Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 02:04 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,863,211 times

Advertisements

I think social media is a good thing in some regards but it seems like the San Francisco and Los Angeles liberals think that bandwidth and an application makes the world around.

Yet, the liberals absolutely hate trades, manufacturing and construction workers.

The liberals do all they can to bring out the NIMBY's, environmentalists and ridiculous housing codes into the equation to the construction industry.

The liberals absolutely hate hard workers who make everyday products. They act like hundreds of people keeping their jobs with Carrier making a living and keeping Americans cool in the summer is in awful thing.

The liberals also want to do all they can to punish the coal workers, oil workers and natural gas workers with their ridiculous environmental regulations and red-tape.

The liberals punishment of oil, natural gas and coal workers has more to do punishing those who didn't spend 8 years of being indoctrinated by crap at liberal arts colleges. They look down on those who actually keep America running with coal, oil and natural gas as opposed to those who sit in classrooms, go into debt and then make a living by consulting.

The liberals also want to burden America's over the road truck drivers with lots of regulations, despite the fact that many liberals sit inside their office suites all-day on Amazon ordering specialty products that they insist is delivered the next day or they have a liberal tantrum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 02:08 PM

94 posts, read 68,632 times
I just want to say that I approve this post, and shake my head similarly at the priorities of those that were defeated November 9th.

IBTL.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:09 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,346 times
Liberalism is hypocrisy in perpetual motion.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:12 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
So you want to live in a country where the water is poisoned by unregulated factories? Where you can't breathe the air without risking cancer?

Really?

Old 12-26-2016, 02:14 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
I heard that liberals hate everything that is truly American.

wink

Old 12-26-2016, 02:15 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times
I'm gather the OP couldn't really define what a liberal is.

Liberals tend to support workers unions. Conservatives often don't. Workers unions allow workers to democratically help determine wages and negotiate with employers in a way that an individual worker likely would not have the capacity to do. While liberals also support regulations that can put employers in a situation that requires them to cut wages or lay people off, they still show support for the workers in other ways. I mean, isn't being anti-union basically saying workers should have no ability to rally for better pay? I know the argument is "work somewhere else" but that implies that this is an easily attainable option, which often times, it's not.

Point being, the OP doesn't really know what a liberal is and is making a complex topic into a simple one to get simple people to praise him for his brilliance.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:32 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,863,211 times
UC Berkeley Touts $15 Wage Law, Then Fires Hundreds After It Passe | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

I think it is how the ultra-liberal and leftist UC Berkeley advocated for a 15 dollar an hour for every employee and then fired many of those same employees.

I can only imagine how it felt when the liberals said they are going to raise their wage to $15/hr and then fired them so they would have a wage of $0/hr.

I am sure with less janitors that were laid off because of the minimum wage increase that it makes the environment ripe for an outbreak of contagious illness.

I think it is going to be interesting when states like California restaurants are trying to run them with a tiny crew and are cross-contaminating because they are struggling with half the staffing they should be. I think it will be more and more from workers to go from raw chicken to salad if they are in rush because of extremely low staffing as opposed to if they paid a little less and had double amount of employees.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 12-26-2016 at 02:42 PM..

Old 12-26-2016, 02:33 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
UC Berkeley Touts $15 Wage Law, Then Fires Hundreds After It Passe | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

I think it is how the ultra-liberal and leftist UC Berkeley advocated for a 15 dollar an hour for every employee and then fired many of those same employees.

I can only imagine how it felt when the liberals said they are going to raise their wage to $15/hr and then fired them so they would have a wage of $0/hr
Libs gonna lib.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:52 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I think social media is a good thing in some regards but it seems like the San Francisco and Los Angeles liberals think that bandwidth and an application makes the world around.

Yet, the liberals absolutely hate trades, manufacturing and construction workers.

The liberals do all they can to bring out the NIMBY's, environmentalists and ridiculous housing codes into the equation to the construction industry.

The liberals absolutely hate hard workers who make everyday products. They act like hundreds of people keeping their jobs with Carrier making a living and keeping Americans cool in the summer is in awful thing.

The liberals also want to do all they can to punish the coal workers, oil workers and natural gas workers with their ridiculous environmental regulations and red-tape.

The liberals punishment of oil, natural gas and coal workers has more to do punishing those who didn't spend 8 years of being indoctrinated by crap at liberal arts colleges. They look down on those who actually keep America running with coal, oil and natural gas as opposed to those who sit in classrooms, go into debt and then make a living by consulting.

The liberals also want to burden America's over the road truck drivers with lots of regulations, despite the fact that many liberals sit inside their office suites all-day on Amazon ordering specialty products that they insist is delivered the next day or they have a liberal tantrum.
What does "makes the world around" mean? Do you mean "makes the world go round"?

No, we liberals don't hate the trades, or manufacturing, or construction workers. What we do hate are some of the conditions that manufacturing created over the years -- child labor, abuse of miners in terms of working conditions and "company stores", and so forth.

Your whole paragraph about Carrier and jobs is pure hogwash (and that's putting it politely).

As is your paragraph about punishing oil, natural gas, and coal workers. What we hate were having rivers that literally caught on fire because of seepage of fuel (e.g., the Buffalo River in 1968), or the deadly pollution of the Love Canal and similar places that were caused by the total disregard of industry for people's health, or the decimation of coal fields and the people who live in those areas by the coal industry (the management of which was often thuggish).

You need go back and look at photos of air pollution and water pollution that dogged this nation for decades, and compare it today. And you need to stop excusing businesses that cause cancer and other deadly disease. If you love it so much, YOU go suck in the air pollution and drink up the water in places like Flint. You do the suffering and let the rest of us live relatively healthy lives.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:54 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,442,558 times
There's lot's of hypocrisy to go around!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies