Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 12:57 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Here it is again. I just used Google.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: Jahar's World - Rolling Stone

"....The cover story we are publishing this week falls within the traditions of journalism and Rolling Stone’s long-standing commitment to serious and thoughtful coverage of the most important political and cultural issues of our day......" –THE EDITORS
"Serious and thoughtful coverage....within the traditions of journalism...." -- like the lies they made up about a non-existent fraternity gang rape at the University of Virginia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 01:00 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Was the criticism of Rolling stone really bi partisan on the boston bomber cover? The rolling stone fake story on the virginia "catfishing rape frat story" was widely disseminated and trumpeted by the leftist media. I didnt get the impression the Tsarnaev cover criticism was widespread
I don't think politics had anything to do with this at all, but as long as you're bringing up "fake" stories, Alex Jones, a friend of Donald Trump, published this story. If you recall, Trump called Jones after he won the election to thank him for all his support.

[url=http://www.infowars.com/proof-boston-marathon-bombing-is-staged-terror-attack/]Proof Boston Marathon Bombing is False Flag Cover-Up » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind![/url]

Old 12-29-2016, 01:05 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
I don't think politics had anything to do with this at all, but as long as you're bringing up "fake" stories, Alex Jones, a friend of Donald Trump, published this story. If you recall, Trump called Jones after he won the election to thank him for all his support.

Proof Boston Marathon Bombing is False Flag Cover-Up » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Yes indeed. The conspiracy nuts had a field day with this tragedy. I mentioned that earlier and thanks for the reference to bat crap crazy Alex Jones and the birther-in-chief connection...lest anyone forgets.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I do recall that. I think people were angered because there were actually young women sending him letters in jail and the photo seemed to add fuel to that fire.
Many stores refused to sell the magazine. At first I thought it was in bad taste, but maybe they had a good point, since it's important to understand why someone would commit such an horrific act. This was 3 years ago, so I wonder why it is a new thread and ended up in the political forum.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:08 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Many stores refused to sell the magazine. At first I thought it was in bad taste, but maybe they had a good point, since it's important to understand why someone would commit such an horrific act. This was 3 years ago, so I wonder why it is a new thread and ended up in the political forum.
The only thing to understand is that the guy was a Muslim doing what his religion tells him to do.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The only thing to understand is that the guy was a Muslim doing what his religion tells him to do.
Actually, it was his crazy-azz fanatic mother. Rational and intelligent people do not take everything in their respective bibles literally.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:13 AM

Quote:
I asked the same thing.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Really? Is that what Captain Khan was doing when he died for our country and saved his troops?

Old 12-29-2016, 01:22 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,331,782 times
Quote:
Here it is again. I just used Google.

"Our hearts go out to the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing, and our thoughts are always with them and their families. The cover story we are publishing this week falls within the traditions of journalism and Rolling Stone’s long-standing commitment to serious and thoughtful coverage of the most important political and cultural issues of our day. The fact that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is young, and in the same age group as many of our readers, makes it all the more important for us to examine the complexities of this issue and gain a more complete understanding of how a tragedy like this happens." –THE EDITORS
That statement they put out makes me sick to my stomach. Rolling Stone put him on the cover, made him into some sort of sex symbol where he had supporters and women writing him at his trial because he is the same age and demographic as some rolling stone magazine readers?

Tsarnaev openly tweeted during the bombing aftermath,

wrote a manifesto of his hatred of america after the bombing, gave a phony apology at his trial that everyone knew was fake and flipped off the camera during his imprisonment, hated america and praised radical islam to to this day and justifies his attacks.

News stations like CNN and NPR were busy posting photos of Dzhokhar looking like the boy next door, telling us that he was an above average student and wrestler, a surviving immigrant from a war torn Dagestan.

His immigrant American friends described him as ‘very sweet and very funny’.

Rolling stone is garbage , the virginia case would be enough to put most newspapers out of business but to put him on the cover because he is young?

Did rolling stone cover story mention the FBI flagged one of the Tsarnaev brothers as a terrorist threat in his immigration records and the FBI had previously interviewed one of the Tsarnaev brothers at the request of the Russian government, and the suspect's name was then entered in a U.S.-government database used to screen airline arrivals?

Old 12-29-2016, 01:52 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post

Did rolling stone cover story mention the FBI flagged one of the Tsarnaev brothers as a terrorist threat in his immigration records and the FBI had previously interviewed one of the Tsarnaev brothers at the request of the Russian government, and the suspect's name was then entered in a U.S.-government database used to screen airline arrivals?

Yep.

Quote:
Since the bombing, friends and acquaintances of the Tsarnaevs, as well as the FBI and other law-enforcement officials, have tried to piece together a narrative of the brothers, most of which has focused on Tamerlan, whom we now know was on multiple U.S. and Russian watch lists prior to 2013, though neither the FBI nor the CIA could find a reason to investigate him further.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies