Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 09:49 AM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times

Advertisements

I guess nothing is sacred( except Russia and Putin)

Trump considering plans for privatizing VA medical options
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2017, 10:42 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

according to your article

Trump met with health care executives Wednesday to discuss the future of VA services, among other medical topics. That meeting included Cleveland Clinic CEO Toby Cosgrove, one of the front-runners for the top VA post.

He is the only one seems to care, these veterans should give him a chance before "protesting".

Old 01-03-2017, 10:49 AM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Trump met with health care executives Wednesday to discuss the future of VA services, among other medical topics. That meeting included Cleveland Clinic CEO Toby Cosgrove, one of the front-runners for the top VA post.

He is the only one seems to care, these veterans should give him a chance before "protesting".
Nope. What they are protesting is the fact that privatization means the out of pocket costs to recipients will undoubtedly be more than most will be able to afford.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Nope. What they are protesting is the fact that privatization means the out of pocket costs to recipients will undoubtedly be more than most will be able to afford.
Like I said, they should give him a chance before protesting.

I have a feeling that they don't really know what Trump would do. They hear the word "privatizing" and they freak out. No need to.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:56 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:

Obama did not care about that when he rammed the ACA down our throats.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:58 AM

^^^ yeah

Plus, The man Trump is putting ideas out to try to help the veterans. Why not giving him a chance first.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:00 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,917 times
Quote:

Sounds good, by the way, maybe you would like to weigh in on the track record of Gooberment as it concerns Veterans before you act as if you have a leg to stand on?

Old 01-03-2017, 11:00 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Cosgrove turned him down as did Luis Quinonez.

VA Sec Candidate Bows Out, As Trump Struggles To Fill Job | The Daily Caller

As with those suddenly fearful of losing their health insurance, I guess people really didn't pay attention to Trump's positions during the election.
There certainly isn't any point in veterans protesting this possible move, as Trump will show the same regard for their concerns now as he did for their group before the election, which is to say, none.

Be careful what you wish for folks.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:02 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,917 times
Quote:
Can you prove this?

Shall we await a link to a WP article?

Old 01-03-2017, 11:06 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
The VA is a mess. I'm from a military family, and have first-hand experience here. Wait times for appointments are ridiculous, and when they finally DO happen, the VA manages to screw up paperwork with endless red tape. My dad still has one unresolved issue, and he's been back from Iraq for years now.

Anything that has the potential to help shouldn't be dismissed outright. As it is, my dad already has to have a combination of private and VA insurance. It's way more complicated than 'Trump hates vets' and "Stunning Betrayal". Please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies