Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 08:16 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,092,438 times

Advertisements

Many democrats are confused about alleged hacking by foreign governments. We know that the DNC server had emails that were stolen because Podesta " accepted" a hacker's request to " allow access" into the email server. Obviously by error, this resulted in hundreds or even thousands of emails that were routed through the DNC server and were hacked. These emails showed more transparency into Hillary's staff and Hillary than thousands of fake press stories made up to depict Hillary as a saint and seasoned political expert.

What was NOT hacked was any ballot boxes, election results, election servers, or any loss of election integrity. During the Wisconsin and Michigan recounts, WEEKS were spent on recounting ballots and reconfirming the accuracy of all the votes that were cast on election day.

What the mass media should be saying is that alleged DNC hacked emails helped sway the election and because of the hacked emails, the public's perception of Hillary spiraled down and viewers turned against Hillary. Therefore the email hack affected the election because the hacked emails exposed Hillary. This might be considered wrong but swaying public opinion against a candidate is common. Harry Reid lied ( and later admitted he lied) about Romney not paying his taxes while republicans slammed John Kerry for throwing away his war medals and lying to Congress.

Being honest about what the email hack is the first step for democrats. Maybe they'll get to understand the facts soon, maybe they never will....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 08:18 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,711,006 times
The "media' is being very vague about this, they're trying to convince gullible people that the ELECTION was somehow 'hacked' and the votes were changed and Hillary really 'won'. Notice how they aren't explaining this in detail. They're also now showing any 'evidence' that Russia was at fault for anything.

Old 12-17-2016, 08:32 PM

Default But Obama said he would be more flexible with the Russians after the election

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
The "media' is being very vague about this, they're trying to convince gullible people that the ELECTION was somehow 'hacked' and the votes were changed and Hillary really 'won'. Notice how they aren't explaining this in detail. They're also now showing any 'evidence' that Russia was at fault for anything.
This interaction with Russia was not covered when an open microphone picked up Obama saying that he would be more flexible with the Russians after the (2012) election. The Russian ambassador then states on the video saying he " trusts Obama" and they shake hands on the deal. My how democrats have such a short memory.

https://youtu.be/XsFR8DbSRQE

Old 12-17-2016, 08:53 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Many democrats are confused about alleged hacking by foreign governments. We know that the DNC server had emails that were stolen because Podesta " accepted" a hacker's request to " allow access" into the email server. Obviously by error, this resulted in hundreds or even thousands of emails that were routed through the DNC server and were hacked. These emails showed more transparency into Hillary's staff and Hillary than thousands of fake press stories made up to depict Hillary as a saint and seasoned political expert.

What was NOT hacked was any ballot boxes, election results, election servers, or any loss of election integrity. During the Wisconsin and Michigan recounts, WEEKS were spent on recounting ballots and reconfirming the accuracy of all the votes that were cast on election day.

What the mass media should be saying is that alleged DNC hacked emails helped sway the election and because of the hacked emails, the public's perception of Hillary spiraled down and viewers turned against Hillary. Therefore the email hack affected the election because the hacked emails exposed Hillary. This might be considered wrong but swaying public opinion against a candidate is common. Harry Reid lied ( and later admitted he lied) about Romney not paying his taxes while republicans slammed John Kerry for throwing away his war medals and lying to Congress.

Being honest about what the email hack is the first step for democrats. Maybe they'll get to understand the facts soon, maybe they never will....
Funny. I was saying pretty much the same exact thing in another thread at the same time you were typing this.

The hacking and the actual vote count are two completely separate and independent issues. I don't know how some people can allow certain other people to influence them right into a state of confusion.

Old 12-17-2016, 08:55 PM

649 posts, read 316,626 times
Quote:

They don't want to be realistic or find out actual facts . They're still whining about the popular vote which anyone with the brain the size of a mustard seed knows is totally not relevant to anything concerning election results .

Old 12-17-2016, 09:01 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,338,915 times
Quote:
What the mass media should be saying is that alleged DNC hacked emails helped sway the election and because of the hacked emails, the public's perception of Hillary spiraled down and viewers turned against Hillary. Therefore the email hack affected the election because the hacked emails exposed Hillary.
That might be open for debate, some could argue even without Wikileaks, Hillary would have still lost the election, exactly the same way she did. We will probably never know. I know 10-12 people who voted for Trump and none of them (unless they are lying to me) told me they were influenced by what Wikileaks reported, they had lots of other reasons to not vote for her.

I don't follow the MSM too closely, so I might be mistaken, so I apologize, but I thought most of the MSM kept downplaying what was revealed by Wikileaks week after week, almost trying to keep it out of the news, and mainly focusing on Trump and what he was saying/doing both presently and years ago. So if the MSM was trying to keep it mostly out of the news, on the down-low (I realize there are endless places to get your news), could it have really influenced that many people?

Old 12-17-2016, 09:10 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,100,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
That might be open for debate, some could argue even without Wikileaks, Hillary would have still lost the election, exactly the same way she did. We will probably never know. I know 10-12 people who voted for Trump and none of them (unless they are lying to me) told me they were influenced by what Wikileaks reported, they had lots of other reasons to not vote for her.

I don't follow the MSM too closely, so I might be mistaken, so I apologize, but I thought most of the MSM kept downplaying what was revealed by Wikileaks week after week, almost trying to keep it out of the news, and mainly focusing on Trump and what he was saying/doing both presently and years ago. So if the MSM was trying to keep it mostly out of the news, on the down-low (I realize there are endless places to get your news), could it have really influenced that many people?
Yes, the msm hardly even covered Wikileaks, and all the dems on here insisted that the information being leaked was completely irrelevant. Now these completely irrelevant wikileaks email means the electors shouldn't vote for Trump, and we have to have a new election.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post

See you point but even if none of the Main Street Media carried any stories about the Wikileaks details on Hillary, the media would still complain because the news story was "out there" in cyberspace being pushed by well listened "talk radio".

Overall the main street media would and is complaining about whatever reasons they can create on why their rratins can continue drop and why Hillary lost the election.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:14 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
I agree. The media and Obama are using specific language to make it sound like the election was hijacked, simply because hackers exposed the truth.

The gall of them to do this when Hillary and the DNC did what they did to Bernie Sanders, sent people to disrupt the rallies of Sanders and Trump, and every other dirty thing they pulled.

Instead of regurgitating this b.s., they should face reality about the loss, and then clean up their act so they win back people who are thoroughly disgusted with the party.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:

With a password like "admin" there is no way anyone hacked into the DNC and Podesta's e-mails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies