Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Obama have Sanctioned Russia if Hillary Had Won Election?
No - There was no hacking, Obama is making excuses for failed Presidency 24 77.42%
Yes - Obama is only concerned about protecting USA. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 08:52 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times

Advertisements

Hillary Clinton lost election by electoral landslide. Obama says it's because the Russians somehow hacked the election. No proof of hacking has been given to the American people.

So the question is this. Had Hillary won, would Obama have sanctioned Russia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 08:55 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,228,383 times
Maybe. Maybe not. It's possible he wouldn't have for political reasons, though to be fair, the relationship between Obama and Putin hasn't been good and US/Russian relations have been in a tight spot recently. Clinton may very well have had no issue with continuing Obama's legacy in this regard, encouraging Obama to carry on with his feud with Putin.

Though personally, I think Clinton and Putin would make natural allies.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:57 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,993,563 times
Obama never cared about hacking until his party lost . They lost because the TRUTH was exposed. Possibly effecting the DNC for a long long long time. The power grip is over. The days of suffering are over with Obama. Thank You God!

Old 12-30-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Obama never cared about hacking until his party lost . They lost because the TRUTH was exposed. Possibly effecting the DNC for a long long long time. The power grip is over. The days of suffering are over with Obama. Thank You God!
The people praising Putin, a man who's scandals make Clinton's scandals look innocent, would not have the same love for him had he attacked Trump.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:06 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
In that scenario Obama would never say it was due to Russian hacking, even if it was true, he'd say it was because America wanted a woman president and because she was soooo qualified she was elected. In that case it might be the GOP claiming Russia hacked the election and Obama and the liberal media lapdogs would ignore it.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:09 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
The people praising Putin, a man who's scandals make Clinton's scandals look innocent, would not have the same love for him had he attacked Trump.
What Putin attacks? Obama did attack. Putin simply ignores it.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:17 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
I think both Putin and our globalist led Government WANT to stage a phony baloney cold war and a crisis. They each get to pound their chests and get their respective people behind them. More money gets spent on military hardware and intervention in areas of conflict under the cloak of political chessmanship. Hillary would have been a willing participant. She'd eventually negotiate a peaceful resolution to the conflict and looks like a hero. Its all BS but they'll say we bought it.
Trump is kind of forced into it. He's not chummy with Putin like Hillary was. I think Putin does look down on Obama as he knows he's just a stooge, a flunky put in office by the globalists. He on the other hand had to fight and claw to get where he is in a much more cut throat environment. I'm not complimenting him, he's an animal. He's going to have to wait and see just how much sway the globalists have over Trump and act accordingly. Trump may be out of the loop completely and they may want to screw him over. Or they're adjusting the game plan to accommodate his unexpected presence.
I'll just sit back and watch the clowns in action. Isis was proved to be a failed effort on their parts and I won't worry about Russia( or China or North Korea or Iran either).

Old 12-30-2016, 09:19 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,938 times
Quote:
Speaking at a news conference in October, the president reacted negatively when he was asked about the possibility of a rigged presidential election. He suggested that such thinking undermined the country’s democratic traditions, and then went on to say that anyone, namely Trump, who suggested such a thing wasn’t fit for the White House.

“If you start whining before the game’s even over, if whenever things are going badly for you and you lose, you start blaming somebody else, then you don’t have what it takes to be in this job because there are a lot of times when things don’t go our way or my way,” Obama said.

“There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time. And so I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whining and go try to make his case to get votes,” he continued.

Obama added there was “no serious” person who would even go as far as to suggest it was possible to rig American elections.

FLASHBACK: Obama Says Elections Can't Be Rigged

Old 12-30-2016, 09:21 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,971,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR1 View Post
He still says it wasn't rigged.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What Putin attacks? Obama did attack. Putin simply ignores it.
You clearly don't understand what I'm saying. Or you do and your changing the subject because you a dishonest and repugnant person. I don't know which. For your sake, I'll be kind an assume it's the former.

I was referring to Putin's obvious targeting of the Democratic party. The Republicans praising a man who has his political opposition killed and journalists expelled from his country would be just as outraged has he gone after Republican leadership over Democratic leadership. This isn't about "the truth," it's about politics.

And don't delude yourself. Putin's not above it all. He's just more calculated than that. Putin and Obama have been butting heads for years. His apparent alliance with Trump, a man I'm certain Putin views more as a useful idiot than a respectable leader, is almost certainly just to get under Obama's skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies