Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 05:17 AM

1,194 posts, read 726,143 times

Advertisements

1. Fine employers that hire illegals

2. Massive round up and deportation

3. Gradual round up and deportation

4. All Federal funding cut off to sanctuary cities

5. Build A wall

6. Other
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 06:02 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,281 times
My answer to all domestic problems is the same.

Right wing death squads.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:15 AM

62,932 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post

5. Build A wall

6. Other

1,3, 4, 5 and 6. 6 being mandating e-verify, ending benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids and bringing back the workplace raids.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:32 AM

24,482 posts, read 17,220,223 times
I think a good start would be to do away with the sanctuary city nonsense.
When a person commits a crime they answer for that crime and if they are also here illegally they get sent packing.
The wall/fence/mine field/ electronic fence needs to be setup and be well guarded to prevent anymore illegals from crossing and to certainly stop those from returning.

Trump could turn this mess into a reality show where the American public can see just how bad some of these illegals are and what crimes they have been getting away with all these years.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:35 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post

5. Build A wall

6. Other
The two bolded alone would eliminate a lot of the problem. Additionally, no taxpayer funded public services other than emergency/contagious disease medical treatment.

One thing that I wish we would do is make "born of the soil" citizenship a "right" for children of non-citizens (legal or illegal) once requested as an adult instead of at birth. In other words, if you are born on US soil to non-American citizens you may declare American citizenship at 18 and be automatically granted it, but not until you are an adult and can make that choice yourself. Your non-citizen parents can not do it for you. This will address the issue of separating families and do much to end citizenship birth tourism.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:37 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times
Abolish the birthright 14th Amendment. A big excuse for these anchor baby illegals is how its so humane to deport and split families... So get rid of that.. Then the entire family can be deported without splitting the family up. one of the Parents must be a citizen . Pass a low to give state officials a database that they need to run everyone through to confirm immigration status. Then grant state officials the power to apprehend every single individual that is illegal .

Old 12-15-2016, 08:39 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,514,664 times
OPs reasons are complete hogwash.

The answer is a temporary visa working program. This was always the answer. People who think that Mexicans are ruining the country because they are "stealing jobs" are lunatics.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:39 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Abolish the birthright 14th Amendment. A big excuse for these anchor baby illegals is how its so humane to deport and split families... So get rid of that.. Then the entire family can be deported without splitting the family up. one of the Parents must be a citizen . Pass a low to give state officials a database that they need to run everyone through to confirm immigration status. Then grant state officials the power to apprehend every single individual that is illegal .
The whole ripping apart families meme is a joke. Most don't all come here together to begin with.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:42 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Trump isn't going to do anything about immigration, since immigration provides cheap labor for business interests.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:43 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,960,223 times
I'm okay with immigration reform, but anyone who supports elimination birth-right citizenship is unreasonable. I can't imagine the benefit of deporting someone who was born and raised here. It smacks of pettiness and racism. I'm married to a legal immigrant, who became a nationalized citizen long before we met. Her sister came to this country, legally, on a student visa and had a child. That boy is every bit as American as you or me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies