Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 01:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,911,312 times

Advertisements

My brother actually deactivated facebook after getting threats for supporting Hillary as the lesser evil. It works both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 02:33 PM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You folks take Facebook way too damn seriously. Geez..."unfriend?" SMH...you sound like prepubescent teen girls with that stuff. So What if someone unfriends you. Big deal.

The relationships you should value are the interPERSONAL relationships with people that you actually see and hang out with. You shouldn't value Facebook relationships enough to care about being "unfriended."

People get too heavy on Facebook anyway. Going on there to discuss politics is just asking for trouble. For me, I just go on there for a few funny memes, to leave someone a message or invitation, or catch up with someone I haven't seen in a while. That's as serious as anyone should take Facebook.

I'm always amazed at the butthurtery going down based on what someone says on social media. It ain't that serious...let it go.
The best reason for facebook is so normal people can make fun of facebook users.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:37 PM

638 posts, read 310,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
My brother actually deactivated facebook after getting threats for supporting Hillary as the lesser evil. It works both ways.
If his friends are conservatives, then he probably to some degree deserved it. Why would any sane person make such a statement in front of conservatives?

That's like wearing a Klan outfit to a BLM protest. Not a wise choice.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddeningRadio View Post
If his friends are conservatives, then he probably to some degree deserved it. Why would any sane person make such a statement in front of conservatives?

That's like wearing a Klan outfit to a BLM protest. Not a wise choice.
In a better world we could agree to disagree. I find Trump only slightly less evil than Hillary.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:55 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,893,118 times
I'm still confused as to why anyone would care if someone unfriended them on face book.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:59 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,229,657 times
I was unfriended because I don't like Trump. What's the big deal? I didn't run to the forum to cry and whine about it, I moved on and had one less mouth to feed at my monthly cookouts.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:03 PM

638 posts, read 310,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
In a better world we could agree to disagree. I find Trump only slightly less evil than Hillary.
In a better world people would have enough common sense not to say things out loud in arenas where it's obviously not welcomed. People are entitled to their opinions. They're not entitled to others accepting it.

How does that liberal saying go that I've heard so much in recent years? Oh wait, I know.

"Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences."

Old 12-17-2016, 03:06 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,760,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
'
But, but, but those mean ol' poopyheaded liberals unfriended me!! They're SO mean, and us righties are NEVER hurtful!

I need my binky and safe space!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!
No matter how hard you try you will never succeed in making "safe spaces and binkies" a republican or conservative thing. You lefties own that, hard. Your side literally(and I am using that word correctly) needed coloring books and crayons and therapy dogs and diaper pins to get over Hillary losing the election. This is not hyperbole, this is what actually happened.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddeningRadio View Post
In a better world people would have enough common sense not to say things out loud in arenas where it's obviously not welcomed. People are entitled to their opinions. They're not entitled to others accepting it.

How does that liberal saying go that I've heard so much in recent years? Oh wait, I know.

"Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences."
No one ever said it did.

People that threaten violence over words are idiots regardless of what side of the political divide they are on.

Your right to free speech ends if you make a credible threat of violence.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:10 PM

1,180 posts, read 779,781 times
They all blocked me the day Donald John Trump was elected President.

At first I was sad.... Then I realized they did me a favor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies