Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 07:35 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James1202 View Post
What regulations do you think should be eliminated? The most costly ones concern the disposal of hazardous waste. The most prevalent ones concern worker safety. Which did you have in mind?
well, Which did I have in mind? I don't think I can finish my answer in just one or two paragraphs.

Simply put, The tax code has had 15,000 new rules since the last tax reform in 1986 and is complicated and outdated for the current economy.

I will give you an example, the U.S. statutory tax rate on corporate profits is the highest in the world. This needs to be changed.

I also believe we need to simplify and clean a tax code that is too complicated and full of clutter and special favors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 07:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Of course she (the oriental woman) would say the very same thing. LOL

Even though she just runs a food truck, I bet her tax is equally complicated as the big corporations. lol

Oh, good luck to your son.
I am a small business owner. I use Turbo Tax to calculate my taxes. Nothing complicated about it.

Like the overwhelming majority of small business owners, I do not have a payroll. What needs I have I outsource to independent contractors.

If I had a payroll, I would use any one of a number of proven phone apps for payroll processing as I do for temporary seasonal workers ( lifeguards) at my HOA. I also use E- Verify. Takes less than a minute to execute.

The majority of small businesses fail. This is nothing new or related to who sits the oval. Success/ failure has more to do with the competence and decision making of the business owners than anything else.

Some who fail learn from their mistakes and start over. Others often seem to prefer to blame government.

Small businesses are the primary employers of undocumented workers.
The US Chamber of Commerce is a powerful lobby on behalf of small business owners. They have lobbied against mandatory E- Verify for almost 20 years.

No wall is high enough or patrols deep enough to put a dent in illegal immigration so long as employers continue to hire undocumented workers.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:42 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
So when are Trump and Ivanka moving their manufacturing to the US?

I am so tired of the hypocrisy and scamming that this guy has perpetrated on the country and that there are people gullible enough to think he is ‘saving’ the industry he helped ruin.

Trump built his wealth (and we have no idea what that is due to his penchant for lying) with Chinese steel and products manufactured all over Asia and Mexico. Now he’s going to be the big hero? He ought to be apologizing for how he has contributed to the massive job loss. Instead he’s trying to take credit for all kinds of things he had nothing to do with. He’s an appalling con artist.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c8348a677480

Trump Promises Reshoring - While His Own Products Are Made Overseas

Donald Trump sought cheap labor overseas for clothing lines - CNNPolitics.com

https://www.thenation.com/article/tr...ind-out-where/

Here Are All of the Trump Products Made Overseas | Alternet

Old 12-22-2016, 07:45 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I am a small business owner. I use Turbo Tax to calculate my taxes. Nothing complicated about it.

Like the overwhelming majority of small business owners, I do not have a payroll. What needs I have I outsource to independent contractors.

If I had a payroll, I would use any one of a number of proven phone apps for payroll processing as I do for temporary seasonal workers ( lifeguards) at my HOA. I also use E- Verify. Takes less than a minute to execute.

The majority of small businesses fail. This is nothing new or related to who sits the oval. Success/ failure has more to do with the competence and decision making of the business owners than anything else.

Some who fail learn from their mistakes and start over. Others often seem to prefer to blame government.

Small businesses are the primary employers of undocumented workers.
The US Chamber of Commerce is a powerful lobby on behalf of small business owners. They have lobbied against mandatory E- Verify for almost 20 years.

No wall is high enough or patrols deep enough to put a dent in illegal immigration so long as employers continue to hire undocumented workers.

I don't think you can speak for all small business owners.

I don't think this conversation with you is going anywhere, to be honest. If you believe the current tax system is good for small buisness owner like YOURSELF, good for you. Keep it that way. There is really nothing to argue about.

I have three small businesses myself, and I belong to a corporation my parents own (family business). My brother owns a design studio and a corporation. We might have different views. Just a thought.

My sister in law, my brother, and I are designers. Some of our works have been stolen by foreigners and they mass produce at super low price. There are a lot of things need to be changed.

Just 10 years ago, a lot of people could make a decent living selling on ebay. Now, they have to compete with Chinese sellers sell everything $1.99 with free shipping. USPS loses money every year. lol I wonder why.

You can have free trade, if it is really FREE. Managed trade is not free trade.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:52 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
The man hasn't even been sworn in yet and already he's created more real jobs than Odumbo!!!

Meet the Chinese Billionaire Who's Moving Manufacturing to the U.S. to Cut Costs
Aside from the fact that this deal was in the works for at least three years, as several posters have already pointed out in this thread, when will the Great One be moving his own manufacturing business back to the States and employ American workers?

And why don't you berate him for not doing so?

Why don't you demand that he put his money where his mouth is?

Why don't you hold him to the same standards you demand of everyone else?

Nope, instead you completely ignore the fact that as long as there is more money to be made by having Chinese workers manufacture his goods, Trump is perfectly content in keeping his manufacturing jobs in China, even as he pretends he cares about American workers. He knows dupes like you will give him credit for things he has had absolutely no hand in, all the while failing--or refusing to see--the gross hypocrisy of his own actions.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Remember, anything good that happens during Trump's term will be credited back to Obama for laying the "ground work". Anything bad that happens will be Trump's and the Repub-led congress.
Anything?

There is no doubt that SOME groundwork was laid in the Obama Admin.

The lead time often spans a decade as it relates to custom industrial robotics.

US manufacturers have been making unprecedented investment in custom industrial robotics for years and it will create momentum going forward.

Every new admin inherits the good, bad and ugly of all prior Admin's.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:53 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Hmmm...I wonder if Odumbo had still been in office or Hillary had won. If he would have still moved manufacturing.."I DON'T THINK SO"
What a ridiculous spin. You should be embarrassed.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:59 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What a ridiculous spin. You should be embarrassed.
It's not spin. He simply doesn't get it.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:01 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
The man hasn't even been sworn in yet and already he's created more real jobs than Odumbo!!!

Meet the Chinese Billionaire Who's Moving Manufacturing to the U.S. to Cut Costs
The Great Donald Trump Does It Again - Chinese Billionaire Who's Moving Manufacturing to the U.S.

Don't do that. Don't do the same stupid thing that liberals did with Obama. Don't put someone who is elected by the people, paid by the people, accountable to the people and who can be voted out of office in four years by the people if he royally f's up, on a pedestal.

The GREAT DONALD TRUMP?? That's just stupid. He's a civil servant. The highest and most important civil servant in the land. But he is employed by us. So stop with the "great" sh*t. It's been unseemly and misguided for the past 8 years and I hate to see people do the same thing with Trump.

I voted for Trump. Right now he has my full support and I wish him much success. But he better produce and do what he promised he would do, or I'll do my small part to vote him out of office in four years.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
China is not South Korea or Japan or Singapore. They have different political system. Unstable political system scares these rich Chinese. Many don't have confidence in the government. Japan's wage is super high, so it makes sense the deregulation attracts the Japanese investors. Chinese? They might have different reasons. But who cares really?

My brother has a Chinese billionaire friend who wants to invest in his company for the sole purpose of getting his son a legal status in the United States. My brother said no, he found another company.

I cannot say this is the case for this Chinese, but there are reasons why the Chinese want to invest in here.

You cannot underestimate the Chinese. There is a reason why my grandfather sent all of us (mom and dad) to China when they had the open door policy. All my brothers and I can speak Mandarin Chinese lol.
The wealth class has been fleeing China in favor of the US and Canada. They have been making unprecedented investments in the US, with an emphasis on real estate and business opportunities. Taxes and regulations are more favorable than in China.

These investments also enable easy immigration. Clean air and the ability to have larger families also make the US attractive.

There seems to be some pockets of resentment against the Chinese on the west coast because their deep pockets and demand have made housing less affordable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies