Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 01:19 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,217,453 times

Advertisements

FWIW- the number I've seen attached to belongings in dispute between the national archive & the Clintons was 28K.

I'm not sure why anyone would suggest the Obama's have sticky fingers. They've had plenty of time to loot the WH, Camp David or whatever national property you can name and have not. They also will have income from his Presidency and easily anticipated future books/speeches/fellowships that will easily cover the costs of the lifestyle they seem to leave. Which while nice is not really that high up the scale of recent Presidents. They have also never been as money hungry as the Clintons or as fundraising focused. If I had to guess about the post WH lifestyle I think it will fall somewhere in between the Carters and the Fords. I think he will be active like Carter but see them leading a settled 'retirement' lifestyle in line with the Fords who moved to Palm Springs.

I suspect she will be turning cartwheels to leave the fishbowl that is politics and the WH. In that respect I imagine she and Laura Bush have a huge amount in common.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:25 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,920,209 times
I don't believe the Obamas are prone to repeating the same antics of the Clinton's. Theft is not something that even entered my mind about them. I disagree with them politically, but our country is made up of differing opinions.

As long as they're gone on Inauguration Day, I really don't care.

Let's move forward on making this a better country.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies