Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2016, 05:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
I did see, in the article, that it's obvious that the liberals in Germany are starting to build the narrative that their impending elections will be "hacked" (blown up into a future scandal and a delegitimization of the election, only if they lose of course).
They can pretty much count on it, or at least on the fact that there will be attempted hacking. Our elections show that foreign nations can advance their own interests by cyber warfare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 05:32 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You can't read. I said that the video and the quote are on the Internet. And you think I'm talking about emails being on the Internet?

To be fair, I've been sick the last few days but also you weren't clear on what you meant. Remember the internet is about context. No need to get snarky over this.

No, he didn't come close to asking them to do anything, let alone hack.

So he didn't ask them to "find" anything? Am I reading that correctly?

He said "find". We have all found countless things without "hacking". Kind of like how the cops found all those emails on Anthony Weiner's laptop without hacking. It's called an "investigation". It's a big word, but I'm sure you know what it means. You investigate, and you find the location of something. Like, if you wanted my emails you'd ask around and find out my email address from someone I sent an email to. Then you'd know that my emails were on a server controlled by my email provider. Then after you found out where they were, you could get a court order (if the circumstances justified it) and read them.
You are comparing apples to oranges now. Cops and even forensic computer experts can find stuff without hacking. But they either find it open or go back in and piece things together. Some Russian like Trump asked would not find things this way. They would only be able to "find" it if it was leaked or hacked into. That is why everyone says he said they should hack into it. We all knew what he really meant. The data is encrypted and was in many cases dumped into an online recycle bin.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:40 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LMAO Every time he gets caught saying something DUMB, people defend him saying its a joke or sarcasm. Here's a hint: If people don't know its sarcasm or a joke, maybe you should stop because you suck at it.

And I do not take that second sentence as sarcasm. I take it as a request to do something to garner recognition.
The only people who don't get sarcasm are humorless liberals. They only laugh when someone makes fun of conservative white guys. Everyone else is off limits in their myopic world.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:45 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Trump made people think he had all the answers to their problems (unemployment, unhappy with clinton etc.) He had middle class voters think he was the best candidate because he was a business man. He promised the elderly he wouldn't fiddle with their benefits but Ryan is itching to move against Medicare and Social security. I just hope it works out so we don't antagonize one of our "friends" and throw us into another endless war. Thisi country is war weary we have had enough of our money spent on war. The Russians did hack and I would be curious to see what the numbers would have been with out the disruption of the emails and Comey"s stunt. ...

Old 12-14-2016, 06:01 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
The only people who don't get sarcasm are humorless liberals. They only laugh when someone makes fun of conservative white guys. Everyone else is off limits in their myopic world.
He said it in the same tone and same way he played into the immigration comment of Mexico is sending us its worse. That didn't sound sarcastic to me and I use sarcasm like it is water...

Old 12-14-2016, 06:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trump made people think he had all the answers to their problems (unemployment, unhappy with clinton etc.) He had middle class voters think he was the best candidate because he was a business man. He promised the elderly he wouldn't fiddle with their benefits but Ryan is itching to move against Medicare and Social security. I just hope it works out so we don't antagonize one of our "friends" and throw us into another endless war. Thisi country is war weary we have had enough of our money spent on war. The Russians did hack and I would be curious to see what the numbers would have been with out the disruption of the emails and Comey"s stunt. ...
Gee, the TRUTH now being called a "disruption". What will be thought of next? What is it called when the U.S. does it's best to disrupt other nations elections or install OUR puppets?

Old 12-14-2016, 06:46 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is rather interesting, the secret assessment isn't exactly secret anymore. We will see if other major outlets confirm this story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.eec99278b266
When some one claims "Secret" CIA assessment" I wonder how they got it if it is so "secret".

Their seems to a difference of opinion among the Intelligence agencies.

Keep in mind, the CIA deals in HUMINT (human Intelligence) and has little to do with dealing the actual cyber-security. THAT is done by the NSA (SIGENT, SIGNAL INTELLIGENCE) which is what cyber-security is all about.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well at least there will be an investigation, amazing how so many people accepted foreign powers hacking a particular candidates emails because it gave them insight. No issues there??
"Well at least there will be an investigation"

What is that you say?

I thought all of your were AGAINST Congressional "investigations after the ones on Benghazi and hillary's emails!

"amazing how so many people accepted foreign powers hacking a particular candidates emails because it gave them insight."

I haven't a single person say they are FOR foreign hacking.

What I find is how many on the left "claim" Russia did this and Russia did that, when all I can find is that emails were made public and NOT SINGLE WORD FROM THE LEFT ON WHAT THE EMAILS SAY.

It is called "diversion"!

Not 1 single thing has been brought forth that Russia did ANYTHING to the voting machines or ballot counting etc.

It is ALL about the emails.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
The Washington Post is not one of the sites that posts fake news.
Nice try though.
You have been "Grubered"!

The Post is one of the WORST!

Old 12-14-2016, 07:02 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
The Washington Post is not one of the sites that posts fake news.
Nice try though.
doesn't mean it isn't FAKE NEWS....that the Washington Post is just copying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies