Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 10:08 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The problem with your logic is the Tea party element didn't enter the picture until 2010 and was the direct result of ultra left wing policies such as the 2009 energy bill they slammed through the House with 300 page amendment added at 3AM. To paraphrase one House Democrat "I felt like I forced to walk the plank by Democrat House leaders voting for that bill."

The Republicans will not be making the same mistakes the Democrats did and will be pushing a Conservative light agenda focused on the economy that will have many elements that can be supported by moderate Democrats. When the economy starts rolling it will be game over and everything else like fixing Obamacare becomes easy.

If you think ultra left wing policies are going to save your ass like the Tea Party element did for Republicans I beg you to take that course of action.
Democrats don't have to promote policy. Just oppose Trump and Republicans. That's all Republicans did, right from the night President Obama was inaugurated. Democrats should not support anything Republicans propose, give no quarter, offer no concessions. They should not give Republicans cover on anything whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 10:09 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I would prefer the Democrats oppose Trump on the actual issues. The GOP opposed Obama simply because he was Obama. I care too much about America to advocate that level of blind obstructionism.
True, but I fear they will make GOP take their own poison. It is the obvious response after what we saw in the past 8 years. They will be accused of what GOP was accused of, but I doubt they care.

Old 12-15-2016, 10:11 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatandFlat View Post
Dems should join their local Tea Party and fight Trump on deficit raising Tax Cuts and big Government spending Policies! Afterall, thats what they were all about. Had nothing to do with Obama being Black or a Democrat.
Yeah, that's totally not true, we heard them, saw the signs, etc. but whatever. Democrats should not support the Tea Party because that was simply the GOP under a different moniker.

Old 12-15-2016, 10:15 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,736,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Yeah, that's totally not true, we heard them, saw the signs, etc. but whatever. Democrats should not support the Tea Party because that was simply the GOP under a different moniker.
No, it was its own thing. They got swallowed by the GOP later on, unfortunately. Hence Trump this time around, who is a wild card, but not an establishment Republican with a history of failure.

Old 12-15-2016, 10:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
The only reason the GOP was able to block Obama was because they won the House and then the Senate back.

The (D)'s will do neither running on the platform "Russia".

Old 12-15-2016, 10:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
A guide is being released and passed around that outlines how Democrats can continually oppose Trump over the next four years the same way Republicans opposed President Obama over eight years.

The guide argues that, like the “Tea Party patriots†who found common cause in their unified loathing of President Barack Obama, progressives who oppose Trump should stand against him before all else rather than try to articulate a policy agenda that has no hope of advancing while the GOP controls all three branches of government.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...on-indivisible

Can't argue with the logic of this. Republicans accomplished almost nothing during President Obama's terms other than attacking and for that they won it all. Crippling Trump and the GOP would be our patriotic duty.
This is just fine, but remember a couple of things: one, let's face it, the GOP didn't fight Obama as hard as he and Reid fought them. 2-as you know both houses and the executive branch right now will be controlled the Republicans. Only the libs would think a childish act like this would help the country.

Old 12-15-2016, 10:24 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,843,144 times
Is there no room for civil discourse in the interest of America? Or do the polarized ideological groups simply feel obliged to stridently oppose anything and everything the other party suggests, with no consideration of its merits or benefits. Being Americans should trump being Democrats or Republicans.

Sadly, Obama fostered this polarization when, from the very beginning, he took the position of, "You lost, I won and losing has consequences." I'm not hearing that from Trump nor have I ever heard the type of "let's stick it to the Republicans at any cost" mindset being espoused by the Democrats over this election. If this isn't a form of anarchy, what is?

Old 12-15-2016, 10:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
This is stupid and why things do NOT change. I've argued for years that you join with groups to accomplish a shared goal and then you can address your differences.

I supported BOTH the original Tea Party and OWS in their desires to stop the politicians from handing over billions to Wall Street.

If they had come together as opposed to allowing politicians (and those like yourself) to demonize one side or the other maybe we could have done it.

Old 12-15-2016, 10:25 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I would prefer the Democrats oppose Trump on the actual issues. The GOP opposed Obama simply because he was Obama. I care too much about America to advocate that level of blind obstructionism.
If you care that much about America, you will oppose Trump, the republicans and their agenda with every fiber of your being. I know I will.

Old 12-15-2016, 10:25 AM

575 posts, read 299,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The only reason the GOP was able to block Obama was because they won the House and then the Senate back.

The (D)'s will do neither running on the platform "Russia".
The Dems already have 4 GOP Senators who Hate Trump to their core. They believe he's a fraud and a Con artist who is intellectually and morally unfit to sit in "The Big Chair". That brings Trump down to 48 in the Senate. Dems can easily peel a few Deficit Hawks from the Freedom Caucus. Trump is left with his pen and a phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies