Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2016, 02:48 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
So you do nothing and continue to antagonize your next door neighbor. While the US has your back and you take advantage. You do nothing for a couple of generations.

They need that 2 state solution and as long as we continue to coddle Israel the politicians in charge will do nothing.
What can we do? The want the "right of return" witch mean placing into Israel 5 millions Arab "refugees" and will never settle for nothing less. So what do you want from Israel?

Old 12-27-2016, 02:51 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Those Jews were denied entering to Eretz Israel because of the Arab riots.
Israel would be established even without the holocaust. Balfur and other British declarations were before it.

I did not start to talk about the Holocaust. Israels right to exist is not because of it, it's because of Dimona.
Haha, I agree with your last statement my friend. Hopefully one day we can live in peace.

Old 12-27-2016, 02:54 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
If you are questioning financial aid then you might have a valid point.
If you are questioning the refusal to veto, then I think you are dead wrong.

Veto was a given for many years under every president. What Obama did was nothing more than a slap in the face to Bibi and Trump. That's all. If anyone thinks there is a deeper meaning behind it all, they are fooling themselves. It just shows the true character of Obama on the way out, which frankly doesn't surprise a lot of us.
I do question the financial aid....
As far as the veto goes. Why is it a given? Just because every president before has done it, doesn't make it right or valid to do every time.
I think about how some are willing to cut social spending here at home, but seem to feel ok about Israel receiving nearly 4 billion a year.
I think about how we have treated allies that we have had longer than Israel, who we have never caught spying on us, who have never been caught selling our technology to our enemies and I question why Israel gets such preferred treatment?

Old 12-27-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
He was neither the leader or founder as there were other people before him that had the ideology, plus he died in 1904. You know nothing about being a Jew. Working with or dealing with anti-Semitics give us a reason to move forward as we already know what happens if we don't. They may use us to their own ends, but we use them as stepping stones for our growth. I know history and the truth. How much truth am I dealing with when I live and work among Muslims in the UAE and they know I'm Jewish for over a decade now. You're too stuck on facts that don't lead you to the truth. It's you that needs to read more and not simply parrot one page.

As a person who has read the Quran (ask Woodrow as we've had conversations in Arabic), there is a statement that one must be able to read it with understanding for themselves so there is no loss in the translation. Think about it before parroting anyone else's facts that they portray as truth.
He's commonly recognized as the founder. Yes, of course there were others but he was the most notable recognizable figure...
Weissman, Schiff and others played large roles and also have interesting quotes on the topic.

I'm glad you've read the Quran. I pray for your guidance and that you die on the shahada and tawheed.

Old 12-27-2016, 02:59 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,660,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Was there this same outrage for the times that Israel stabbed the USA in the back?
You know the answer to that question.

On that exact same topic, Netanyahu made his bed.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:02 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,739,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
So you do nothing and continue to antagonize your next door neighbor. While the US has your back and you take advantage. You do nothing for a couple of generations.

They need that 2 state solution and as long as we continue to coddle Israel the politicians in charge will do nothing.
One cannot sit and talk to ones neighbor if they refuse to talk and continue to throw rocks at your windows.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:02 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,223,445 times
Here's the response to the OP's Post.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
He's commonly recognized as the founder. Yes, of course there were others but he was the most notable recognizable figure...
Weissman, Schiff and others played large roles and also have interesting quotes on the topic.

I'm glad you've read the Quran. I pray for your guidance and that you die on the shahada and tawheed.
Please stop reading wiki. Read more than it. Read twenty links so you can find the truth hidden among the facts of others.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I do question the financial aid....
As far as the veto goes. Why is it a given? Just because every president before has done it, doesn't make it right or valid to do every time.
I think about how some are willing to cut social spending here at home, but seem to feel ok about Israel receiving nearly 4 billion a year.
I think about how we have treated allies that we have had longer than Israel, who we have never caught spying on us, who have never been caught selling our technology to our enemies and I question why Israel gets such preferred treatment?
Why is it that people have no problem bringing up the $3.1B given to Israel but have no problem with the $2B given to Egypt or the $1B given to Jordan yearly? How are they better allies to the US than Israel?

Old 12-27-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Please stop reading wiki. Read more than it. Read twenty links so you can find the truth hidden among the facts of others.
I do more than read Wiki! Of course there's a ton more to learn. Unfortunately on this topic, there is so much smoke and mirrors from both sides that it's very difficult to find al-haq (truth).

FWIW I personally visited Israel/Palestine and spent some time there to discover the conflict. My positions today are heavily influenced by my experiences there.

One key takeaway that almost everybody ignore: There is no monolithic "Israeli Position" or "Arab Position"...each side has a vast array of opinions, and that is why in these engagements I like to be very specific. Especially considering the topic of this thread and how a plurality of Israelis would agree with the premise of the UN vote, they would be for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies