Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2016, 02:58 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,593,782 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by snufftherooster View Post
No, what I'm saying is there is not an equal outcome.

Two men work hard. One makes 5,000 while the other makes 50,000,000

Both put in the same work. Both roughly the same intelligence and aptitude.

The posters here are happy to see the man with 5,000 decline and die. After all, that is what is directly happening in America.

Their "fix" is to tell the man who made 5,000 that he should have been smarter and worked harder. While you may not believe it, nothing the 5k man did would have affected the rate of pay.

This is the system we have, and what it does. It's done it to all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
If you believe this is true, nothing anyone on this site can or will say will help you.

Good luck, Rg
Not saying I concur with Snuff but if you think the person making $50M is someone better/superior to the one making $5K (a notion widespread amongst the 1%) then there is nothing anyone can do you help you understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 03:01 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,802,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
No, what I'm saying is there is not an equal outcome.

Two men work hard. One makes 5,000 while the other makes 50,000,000

Both put in the same work. Both roughly the same intelligence and aptitude.

The posters here are happy to see the man with 5,000 decline and die. After all, that is what is directly happening in America.

Their "fix" is to tell the man who made 5,000 that he should have been smarter and worked harder. While you may not believe it, nothing the 5k man did would have affected the rate of pay.

This is the system we have, and what it does. It's done it to all of you.

Not saying I concur with Snuff but if you think the person making $50M is someone better/superior to the one making $5K (a notion widespread amongst the 1%) then there is nothing anyone can do you help you understand.
That's part of your mistake. It's not a matter of superiority and I'd lose that attitude. Heck, celebrities make a hell of a lot more than I do but I don't consider them superior to me, although I think they'd like me to. There are many circumstances many that are of your own making.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:01 PM

68,353 posts, read 54,544,722 times

The 1% Have Gotten Richer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFRk0FfaQi0

Old 12-22-2016, 03:03 PM

26 posts, read 9,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
wow, you have a victim mentality. You're scenario doesn't make sense, you didn't include the skill set and obviously the one making $50k saw to it his time is more valuable ie.. smarter.

I'm not attacking but it is amazing that people actually think like you do. If you are not doing well maybe it's time to rethink the way you view life. That could be the first and biggest problem you have. If you refuse to rethink nothing will change for you. And who are you're mentors, parents who guide you? I'd lose those people because they haven't done you justice and set you up for failure.
Ironic you might infer I am not doing economically well. The amount of reality twisting here certainly makes once pessimistic on the future of America.

Let me give you more detail -

Not only is the current system somewhat random, it rewards people who harm others. Your local police deptartment is likely understaffed and over worked.

However, the pharmaceutical industry records record profits selling the most addictive substance ever known to man. There are many more such instances to come as the system is undermining it's own core.

I can tell you don't want to hear what I have to say. That doesn't make it any less true.

To sum:

We know inequality is widening.
We know young people can't afford the things many of their fathers and grandfathers did.
We know life expectancy and over all opportunities are in decline
And lastly we know the history of the world is one of violence upheavall to re-balance societies.

Mr Trump probably doesn't realize the task before him and I hope he succeeds.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:04 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,931,375 times
Quote:
I agree. Anyone who would want the job of Presidency during the final years of a empire/nation are not really smart.

Back to the topic - Suppose Trump is correct. If half the county is without capital market access, how can a any market boom benefit them?

Trickle down is the only way.
He's wrong. A very large percentage of Americans have pensions, 401Ks and individual stocks. There is no reason for household making 35K a year not to be saving some of it.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:08 PM

813 posts, read 603,313 times
Quote:
Do you not think the wheel of fortune is blind? I do. We have people working 80 hours unable to pay for a car or house. We also have people who put in very little effort earning sums which would astound a king.

You may not want to believe it, but you are all caught in a random wheel where some people's work is rewarded, and some peoples work isn't. It doesn't matter how many hours or how much equity you may own, if the forces of capital do not value what you do, your fate is sealed economically in this system.

We all know capital has destroyed labor, but it's also true that capital rewards are somewhat random. It's a lottery at its core.
The Wheel of Fortune may in fact be blind (actually, it doesn't exist except in some people's mind, so if you want to think it's blind, well, fine by me). But luck favors the prepared. I believe most people make their own fortunes in life (or their own problems).

I'm not going to change your mind, you ain't gonna change mine. I hope you find a way to make your way work for you, my way works for me.

Good luck, Rg

Old 12-22-2016, 03:09 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,699,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Let the people keep more of their money (lower taxes) and force the government to stop wasting tax money. But the people who get to keep more of the money they worked for got to be smart too. Instead of increasing your standard of living you have to start increasing your wealth by saving for your seed money and investing.
Hopefully Trump will read the next GAO report on how to reduce wasteful federal spending,

GAO Details Billions in Federal Waste
GAO finds billions in wasteful, duplicative federal spending

Quote:
We know young people can't afford the things many of their fathers and grandfathers did.
And lastly we know the history of the world is one of violence upheavall to re-balance societies.

Yet houses keep getting bigger and cars fancier.

Not to mention technology has given young people things us old folks never had. My wife communicates with her family in the Philippines almost every day.

Those peoples grandfathers often sweated doing their jobs.

No income inequality exists among three men in a lifeboat at sea with no food and water.

41,109 posts, read 25,802,524 times
Quote:
Ironic you might infer I am not doing economically well. The amount of reality twisting here certainly makes once pessimistic on the future of America.

Let me give you more detail -

Not only is the current system somewhat random, it rewards people who harm others. Your local police deptartment is likely understaffed and over worked.

However, the pharmaceutical industry records record profits selling the most addictive substance ever known to man. There are many more such instances to come as the system is undermining it's own core.

I can tell you don't want to hear what I have to say. That doesn't make it any less true.

To sum:

Well for someone who does well in life you sure sound like a victim.

You do have a point. We reward companies who take advantage and people who harm themselves, others, make bad decisions... we expect people who are trying to do the right thing to subside them.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:11 PM

People buy bottled water. Ain't no revolution happening.

Capitalism is often pretty crappy, but less crappy than any other system.

Big Pharm is a product of Big Government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies