Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 09:27 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,977 times

Advertisements

So I just viewed a tape from Donny's rich boy and gal New Year's Eve party at his Palm Beach Resort. During the event he once again announced his intention to repeal Obamacare to the cheers and pumped fist of another billionaire sharing the stage with him.

The hypocrisy of this is both alarming and disturbing to see millionaire/billionaire "swells", all with the best health care on the planet, literally cheering taking away healthcare from poor and ordinary americans who can ill afford to lose it.

This is what hate and stupidity gets us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 09:29 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Repealing Obamacare is the right thing to do. It's what you do after that, that will determine things.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:39 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
The Affordable Care Act is misnamed. It had the opposite effect. Now it has made health care more expensive, made health insurance more expensive and made it less affordable to use. It is a very broken very flawed system. It seems that everyone but the democrats who voted for it, saw what it would do.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:42 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Repealing Obamacare is the right thing to do. It's what you do after that, that will determine things.
No it's not, making modest adjustments to make it better is the right thing to do. The Repubs have nothing to replace it with except empty slogans and rhetoric. This is beyond shameful but i assume you have health care - right?

This stupidity is going to cause some people to die - does that make you happy?

Old 01-02-2017, 09:42 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Repeal it and pull govt out of health care completely. Will Trump and the GOP go that far?doubt it. They'll fashion something equally horrible to the Dem scheme that benefits its cronies.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:46 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
No it's not, making modest adjustments to make it better is the right thing to do.
There is NO way to fix it. It can't be done. It only passed because of lie after lie after lie. Hopefully those like yourself will learn there are repercussions for actions like that and no longer support it.

Quote:
The Repubs have nothing to replace it with except empty slogans and rhetoric. This is beyond shameful but i assume you have health care - right?
I do and I support ending the wars and using that money to provide Universal Health Care to all. Everyone.

Quote:
This stupidity is going to cause some people to die - does that make you happy?
Hyperbole does not phase me. Millions are still not covered and millions more can not afford to use what they have.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:51 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,113,275 times
Somethings are better left broken. They cost more to fix than they are worth.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:52 AM

21,148 posts, read 19,729,843 times
"Ask not what your country can do for you..."

Old 01-02-2017, 09:53 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
So I just viewed a tape from Donny's rich boy and gal New Year's Eve party at his Palm Beach Resort. During the event he once again announced his intention to repeal Obamacare to the cheers and pumped fist of another billionaire sharing the stage with him.

The hypocrisy of this is both alarming and disturbing to see millionaire/billionaire "swells", all with the best health care on the planet, literally cheering taking away healthcare from poor and ordinary americans who can ill afford to lose it.

This is what hate and stupidity gets us!
I'm not sure I want to stand with millionaires on deciding on our healthcare, but something does need to change. You do have to admit many of us working-class people lost healthcare, we have none now that ObamaCare went through. How do you justify I have to pay $6,000-$8,000 deductible, while low income people, immigrants, refugees and like, are not having to pay any of this?

One thing I have noticed, ObamaCare plans start as low as $40.00 a month, while those States who opted out of ObamaCare the insurance plans start at $400.00 & up. With very little coverage, the plan I had before covered much more and my deductible was $500.00.

Why are illegals being encouraged to sign up on ObamaCare?

https://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default...with-notes.pdf

Old 01-02-2017, 09:55 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
"Ask not what your country can do for you..."
I think it has changed to......ask what Americans can do for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies