Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2017, 06:37 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Once again the Clinton Foundation was a charity, they didn't donate to the Clintons and many of them continued to donate before and after she was SOS. Many countries had dealings with the US, while that may give the appearance there is no proof that she directly profited.

Trump's businesses on the other hand directly profit from these countries, there doesn't even have to be something illegal. It could be as simple as countries using his hotels and golf courses to curry favor. Who exactly is going to monitor all his holdings, how much staff do you think they have?

Right off the bat he has a conflict regarding a lawsuit with the Old Post Office on the mall not to mention the $300M loan with Deutsche Bank and others.
You can also read (in great detail) the annual tax statements from both of the Clintons and of the Foundation.

And for the president-elect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 06:47 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, sorry but I like this.
Of all the ridiculous notions Trump has floated, and there have been some doozies, the idea that he'd allow those two bozos to run his operation takes the cake.

The first thing they did when he was elected was set up ways to sell access to him. Supposedly, their foundation was raising money for St. Jude, though why they'd need a foundation to do this rather than just help St. Jude in their rather extensive fundraising operation is a mystery yet to be explained.

In any case, someone jerked the plug on their Pay for Play operation. They closed the doors on the foundation before any more unfortunate incidents came to light.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:52 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
People that recieved favorable treatment from Hillary paid Bill Clinton to give speeches for 3-4 time his normal speaking fees, and you say there is no proof.

This is why nobody can take you dems seriously, you won't even admit to overt pay for play with the Clintons, but somehow someone staying at one of Trump's hotels, or a pre-existing loan is conflicts of interest.

Your partisanship speaks for itself, I'm done with you.

People who you think received favorable treatment, in most cases, would have received the same treatment no matter who was SOS. Who they are or represent plays a bigger roll in accessibility then anything else. But, all that gave them was contact, in most cases, to a career employee, who dealt with them the same way they would deal with someone who came with recommendations from other government agencies or elected officials.

Joe Schmo for Idaho isn't suddenly going have accessibility to government officials with Trump.
Sheikh Mohammed H. Al-Amoudi will be welcomed with open arms. Joe Schmo will not.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:24 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Not that Trump is making money off this latest gaff--
But reporter on today's "Morning Joe" show (Thursday) said that the Trump Post Office Hotel in Washington--the one that has been center of many controversies since before the election--that is LEASED by the Trump organization and is legally owned by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT--
Has been prohibiting ANY reporters entry--not renting rooms--but totally preventing any reporters from coming IN TO THE HOTEL this week--
Now I don't see how that is legal at all--
I can speculate as to why the hotel management (employees of Trump organization) would be told to prevent any reporters from coming into the hotel---
Obviously the Trump people want to keep any stories about who is there, what meetings between power brokers might be taking place, how foreign dignitaries or US companies might be using the hotel to curry favor with Trump and his cronies...

The curious thing to me was when the reporter made the comment--sort of off the cuff and not as "big story" item...he was pretty nonchalant about it--like here's just another example of how immoral the Trump people are...
VS being pretty indignant about keeping people (reporters) out of a FEDERAL building when there was no legal leg to stand on...

To me === screw the nomination hearings---this should be the story of the day and every reporter in a 5 state radius should be protesting outside the hotel---
Not one word about Trump, his tweets, or the hearings goes out until reporters are allowed access--even if it is just to eat breakfast in the dining room...

Where is the ACLU, the Justice Dept--
Where is a lawsuit right now challenging the right of that organization to prohibit a class of workers (reporters) from exercising their right of access to a FEDERAL building????

Old 01-19-2017, 10:17 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
The Godfather divesting himself from the family business by setting up a blind trust.

https://www.creators.com/read/mike-l...h/01/17/195250

Last edited by Goodnight; 01-19-2017 at 10:27 AM..

Old 01-19-2017, 10:24 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Not that Trump is making money off this latest gaff--
But reporter on today's "Morning Joe" show (Thursday) said that the Trump Post Office Hotel in Washington--the one that has been center of many controversies since before the election--that is LEASED by the Trump organization and is legally owned by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT--
Has been prohibiting ANY reporters entry--not renting rooms--but totally preventing any reporters from coming IN TO THE HOTEL this week--
Now I don't see how that is legal at all--
I can speculate as to why the hotel management (employees of Trump organization) would be told to prevent any reporters from coming into the hotel---
Obviously the Trump people want to keep any stories about who is there, what meetings between power brokers might be taking place, how foreign dignitaries or US companies might be using the hotel to curry favor with Trump and his cronies...

The curious thing to me was when the reporter made the comment--sort of off the cuff and not as "big story" item...he was pretty nonchalant about it--like here's just another example of how immoral the Trump people are...
VS being pretty indignant about keeping people (reporters) out of a FEDERAL building when there was no legal leg to stand on...

To me === screw the nomination hearings---this should be the story of the day and every reporter in a 5 state radius should be protesting outside the hotel---
Not one word about Trump, his tweets, or the hearings goes out until reporters are allowed access--even if it is just to eat breakfast in the dining room...

Where is the ACLU, the Justice Dept--
Where is a lawsuit right now challenging the right of that organization to prohibit a class of workers (reporters) from exercising their right of access to a FEDERAL building????

It appears that the Old Post Office is still under construction/renovation by GSA.

https://www.nps.gov/opot/planyourvisit/index.htm

and this is where the Trump lease gets complicated, but then again he has set up a blind trust LOL

Quote:
The Post Office Lease differs from many of Mr. Trump’s other business arrangements. That’s because, in writing the contract, the federal and D.C. governments determined, in advance, that elected officials could play no role in this lease arrangement. The contract language is clear: “No ... elected official of the Government of the United States ... shall be admitted to any share or part of this Lease, or to any benefit that may arise therefrom...”
GSA's Trump Hotel Lease Debacle - Promising Practices - Management - GovExec.com

Old 01-19-2017, 10:39 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
I think the idea is that until a Trump actually takes the oath he is not an elected "official" since President-elect has no official power...
But don't see how he can escape the problem after Friday...
Oh--wait-- he is Trump, the mighty--so ethics don't apply to him...

Saw this article today...
I don't follow Trump's Twitter feed so didn't see the photo he posted proving he was busy writing his speech earlier this month...not that I would find it credible Trump was actually writing that speech or any speech...
I don't think he can do more than write the 140 characters for a Twitter burst and even that isn't always coherent from the repostings in the news...
But this analysis of the photo is enlightening and reveals not just the untruth of Trump's boast but also his pathetic inability to even lie well...

Decoding Trump's Staged Inaugural Speechwriting Photo

The photo was staged--what a surprise (droll sarcasm)--taken at the concierge desk at Mar A Lago...
not even in an office where legitimate work might be done if Trump was honestly trying to craft a speech...

Of course, the millions of people who are sucking up the other lies and rants on his Twitterfeed likely don't recognize the location because they aren't millionaires who have seen Mar-A-Lago first hand...
and most news stories about the resort don't focus on the concierge's desk...

So I guess Trump in his narrow, little reptilian brain thought it didn't matter that he sat there and posed-- since all of his campaign rhetoric and his presidency itself are basically just the art of the poser...
But it is just symptomatic that everything Trump touches turns to s---...

Presidents use speech writers all the time...
Why was it even important enough to lie about, you might ask...

Because (to me) Trump in the innermost secret aspect of his self knows he is a fake, that his image and his essence are basically worthless, and this photo is just another of the the false coins he is buying the soul of America with---Trump's words and deeds are counterfeit and sooner or later when people try to cash them and redeem what Teump and his cabal have promised to deliver, they will find out how worthless those coins are.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:44 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:

Because (to me) Trump in the innermost secret aspect of his self knows he is a fake, that his image and his essence are basically worthless, and this photo is just another of the the false coins he is buying the soul of America with---Trump's words and deeds are counterfeit and sooner or later when people try to cash them and redeem what Trump and his cabal have promised to deliver, they will find out how worthless those coins are.
All this time, most Americans have been thinking that we were the best country in the world, the strongest and most stable. But now, it has been revealed, how vulnerable we are. No one like Trump had come along before, so we just didn't know. The question is, will we learn from this grim lesson and put some teeth back into our system of vetting and selecting our leaders or will we just lay down and allow this to become the norm?

Old 01-20-2017, 04:08 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
All this time, most Americans have been thinking that we were the best country in the world, the strongest and most stable. But now, it has been revealed, how vulnerable we are. No one like Trump had come along before, so we just didn't know. The question is, will we learn from this grim lesson and put some teeth back into our system of vetting and selecting our leaders or will we just lay down and allow this to become the norm?
Oh, I think that there will be big lessons learned from this. I don't think it will be allowed to have anything similar occur again, with changes put in place to prevent it.

Old 01-20-2017, 04:54 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
I think the idea is that until a Trump actually takes the oath he is not an elected "official" since President-elect has no official power...
But don't see how he can escape the problem after Friday...
Oh--wait-- he is Trump, the mighty--so ethics don't apply to him...

Saw this article today...
I don't follow Trump's Twitter feed so didn't see the photo he posted proving he was busy writing his speech earlier this month...not that I would find it credible Trump was actually writing that speech or any speech...
I don't think he can do more than write the 140 characters for a Twitter burst and even that isn't always coherent from the repostings in the news...
But this analysis of the photo is enlightening and reveals not just the untruth of Trump's boast but also his pathetic inability to even lie well...

Decoding Trump's Staged Inaugural Speechwriting Photo

The photo was staged--what a surprise (droll sarcasm)--taken at the concierge desk at Mar A Lago...
not even in an office where legitimate work might be done if Trump was honestly trying to craft a speech...

Of course, the millions of people who are sucking up the other lies and rants on his Twitterfeed likely don't recognize the location because they aren't millionaires who have seen Mar-A-Lago first hand...
and most news stories about the resort don't focus on the concierge's desk...

So I guess Trump in his narrow, little reptilian brain thought it didn't matter that he sat there and posed-- since all of his campaign rhetoric and his presidency itself are basically just the art of the poser...
But it is just symptomatic that everything Trump touches turns to s---...

Presidents use speech writers all the time...
Why was it even important enough to lie about, you might ask...

Because (to me) Trump in the innermost secret aspect of his self knows he is a fake, that his image and his essence are basically worthless, and this photo is just another of the the false coins he is buying the soul of America with---Trump's words and deeds are counterfeit and sooner or later when people try to cash them and redeem what Teump and his cabal have promised to deliver, they will find out how worthless those coins are.
Great points. Yes, I noticed the photo appeared staged, just as he always wants to frame himself. He's an actor, salesman, a phony. His speech will be likely straight from the "Melania school of speechwriting". I think too, in his overblown presentation of himself, that he knows who he really is and is why he seeks constant approval and retaliation over any criticism, to build himself up. A secure adult would not function this way. He must think he is fooling people. What gets me is how many cannot see through him, when it is so obvious. But then, those are who he spoke to. The same ones who won't get it even when being hit over the head with reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies