Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2016, 10:11 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times

Advertisements

It's going to be really funny if the senate's investigation proves her bathroom server was full of classified emails and hacked and the CIA knew it all along. Pure karma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 10:31 AM

203 posts, read 246,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post

an event occurred that would allow a lot of hawks to advance a policy that could lead the world into a true third world war.

Hey even better is if the EC switch sides against the elect candidate, we get Clinton who has already said she would go to war with Russia in Syria (enforce a NFZ). Further without firm evidence that may very well lead to a US civil war. The claims being made are not benign, and the politicians and media seem to be like a 3 year old with a book of matches, what could possibly go wrong?

Do you really believe 37 people will change their vote for this to happen?
Do you see how fear is driving your imagination toward unreasonable conclusions. I cannot believe that this many electors will change their vote; its difficult not to jeer anyone going that far in imagination and then outline the what ifs after the fantasy number is hit.

I appreciate your life experience that might have lead you to consider these possibilities tho. If you are willing to explain in detail what outlines such fears I can promise to seriously consider such a point of view. WW3 isn't a joke and if you see steps toward that end then yes I would like to read them.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:36 AM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
As you may have heard (I know you have), the intelligence agencies have already investigated, and announced some findings indicating Russian involvement, and as you may have heard, Obama asked for a full report by January. We need to know everything about it, because it could be even more widespread than we thought. So, there has already been investigations, and they are still investigating more. I hope that clears it up.
During the election the left was all bent out of shape over the FBI investigations regarding Clinton and how it was made public. Now its a whole different story.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:03 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
During the election the left was all bent out of shape over the FBI investigations regarding Clinton and how it was made public. Now its a whole different story.
Those on the right felt that Loretta Lynch should not pass judgment on Clinton, they all wanted Comey and then they didn't. I never saw an FBI director go from hero to villain so fast for both parties, which means to me he was fair.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
His supporters, especially those who watch FOX are under the impression that the investigation aims to change the outcome of the election, which is not true. It is not going to do that, no matter what the outcome, but we need to get to the bottom of if we want to prevent it in the future.

I was disappointed last night watching FOX and noticing they had turned the whole investigation into some kind of Hillary initiated conspiracy which would somehow get her into the White House. They asked Mike Huckabees opinion, and his whole answer revolved around how Hillary has to accept defeat and stop trying to change the outcome. This needs to be investigated no matter what Hillary says, or doesn't say. I have not heard her say anything lately.
It has EVERYTHING to do with trying to change the outcome of the election. Wanting open borders and a free flow of refugees now you are telling me the left is suddenly preoccupied with national security? That is it nothing else. Just trying to do the right thing?

First it is Jill Stein and the recounts. Hackers changed the votes in three states allegedly. That failed, the votes that were recounted actually added to Trump's numbers.

Then it was the Russian Propaganda story in WaPo. A Mccarthyite blacklist of people conspiring with Russia to throw the election. Ron Paul? A Russian spy? That turned out to be nonsense.

Now you have a small window of opportunity to try to influence the electors. This is your last gasp, your hail mary. If you can somehow show that Trump would have lost without the hacking perhaps 37 electors can be convinced to switch.

That is not going to happen.

I guarantee after this attempt fails and Trump is sworn in the left's preoccupation with national security and Russian hacking will quickly evaporate.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
It has EVERYTHING to do with trying to change the outcome of the election. Wanting open borders and a free flow of refugees now you are telling me the left is suddenly preoccupied with national security? That is it nothing else. Just trying to do the right thing?

First it is Jill Stein and the recounts. Hackers changed the votes in three states allegedly. That failed, the votes that were recounted actually added to Trump's numbers.

Then it was the Russian Propaganda story in WaPo. A Mccarthyite blacklist of people conspiring with Russia to throw the election. Ron Paul? A Russian spy? That turned out to be nonsense.

Now you have a small window of opportunity to try to influence the electors. This is your last gasp, your hail mary. If you can somehow show that Trump would have lost without the hacking perhaps 37 electors can be convinced to switch.

That is not going to happen.

I guarantee after this attempt fails and Trump is sworn in the left's preoccupation with national security and Russian hacking will quickly evaporate.
Except for the fact Trump asked for Russians to hack into Hillary's e-mails. Some of those that wound up on WikiLeaks were Hillary e-mails, others were DNC e-mails. If you think it is nonsense than you don't get it. If Trump lost and had a hack, you damn well get your ass he would ***** right and left about how we new to bring the hackers to justice and the intelligence community failed him. But he won so he is complaining because it was for his opponent.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Those on the right felt that Loretta Lynch should not pass judgment on Clinton, they all wanted Comey and then they didn't. I never saw an FBI director go from hero to villain so fast for both parties, which means to me he was fair.
I agree. I was fine with what Comey did. He was put in an impossible situation. You have to agree there was only an investigation because of Clinton's poor judgement with the server.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Except for the fact Trump asked for Russians to hack into Hillary's e-mails. Some of those that wound up on WikiLeaks were Hillary e-mails, others were DNC e-mails. If you think it is nonsense than you don't get it. If Trump lost and had a hack, you damn well get your ass he would ***** right and left about how we new to bring the hackers to justice and the intelligence community failed him. But he won so he is complaining because it was for his opponent.
It was a sarcastic comment, a joke. He was saying if our intelligence people cannot find the missing emails maybe the Russians can. That is obvious if you read the whole text.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:31 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
The problem with FBI was that they never discuss ongoing investigations, but in Clinton case they did, and they did it just before the elections.

As matter of fact, when Congress asked Comey about the hacking investigation before the elections, he said he cannot comment on ongoing investigations, especially so close to the elections. That was a bit of a double standard.

At this time, or after the EC votes, the intelligence community can share what they have with Congress/Senate.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:32 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Except for the fact Trump asked for Russians to hack into Hillary's e-mails.
No, he didn't. That's 100% fake news presented by the mainstream media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies