Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 11:41 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,536,543 times

Advertisements

Liberals. So "tolerant" ..

___

“If you post anything even remotely critical of Clinton’s campaign, or of this new movement to dump the Electoral College, or point out even one single thing Trump’s done that you like, you get accused in the comment section of aiding and abetting the next Hitler, and before you know it, you’re down a Facebook friend or two,” Davis said.

This, when he openly supported Gary Johnson. “I post about politics all the time, but I’ve never experienced the rate of attrition I have as a result of Trump posts this year,” he added.

Bruce Carroll, a gay conservative activist, says he watched “a gay friend on Facebook systematically unfriend people who weren’t vocally anti-Trump.” It didn’t matter if you voted for the guy or not; now is the time to virtue signal from the rooftops, and if you’re not doing it, you’re out...

"I was vocally anti-Trump from the moment he descended the escalator, and I wrote against his candidacy frequently. But even for me, the current anti-Trump fever pitch is unsustainable, and it’s time to dial it back.

If you’ve reached the point where you’re cutting off friends who are merely taking a wait-and-see attitude about our next president, even when they didn’t themselves support him, or cutting off your hair to make a point, you’re taking your anguish over the election too far."

Now you can get unfriended for not hating Trump enough | New York Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 12:27 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,812,099 times
LOL, in other words you have to be an anti-Trump activist not to lose friends. Wow, people are way out of hand.

Old 12-17-2016, 12:48 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,297,111 times
You folks take Facebook way too damn seriously. Geez..."unfriend?" SMH...you sound like prepubescent teen girls with that stuff. So What if someone unfriends you. Big deal.

The relationships you should value are the interPERSONAL relationships with people that you actually see and hang out with. You shouldn't value Facebook relationships enough to care about being "unfriended."

People get too heavy on Facebook anyway. Going on there to discuss politics is just asking for trouble. For me, I just go on there for a few funny memes, to leave someone a message or invitation, or catch up with someone I haven't seen in a while. That's as serious as anyone should take Facebook.

I'm always amazed at the butthurtery going down based on what someone says on social media. It ain't that serious...let it go.

Old 12-17-2016, 01:15 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,044,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You folks take Facebook way too damn seriously. Geez..."unfriend?" SMH...you sound like prepubescent teen girls with that stuff. So What if someone unfriends you. Big deal.

The relationships you should value are the interPERSONAL relationships with people that you actually see and hang out with. You shouldn't value Facebook relationships enough to care about being "unfriended."

People get too heavy on Facebook anyway. Going on there to discuss politics is just asking for trouble. For me, I just go on there for a few funny memes, to leave someone a message or invitation, or catch up with someone I haven't seen in a while. That's as serious as anyone should take Facebook.

I'm always amazed at the butthurtery going down based on what someone says on social media. It ain't that serious...let it go.
'
But, but, but those mean ol' poopyheaded liberals unfriended me!! They're SO mean, and us righties are NEVER hurtful!

I need my binky and safe space!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Old 12-17-2016, 02:26 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,994,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
'
But, but, but those mean ol' poopyheaded liberals unfriended me!! They're SO mean, and us righties are NEVER hurtful!

I need my binky and safe space!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!
It's stupid not mean.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:22 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,715,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
It's stupid not mean.
Yeah, it is soooooo stoopid to not want to have 'friends' that you don't agree with. duhhhhh

Old 12-17-2016, 03:49 AM

27,221 posts, read 46,854,214 times
To me it is so sad that when you post something on facebook that is none political and people you know write an anti Trump comment on it to make it political.

I have made so called friends "restricted " to what they can see from me as to me facebook is a none serious social media outlet where a person is entitled to post what they like as long as it is not offensive or against the law or in siting hate.

I did receive messenger posts with very anti Trump message from people I never spoke with about politics and who called him a Nazi and I friendly requested to be taken off their list and responded with my opinion about the non sense and offense message they sent me.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:50 AM

39,341 posts, read 27,740,774 times
well, the next four years will be very difficult for these folks.

Kind of sad

Old 12-17-2016, 07:06 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,907,534 times
Unfriended from Facebook? Wow that would really bother me. As in not at all. I unfriend people at the drop of a hat. Why? because they aren't really friends. They are acquaintances.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:16 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,765,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Liberals. So "tolerant" ..

___

“If you post anything even remotely critical of Clinton’s campaign, or of this new movement to dump the Electoral College, or point out even one single thing Trump’s done that you like, you get accused in the comment section of aiding and abetting the next Hitler, and before you know it, you’re down a Facebook friend or two,” Davis said.

This, when he openly supported Gary Johnson. “I post about politics all the time, but I’ve never experienced the rate of attrition I have as a result of Trump posts this year,” he added.

Bruce Carroll, a gay conservative activist, says he watched “a gay friend on Facebook systematically unfriend people who weren’t vocally anti-Trump.” It didn’t matter if you voted for the guy or not; now is the time to virtue signal from the rooftops, and if you’re not doing it, you’re out...

"I was vocally anti-Trump from the moment he descended the escalator, and I wrote against his candidacy frequently. But even for me, the current anti-Trump fever pitch is unsustainable, and it’s time to dial it back.

If you’ve reached the point where you’re cutting off friends who are merely taking a wait-and-see attitude about our next president, even when they didn’t themselves support him, or cutting off your hair to make a point, you’re taking your anguish over the election too far."

Now you can get unfriended for not hating Trump enough | New York Post

Sounds pretty shallow... Par for the coarse. Afterall, it has been documented as a mental illness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies