Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 10:41 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Aren't these school districts also part of the state of TX which on the whole does not adequately fund social services for its residents? It would seem to be a matter of preference. The people in these wealthy districts prefer a football palace over helping out their fellow state residents in other parts of TX.
We have plenty of money going to social services; however, that money is being sucked up by illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 10:43 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,529,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Classic Texas. What's 60k special needs children when you can do shady oil deals with the Saudis and Russians?

Texas Begins $350M in Medicaid Cuts; Disabled Children Affected | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Texas might be "pro birth" but it's pretty obvious they sure do hate life a lot.
The conservatards running Texas want nothing more than to abolish public education altogether.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:04 AM

57,253 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
This is correct. I've written before that Texas has A law that every program & agency is reviewed every 10 years for effiency effectiveness. They discovered that the rates on this Therapy program with Medicaid are 3 Times the rates on similar/same programs in other States. There was a reduction in the rate.
The article indicates they are cutting $350 Million from the program, that is a quite a rate reduction.

Last edited by Goodnight; 12-18-2016 at 11:54 AM..

Old 12-18-2016, 11:15 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,513,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Ah, but they are. As a person who both lives in Texas and works with Medicaid patients in my job every day, I will tell you what will happen to these disabled children. They are indeed backhandedly cutting off care to these special needs kids. Why? Because Medicaid pays providers very little as it is. Because of that, there are few providers willing to treat Medicaid patients due to the low rates of reimbursement so the providers who will are overloaded with patients. So since TX is once again lowering reimbursement rates, more providers will simply refuse to accept Medicaid, and for good reason. In my suburb of Houston, there are two providers who offer eye care to Medicare recipients for our entire city. About 70% of our practice consists of Medicaid patients because they can't get eye exams and glasses anywhere else. Once again, poor people in TX are punished for not having money. And to add insult to injury, these are disabled kids who won't get the care they need. Way to go GOP
Thank you for the insightful comment.

The system is definitely stacked against those who can not afford better.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Aren't these school districts also part of the state of TX which on the whole does not adequately fund social services for its residents? It would seem to be a matter of preference. The people in these wealthy districts prefer a football palace over helping out their fellow state residents in other parts of TX.

Most of the funds are from the booster and the very very rich parents Only the Plano School district being better off than those 3. There is a way around the robinhood plan.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:20 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The conservatards running Texas want nothing more than to abolish public education altogether.
Hmmm, we have been run by conservatives for almost 20 years, yet not one single attempt.

You must have hit your head while snowsking in San Antonio to come up with this nonsense. Running at wide open crazy won't attract your side more voters.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:33 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Thank you for the insightful comment.

The system is definitely stacked against those who can not afford better.
It's easy. If you accept government reimbursement for anything, you accept a certain number of Medicaid patients. It's going to pay better than those unable to meet their deductibles.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:43 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,244 times
tax money shouldn't be used for BS like stadiums, however wealth transfer like Medicaid should not exist either.

So...TX is halfway to being right.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:51 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR1 View Post
tax money shouldn't be used for BS like stadiums, however wealth transfer like Medicaid should not exist either.

So...TX is halfway to being right.
'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

The very least a country can do for each other is to care for the sick.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:57 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,799,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

The very least a country can do for each other is to care for the sick.
But not the illegals. We have a legal immigration process. Abide by that, and Americans will support them. Invade the US illegally, and they deserve nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies