Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 10:33 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Of course if I listened to liberal media I would think the world is coming to an end...
Or Trump's RNC acceptance speech. Or any of his campaign speeches for that matter.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:40 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
I think Americans of all stripes have been or are suffering from a profound lack of optimism and are grasping at straws to make themselves feel better. I am definitely experiencing a deep sense of anxiety at the moment for reasons that go well beyond who is in the White House, but this year's circus of an election certainly hasn't helped matters.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:55 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
The lesser of two evils ...was there really a choice?
So I guess I can surmise who you voted for. Well, as long as you maintain that hope in God and not in who you voted for.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:01 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
to be fair. if you are PROG-LEFT, your America has lost hope. Consider what these people lost.

Had Hillary won, they would have gained control of the Supreme Court. It is the one thing they have been working hard on for a long time. gaining control of the court would have insured the progressive agenda via FIAT. they would have been able to legislate anything and everything they have not gotten done in congress.

Guns? no need for laws, the court would simply rule as Kenndy suggested in the Heller descent, that "militia" is operative and therefore no individual has a constitutional right to own a gun. period. Welcome to Austrailia.

On Freedom of speech, just look at what progressives have done on college campuses. "Offensive" language would not be protected. "Offensive" is anything that is not Progressive. Preachers "offending" people from the pulpit could be met with government force. Politicians wouldn't be allowed to talk negatively about any of a number of pet issues for the Progressives.

this is the short list, but seriously people there is a reason the left is apoplectic.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:06 AM

23,977 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Hence my comment prove me wrong Trump. First off I'm a woman. Second what I've seen does not inspire confidence in the Donald running anything but his mouth and his businesses. I'm not some knuckle dragging neanderthal willing to look the other way as Trump makes business deal after business deal and flagrantly displaying conflict of interests out in the open for all to see. Well except the ones that just don't get it. Yes there are those that blindly accept his rhetoric as gospel. My eyes are wide open.

Let me make a prediction. Trumps new secretary of state Tillerson and his good buddy Putin will soon have the sanctions that were put in place by Obama for Russia's invasion of Crimea lifted. That $500 billion dollar deal that he and Putin put together that won him the friend of Russia medal and Putin's favor as bestie would make anyone try and sway an election for a deal like that. Now Tillerson is our new secretary of state. Suspicious much? Who could blame him. Honestly who wouldn't do the same thing if you were in those ultra rich shoes? I can hear the drills going in the Antarctic from here. Trump makes Russia great again maybe.

Now Mr. Grumpy man it's time for you to put your money where your mouth is. You have not given me one reason to think that Trump will make America great again. I've given you many facts that has me totally unconvinced that he is fit to be our President. Look the other way as many of his sheeple are doing for the Donald has spoken. Bow down now, kiss his feet, and thank him for being your manna from heaven. I said it before and I'll say it again. What I've seen has not inspired hope in me that he will be the president and change we all had hoped for, and I'll say it again. PROVE ME WRONG TRUMP. I'M BEGGING YOU. Insult me if you must, I expect that from a certain demographic, but I'm from Missouri.
I haven't spent a dime at Exxon since the Valdez wend aground. Sure wish I'd bought some shares a couple of months ago. Those sanctions will come down inauguration day, and the drilling will start in the spring.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:13 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Hence my comment prove me wrong Trump. First off I'm a woman. Second what I've seen does not inspire confidence in the Donald running anything but his mouth and his businesses. I'm not some knuckle dragging neanderthal.
Please forgive me, I could be wrong in my assessment of you, however when I got to this last point... knuckle dragging Neanderthal.... my historical understanding of the progressive left is, that's that they think of everyone that doesn't do what they demand.

so when I got to this point, I slotted you. I determined you were just another hard left progressive.
terms like "hysterical" "political bigot" "sad angry bitter loser"

Now you may very well not be a progressive, so if that is the case, then I apologize. However you need to understand that when the left uses the language you used ie. "knuckle dragging Neanderthal" those of us not on the left, just smile and wish those people misery.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:13 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
People are responding to Mooch saying that Americans have Lost Hope.

This lady tells Mooch "America Rejected You"
But I get it, for you hope is gone. You and your family and friends won’t be able to fly to another 46 countries, with security and hair and make-up in tow. Michelle, you may not realize it, but Americans’ rejected you and everything you stand for. Hope is when people — 30,000 at a time — stand in line in the cold with their children hoping to get a glimpse of a man they think can change the course of their lives from the downward spiral that you and ‘Mister Hope and Change’ have put them on.”

Ouch

‘America rejected you’: Judge Jeanine goes ballistic at Michelle Obama for saying people lost hope
oooooww... so, we are supposed to assume from this woman's ranting that Michelle Obama actually said "Americans have Lost Hope"? She didn't and nothing you or she can post makes it so. Saying it is deliberating misleading. But, you know that already.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:26 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
More about Mooch and her declaration that Americans have lost "hope".

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Old 12-19-2016, 12:57 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,198,794 times
The OP has used the term "Mooch" repeatedly instead of First Lady or her real name. Then denigrates her for hate. Lol. Pot meet kettle. The future First Lady Melania Trump borrowed part of a previous Michelle Obama speech to deliver her RNC speech. Melania also gave a speech about her concern for online conduct, insults, and bullying. Not a single sentence about the need for Donald Trump to raise his game and get his Twitter rants under control. Lol. Just we ordinary people need to do that, right? Anyways, she may grow and improve in that role in the next four years, but it is obvious that she has a long way to go to rate with the current First Lady.

Old 12-19-2016, 01:35 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,198,794 times
Fwiw, Judge Jeanine should realize that the so called rejection was by the electoral vote (fair and square...that is our system). However, they were not rejected by the popular vote of the people.

Meanwhile, supporters of Trump are being sore winners IMO when they do vitriolic threads/posts against the Obama's over an answer to an interview question. Basically over nothing. Keep in mind the Obama's are leaving the White House in about a month. Being this is the end of the second term, I think she has earned the right to speak her mind. Yes, people have the right to post these threads.

However, when comparing the First Lady's remarks to those of Donald Trump during his campaign, there truly is no comparison as to which are worse. Not even close.

Last edited by chessgeek; 12-19-2016 at 02:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies