Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 10:31 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times

Advertisements

Congratulations Mr. President

Quote:
This news, coming at this moment, will probably be somewhat galling to Trump. Over the weekend, Obama told his former adviser David Axelrod that he believed he could have won in 2016, a claim at which Trump chafed. To lose an admiration contest in the wake of that seems as though it would be particularly frustrating to the president-elect.

It's probably a function of the popularity of each man. In 2008, Obama won the most-admired title easily, thanks to his historic election and George W. Bush's low approval ratings. In 2000, Bill Clinton topped George W. Bush, albeit barely. By 2001, Bush set a record in the polling, with 39 percent identifying him as most admired — thanks in no small part to his response to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

Obama beats Trump where it will sting: He
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 11:22 AM

3,841 posts, read 3,068,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I bet Obama's number goes up and Trump's goes down as the year progresses. Americans are going to come to appreciate President Obama's steady, intelligent, no drama governing style in retrospect in growing numbers.

Fell out of my chair reading this, darn funny. Thanks for the laugh!

Old 12-29-2016, 11:33 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Prove it. EXACTLY what has Obama done that put the economy in good shape? All you people have done for the last 8 years is whine about how the evil nasty Republicans have been blocking everything Obama wanted. So which is it? Obama got what he wanted and the economy is in great shape, or the GOP blocked everything Obama wanted and the economy is in great shape?
Why don't YOU prove that donnie has done anything for the economy except LIE! Boy 'bye!

Old 12-29-2016, 11:33 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Fake news? Tell us how Gallup did with Hillary. They only polled Democrats!
Too funny....... How they keep trying to make the man look good. Guess he's feeling pressure for not helping Hillary to win the WH. Even, while Hillary was campaigning he wasn't there supporting her until he saw her losing. Then, when he would show it was about him, he is the one who can't let go!

The WH will be like taking a sucker from a baby, President Obama is not ready to let it go! Sorry, but if the President was as popular as they think he is Hillary would've won in a landslide.

Old 12-29-2016, 11:37 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I bet Obama's number goes up and Trump's goes down as the year progresses. Americans are going to come to appreciate President Obama's steady, intelligent, no drama governing style in retrospect in growing numbers.

You mean after 8 years people still haven't come to appreciate that stuff?

Maybe Obama isn't any of the things you mentioned.

Old 12-29-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Why don't YOU prove that donnie has done anything for the economy except LIE! Boy 'bye!
Is it his job to do something for the economy? What is he lying about?

As far as I know Trump has a lot of employees. President Obama employees only those paid with taxpayer money...

Old 12-29-2016, 11:47 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Well, we are ready for 4 years of whining and crying from wimpy Libs who can't deal with not getting their way.

BTW, get ready for 20 years of a conservative SCOTUS. You may start bawling now.
They will take to the streets with every Judge appointed... as they show their OUTRAGE!

...and, just like this and the hundreds of whining threads, it won't make a bit of difference.

Let's be realistic here. The only reason the left are able to make whine after whine after whiny thread is because there are people on the right side who step in to argue with them, and that's exactly what they want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Is it his job to do something for the economy? What is he lying about?

As far as I know Trump has a lot of employees. President Obama employees only those paid with taxpayer money...
Like this ^^^ - Shepherds; do you think tangelag is going to come back with a rational response, or just more of the same Trump bashing?

They really don't care about a rational dialogue, so why waste time typing to them at all?

Last edited by steven_h; 12-29-2016 at 12:12 PM..

Old 12-29-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
It could be that. I tend to think that it is more a lack of awareness on the part of Americans re: international figures. It would be interesting to ask Americans to name the five men and five women from countries OTHER than the US that they admire and why. How many people (man on the street) do you think could actually NAME 10 international figures (who are not entertainment related) or verbalize why they admire them?
How many in other countries could do the same with America? When many are asked, they think most of us live like Hollywood. The normal guy or woman on the street has other things to think and worry about.....like work, family and paying bills. I know a lot of people who don't watch news or care to know what other countries do and think. Too much on their own daily plate to have the time.

As far as admiring other countries and international figures, I really had never given it much thought. Political figures and the elite don't impress me. I can't think of one person in another country that's making a difference. If I had to pick someone international it would be......Malala Yousafzai

Old 12-29-2016, 12:10 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
As far as admiring other countries and international figures, I really had never given it much thought. Political figures and the elite don't impress me. I can't think of one person in another country that's making a difference. If I had to pick someone international it would be......Malala Yousafzai
I agree, but if I had to choose one I'd say Nigel Farage, who certainly made a difference in the UK and the EU; which basically jump started the populist movement and paved the way for Trump to win.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Like this ^^^ - Shepherds; do you think tangelag is going to come back with a rational response, or just more of the same Trump bashing?

They really don't care about a rational dialogue, so why waste time typing to them at all?
Most of the time when posters throw stuff out like the poster, backing it up is not something they know how to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I agree, but if I had to choose one I'd say Nigel Farage, who certainly made a difference in the UK and the EU; which basically jump started the populist movement and paved the way for Trump to win.
I heard it was Putin......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies