Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 06:25 AM

46,325 posts, read 27,152,415 times

Advertisements

Seems someone likes to post a lot and answer/respond to their own posts....

Old 12-21-2016, 06:26 AM

46,325 posts, read 27,152,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Whats this have to do with the OP?

Old 12-21-2016, 06:30 AM

102 posts, read 56,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You still haven't told me what that has to do with liking or not liking Flynn.

That's the subject here, not all your knowledge about "process."
Sir, i think my posts respond to this query.

In summation:

"out of his league" , "a tactical guy not a strategic guy", "bad judgement", "a poor manager", a "purveyor of untruths.", "a loon."

he is an engaging man, but he should top out as a theatre military intelligence commander....

the deputy at the NSC is even more important than Flynn...and thats what I am terrified of...KT does not have the chops to handle the job...she is a press officer..not a policy manager...

do you understand why process is important?

the folks at the top are dependent upon getting accurate unlensed info from the field...if flynn tells trump that libya is sponosring terrorism when in fact its just some idiot who lives in tripoli and we bomb libya and they retliate by attacking some poor old people on a cruise ship with a suicide bomb...its a problem

Old 12-21-2016, 06:31 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
This thread reminds me of the nerdy kid who transfers to your middle school and tries to throw his weight around.
More like a new, tough coach taking over a losing football team. The non-performers are the first to go-the brighter ones take themselves out of the game.

After US intelligence agencies have been browbeaten into lying about our "success" over the ISIS "JV team" to not make Obama look completely incompetent, a leader in charge will be a nice change for everyone involved.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:03 AM

57,363 posts, read 26,276,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
More like a new, tough coach taking over a losing football team. The non-performers are the first to go-the brighter ones take themselves out of the game.

After US intelligence agencies have been browbeaten into lying about our "success" over the ISIS "JV team" to not make Obama look completely incompetent, a leader in charge will be a nice change for everyone involved.
I would say it's more like when an NFL team fires a coach and promotes a very good defensive coordinator to his position, just because you excelled at as a defensive coach doesn't mean you were cut out to be head coach.

Same with Flynn, from the comments I have seen from Petraeus and others praising Flynn was a security analyst but that doesn't mean he belongs in charged of anything. You cannot dismiss his crazy comments and history, he also seems to have a vendetta against the CIA, he should not be in charge of the NSA and KT McFarland doesn't belong their either.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:18 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,445,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infostream View Post
Sir, i think my posts respond to this query.

In summation:

"out of his league" , "a tactical guy not a strategic guy", "bad judgement", "a poor manager", a "purveyor of untruths.", "a loon."

he is an engaging man, but he should top out as a theatre military intelligence commander....

the deputy at the NSC is even more important than Flynn...and thats what I am terrified of...KT does not have the chops to handle the job...she is a press officer..not a policy manager...

do you understand why process is important?

the folks at the top are dependent upon getting accurate unlensed info from the field...if flynn tells trump that libya is sponosring terrorism when in fact its just some idiot who lives in tripoli and we bomb libya and they retliate by attacking some poor old people on a cruise ship with a suicide bomb...its a problem
Your criticisms of Flynn would be more credible if the world weren't such a mess right now. Why is it a mess? It's either because our intelligence sucks, our leadership sucks, or both suck.

Time to shake things up.

The fact that the lower level people who are comfortable with Obama are upset about Flynn tells me that we can do without those lower level people.

If they don't like Flynn, they can quit.

Oh wait. They're not going to do that. Never mind.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

Sorry. I wasn't referring to Flynn, but to his critic here, when I made my "middle school" comment.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:23 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,487,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Whats this have to do with the OP?
demonstrates early national security gaffe - and portends things to come - amateurs at work.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:30 AM

Trump is going to clean out the garbage in the justice department, state department, treasury department, CIA, pentagon, etc.

They are filled with career civil servants who are liberal democrooks and left-leaning lunatics.

Most of them can't be fired, but they can be sidelined while competent people take over their jobs.

All of these agencies are bloated with fat and could be run with 1/10th the number of people in them.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:38 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,759,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
That's precisely why he was elected. Look at how well the people who do "understand" have done.

I think we're dealing with a guy who was sent here to push a narrative. Check out his join date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies