Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 06:09 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times

Advertisements

I've said before that I get along well with bleeding heart liberals, I just don't agree that their policies work very well. But there are Democrat/Liberals that are anti white racists and want to destroy America and Americans, I have no desire to get along with these people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 06:10 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Not as long as their is liberal media fueling the hate and fanning the flames of division. They are spreading lies and hate every day. Some of it is so over the top I have to turn it off but I want to know how sick they really are.. I hear on this forum statements that are so preposterous and then hear it on liberal media news. I know where they get their hateful thoughts and crazy information from. Word for word they make weird statements from the liberal garbage of hate.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:11 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
I think internet brings out the worst in some people.

I can't believe how nasty people can be on a forum like this. In real life, I get along with almost everybody. I have a lot of bleeding heart liberal friends and conservative friends.

I have tremendous respect towards people who disagree with me here; but some posters here ... well, no comment.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:13 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAcapulco View Post
I would just like to say something. I may be fervently Republican, as I have seen the ugly side of Democratic policies in real life. Not to mention how obscenely expensive it is. BUT. Even though some may fancy me a troll... (I hate trolls..) I wonder if there is some kind of desire to be nice to each other?

Because.. In our hyper-adversarial system, I think it has become more important to WIN than to.. be Civil.

Electors declare Trump President Monday after the bunk falls on deaf ears, even if maybe "Five" decide to buck the system. I personally believe that, even though inexperienced politically and maybe a little bullish and loudmouthed, apparently still... He is EXACTLY what we need. The election was November 8th, over on the 9th and the Electoral Vote has went with Trump in an amazing victory. I call sour grapes.

So. What's up. Can we hate each other nicely? Because, for some, this does go to our core about who we are as people.. winners, or poser losers. I am a winner, and winners win. Losers lose. Democrats lost... I am confused.
Honestly, I don't see the antagonism in real life between those folks I know to be Republicans and those I know to be Democrats that we see expressed in the news media and on the internet. Most of the time we probably don't even discuss politics among our neighbors and more casual acquaintances, or even some closer friends so we may not even know what their political beliefs are. Or we may have significantly different political perspectives and know it so we just agree to disagree on those issues, and concentrate on the other things we do have in common. I know I have a couple of close friends, and family members who are about as far away from me as can be in our political perspectives, but we figure they have the right to see things as they choose, as do I.

One of my friends is a long time Hillary supporter, and she told me how depressed she was over the results of the election. I've never liked or respected Hillary, and we've had discussions over that in the past. So we didn't discuss the election, (we know we disagree over most political issues so we just don't discuss politics much), but I tried to comfort her anyway, telling her things would be ok (I knew she was referring to some personal matters too), and sent her a card of encouragemenf and support.

IMO a number of people tend to express a lot more antagonism towards those of differing political opinions (or perhaps it's antagonism directed at what they say, not the poster him/herself) on the internet than they do in real life.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:17 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,788,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Not as long as their is liberal media fueling the hate and fanning the flames of division. They are spreading lies and hate every day. Some of it is so over the top I have to turn it off but I want to know how sick they really are.. I hear on this forum statements that are so preposterous and then hear it on liberal media news. I know where they get their hateful thoughts and crazy information from. Word for word they make weird statements from the liberal garbage of hate.
It's not just the liberal media. It's both the liberal and conservative media fanning the flames of division, and spreading lies and hate every day. Both sides do it.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:17 PM

638 posts, read 310,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Liberals despise conservatives as well. It's all a vicious cycle. The only way to stop this is to meet in the middle, and that goes for liberals and conservatives.
I hope you're as vocal about that when the next liberal is elected president. Because I've recently done the time, and have no interest at this point.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:26 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,788,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddeningRadio View Post
I hope you're as vocal about that when the next liberal is elected president. Because I've recently done the time, and have no interest at this point.
Well it's going to be a long 4 years or more before we find out.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:38 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
I'm liberal and even I have to admit that in many cases liberals have been very insulting to conservatives, even I've done so. For things to get better this "My side is all right and the other side is all wrong." needs to stop.
I'm conservative (but socially very liberal) and I feel the same way. I have posted some nasty and mean things that I regret and have gotten my comeuppance for it.
It's time, for me anyway, to back off and let go the toxic thoughts.
I'm sorry some people are so angry but I'm not going to bait them on this forum anymore. Or anywhere else for that matter.
Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah and Festivus and Peace On Earth.
Enraeh out.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:42 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
We hate each other.

There is a "Cold Civil War" going on.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies