was about my knowing these people..refugees...and their status as to being a drain on society. Thus I believe my answer adequately addressed your question.

My point was that the Republicans don't object to immigrants or refugees that will be a benefit to our country and not a threat to our society. If I remember correctly you claimed that the Republicans pretty much object to immigrants and refugees in general and that's simply not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies