Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 02:10 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,092,438 times

Advertisements

So many in congress that are dual citizens are democrats and over a dozen are also Israeli citizens.

Israeli Citizens in the US Congress and the Obama Administration (Updated May 19, 2014)

Why don't democrats support Israel? What's wrong with those who claim allegiance to Israel yet don't pass any bill affording any protections to Israel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 02:18 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,244 times
how are you defining 'hate Israel.' I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you have a really interesting reason. Because if you're reason is that they, the congressmen with dual citizenship, respect the laws set by the UN and apply them to every country, including Israel, evenly, you'd in fact be an idiot only repeating the rhetoric of other idiots as that is in no way a form of hatred.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:34 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,449,188 times
This is a list of Jews, not people with dual citizenship. I do not have Israeli citizenship just because I'm Jewish. Nor do I have to support the settlements just because I support Israel.

Oy vey.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:41 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
So many in congress that are dual citizens are democrats and over a dozen are also Israeli citizens.

Israeli Citizens in the US Congress and the Obama Administration (Updated May 19, 2014)

Why don't democrats support Israel? What's wrong with those who claim allegiance to Israel yet don't pass any bill affording any protections to Israel?
You didn't find it a little fishy that rather than footnote his references, like any normal researcher would, he prefaced his remarks with "I did my work, look it up for yourself." "It's not difficult to find facts." But strangely, I tried to find information on a couple of random names from the middle of the list, and I could find nothing about Israeli citizenship. All I could find that even suggest this, are reposts of this "article". Mostly on sites run by bigots and other low IQ people.

I'm not saying that I know it is 100% untrue, but given the stormfronter-types' penchant for just making stuff up and hoping it sticks, I would wager money on it being false. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple of dual citizens on that list, but until I see some references, it is all just propaganda.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:42 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:

What are you talking about, Israel is under our protection and they over 3 Billion a year from the US government and millions more from private citizens. Why is it you want to treat Israel as if they are US State?

Old 12-26-2016, 02:45 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Why are so many congressional democrats dual citizens with Israel but hate Israel?
Maybe they hate Israel for the same reason you do.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:53 PM

325 posts, read 153,762 times
Quote:

Controlled opposition. You think Israel/AIPAC doesn't know what's going on in Congress? Pft. They control it 100%. They lead the cheerleaders as well as the controlled opposition.

Old 12-26-2016, 03:35 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,092,438 times
Default Improved link to congressmen with Israel dual citizenship

This link shows current congressional members of which most are representing new York or California.

https://michaelruark.wordpress.com/2...us-and-israel/

The original question is asking how so many democrats, that are dual citizens, are not outraged that the U.S. Didn't veto the recent U.N. Push to protest Israeli new settlements? How can democrats just sit on their hands and not support Israel, even when they are dual citizens of Israel. Silence is conformity. Surely they ccannotbe so hypocritical and think nobody will notice their lack of outrage or U.S. Support...

Last edited by johnsonkk; 12-26-2016 at 03:46 PM..

Old 12-26-2016, 03:46 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,134,644 times
Quote:
This link shows current congressional members of which most are representing new York or California.

The original question is asking how so many democrats, that are dual citizens, are not outraged that the U.S. Didn't veto the recent U.N. Push to protest Israeli new settlements? How can democrats just sit on their hands and not support Israel, even when they are dual citizens of Israel. Silence is conformity. Surely they ccannotbe so hypocritical and think nobody will notice their lack of outrage or U.S. Support...
The political party you link to, American Third Position is so far right that not even the alt-right want to be associated with it. They list John Bolton as Jewish on that website when he isn't.

Old 12-26-2016, 03:59 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:

https://michaelruark.wordpress.com/2...us-and-israel/

The original article left out this little tidbit...

Quote:
It is interesting to note that Israel’s “Law of Return” confers Israeli citizenship automatically, without the immigrant having to apply for it, attend any ceremony, or swear any oath of allegiance.
So in other words, this is just a list of Jews. Well, mostly Jews. They are not people who applied for or received Israeli dual citizenship. They are not people who consider themselves citizens of Israel. They are not people who hold Israeli passports. They are just American Jews.

But there were democrats in congress who publicly disagreed with Obama on this. Why didn't they all? I have no idea. I have stopped trying to figure out how the minds of liberals work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies