Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 06:48 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times

Advertisements

I guess he's made 3.2 million as President, does anyone know what his overall worth is currently? I can't imagine being a community organizer pays much, so any wealth he's accumulated was accumulated in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 06:50 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
No idea how accurate.. but a quick search reveals $7 million.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:51 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Irrelevant. It's time to hate on trumps wealth.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:54 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
President Obama's money is from T-bills and book sales:

...the vast majority of the Obamas’ fortune these days is held in plain vanilla U.S. treasurys, worth about $3.4 million.

The President's hefty book royalties from “The Audacity of Hope” and “Dreams From My Father,” a big source of his wealth, are decreasing at a faster rate than we had estimated. In 2009, Obama’s book sales peaked and he grossed nearly $5.7 million, according to his income tax statement; by 2010, gross book revenues had dropped to $1.6 million.

Forbes Welcome

Old 12-14-2016, 06:57 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

...the vast majority of the Obamas’ fortune these days is held in plain vanilla U.S. treasurys, worth about $3.4 million.

The President's hefty book royalties from “The Audacity of Hope” and “Dreams From My Father,” a big source of his wealth, are decreasing at a faster rate than we had estimated. In 2009, Obama’s book sales peaked and he grossed nearly $5.7 million, according to his income tax statement; by 2010, gross book revenues had dropped to $1.6 million.

Forbes Welcome
Wouldn't it be nice to see Trump's worth on paper?

Old 12-14-2016, 07:14 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
I hope Obama doesn't sell out his services to foreign adversaries like Hillary did.

Old 12-14-2016, 07:24 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
I guess he's made 3.2 million as President, does anyone know what his overall worth is currently? I can't imagine being a community organizer pays much, so any wealth he's accumulated was accumulated in office.
I can't help wondering if you've spent as much time wondering about Trump's worth (which he's lied about) or Romney, or Bush.

I don't know whether Obama (or Michelle, for that matter) would be allowed to accept speaking fees during his presidency, but don't forget that he has books, three, I think, which would be generating income. Also, he presumably put his assets in a blind trust (unlike Trump, who plans to profiteer), and if that was managed well, he might have made money there.

Old 12-14-2016, 07:37 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

Forbes Welcome
Congratulations re realizing that Forbes has a competent staff.

Old 12-14-2016, 07:39 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
He taught Law for 12 years at Harvard while at the same time joining a law firm. He'll clean up on the lecture circuit.
The community organizer stuff was a smoke screen, he wouldn' seems so homespun folksy if he was running as a tough Chicago Lawyer. It was great, everyone kept getting beat by this folksy "community organizer." I guess the j i g is up now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_...ard_Law_School

During the four years Obama worked as a full-time lawyer at the firm, he was involved in 30 cases and accrued 3,723 billable hours.[74] Obama was listed as counsel on four cases before the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. Two of these cases involved ACORN suing Governor Jim Edgar under the new Motor Voter Act,[75][76] one involved a voter suing Mayor Daley under the Voting Rights Act,[77] and one involved, in the only case Obama orally argued, a whistleblowing stockbroker suing his former employer.[78] All of these appeals were resolved in favor of Obama’s clients, with all the opinions authored by Obama’s University of Chicago colleague Chief Judge Richard Posner.[79]

Old 12-14-2016, 08:34 PM

9,882 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I can't help wondering if you've spent as much time wondering about Trump's worth (which he's lied about) or Romney, or Bush.

I don't know whether Obama (or Michelle, for that matter) would be allowed to accept speaking fees during his presidency, but don't forget that he has books, three, I think, which would be generating income. Also, he presumably put his assets in a blind trust (unlike Trump, who plans to profiteer), and if that was managed well, he might have made money there.
Actually Obama didn't put his assets into a blind trust. When he won the Presidential race in 2008, he sold all his investments and put everything into Vanguard Index funds for his retirement and 529 plans for the kids' college education. The Obamas have one of the most boring portfolios around.

Their net worth is somewhere between $1.5 and $7 million based on their financial disclosure forms:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whi...ama_051616.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies