Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 05:22 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times

Advertisements

I said "good game" when the Cavs beat my Warriors this summer. Once per year is enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 08:38 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That's cool. I actually have seen people say good game, even on these boards. It's just harder and harder to do with some of the gloating on one side, and disappointment (extreme understatement) on the other.
I think a lot of the gloating, including a lot of the gloating by Trump himself, has a lot to do with people not 'letting go' and saying 'congrats' and meaning it. If the 'left' came on these boards and said 'good game' and congrats, i'm pretty sure the 'rubbing salt' would have died down substantially, but if the left wants to keep bashing and carrying on, there's no shortage of Trump supporters willing to accomodate their wishes and keep reminding them of the win.

Old 12-17-2016, 08:39 PM

Thanks guys for the responses, i didn't realize anyone came out and said 'good game' glad to hear that SOME have tried to move forward, its refreshing no doubt.

Old 12-17-2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Why would someone say that about someone as childish and vulgar as Donald J. Trump and his supporters?
Because if you're the grown up, you'll do it even though you think the other side is childish?

Old 12-17-2016, 08:44 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
I think a lot of the gloating, including a lot of the gloating by Trump himself, has a lot to do with people not 'letting go' and saying 'congrats' and meaning it. If the 'left' came on these boards and said 'good game' and congrats, i'm pretty sure the 'rubbing salt' would have died down substantially, but if the left wants to keep bashing and carrying on, there's no shortage of Trump supporters willing to accomodate their wishes and keep reminding them of the win.

By not accepting the results, as past losing candidates have done, HRC encouraged the childish behavior of her snowflakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies