Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 09:56 AM

451 posts, read 236,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
No it's not, making modest adjustments to make it better is the right thing to do. The Repubs have nothing to replace it with except empty slogans and rhetoric. This is beyond shameful but i assume you have health care - right?

This stupidity is going to cause some people to die - does that make you happy?
What make me happy is that I voted for Trump. And all you liberals are in agony. 18 more days.
Attached Thumbnails
Trump's "Rich Boy" Hypocrisy-images.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 09:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I think it has changed to......ask what Americans can do for you.
As American's we should help our fellow citizens. I can't understand why that is so controversial of an idea.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:00 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
I would replace "Obamacare" with an entirely government funded system without any private insurance involvement at all. Then the providers, including the drug companies could pay whatever the government offered and be happy with what they get because the alternative is to not sell at all. Additionally this new program would end the American Medical Association monopoly on "residencies" but would include heavily subsidized medical education for anyone qualified to be in the profession.

That is my alternative to "Obamacare". What is the Republicans replacement?

18 days + four years unless he quits first.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:02 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
American guv run health care: the efficiency of the DMV and the compassion of the IRS.
Watch those life spans fall!

Old 01-02-2017, 10:04 AM

451 posts, read 236,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would replace "Obamacare" with an entirely government funded system without any private insurance involvement at all. Then the providers, including the drug companies could pay whatever the government offered and be happy with what they get because the alternative is to not sell at all. Additionally this new program would end the American Medical Association monopoly on "residencies" but would include heavily subsidized medical education for anyone qualified to be in the profession.

That is my alternative to "Obamacare". What is the Republicans replacement?

18 days + four years unless he quits first.

Your alternative would NEVER work. Many do not realize that the drug companies have one of the most powerful lobby's in DC. Wishful thinking. And you want the Gov't to entirely fund healthcare? After they already screwed up Obamacare?

Old 01-02-2017, 10:05 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As American's we should help our fellow citizens. I can't understand why that is so controversial of an idea.
I have no problem with this.......one problem we're not helping our citizens we are helping every other country, by bringing in their poor. How can we be helping our own, when most lost healthcare, while people from other countries are getting a huge fine deal being covered......some don't have to pay while others, the plan starts at $40.00 a month, my plan starts at $475.00 with very little to offer. I might as well save the money and pay the penalty.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
American guv run health care: the efficiency of the DMV and the compassion of the IRS.
Watch those life spans fall!
I've covered this before but maybe it's time again. This is a valid complaint. Absolutely.

It lays in the lap of those who would like to see UHC at that. I am going to generalize here even though I am no fan of generalizations.

As a generalization, a large number of those that want to have UHC refused to demand the complete leadership of the V.A. be fired and new leadership be held accountable.

They refused to condemn the use of the IRS as a political tool.

I have condemned both actions because I realize it causes the public to question the ability of the government to do anything right.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:09 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,977 times
Quote:
I'm not sure I want to stand with millionaires on deciding on our healthcare, but something does need to change. You do have to admit many of us working-class people lost healthcare, we have none now that ObamaCare went through. How do you justify I have to pay $6,000-$8,000 deductible, while low income people, immigrants, refugees and like, are not having to pay any of this?

One thing I have noticed, ObamaCare plans start as low as $40.00 a month, while those States who opted out of ObamaCare the insurance plans start at $400.00 & up. With very little coverage, the plan I had before covered much more and my deductible was $500.00.

Why are illegals being encouraged to sign up on ObamaCare?

https://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default...with-notes.pdf
As I said adjustments could be made to Ocare but repubs because of their hatred for him and his policies just want it to go away and replace it with nothing! People will die - happy now?

Old 01-02-2017, 10:11 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetheworld View Post
What make me happy is that I voted for Trump. And all you liberals are in agony. 18 more days.
You are the one who will be in agony in 18 days. This guy is a fat clueless egomaniac.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
I have no problem with this.......one problem we're not helping our citizens we are helping every other country, by bringing in their poor.
In many cases we are bringing in the poor because we bombed the hell out of their cities. I have condemned that many times.

Quote:
How can we be helping our own, when most lost healthcare, while people from other countries are getting a huge fine deal being covered......some don't have to pay while others, the plan starts at $40.00 a month, my plan starts at $475.00 with very little to offer. I might as well save the money and pay the penalty.
Sadly many understandably see it that way. I've said many times that we have to clean up our own messes before we can even think about dealing with others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies