Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 05:30 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzmatik View Post
Saudi Arabia does some of the same things that most Americans hate Muslims for such as:

Close U.S. ally Saudi Arabia kicks off 2016 by beheading 47 people in one day, including prominent Shia cleric - Salon.com

Instagram: TruthArchives
"Most Americans" do not hate Muslims.

Someone like Trump would be better qualified to answer your question as he is bragging about Sprint jobs he is responsible for (backed by Saudi Arabian investors), and partners with Saudis to open businesses.

I don't hate Muslims and I don't think "most Americans" do.

Old 01-02-2017, 05:32 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacSoc View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

That speaks volumes as to WHY. WHY does Saudi Arabia REFUSE to take in any refugees? WHY does Saudi Arabia help ISIS? WHY is Saudi Arabia helping terrorists in Yemen with the US's help? because it helps Israel.
This is interesting.....I haven't heard this before.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:27 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,022,991 times
Quote:
Saudi Arabia does some of the same things that most Americans hate Muslims for such as:

Close U.S. ally Saudi Arabia kicks off 2016 by beheading 47 people in one day, including prominent Shia cleric - Salon.com

Instagram: TruthArchives
They are biggest buyers from us and uk. I read about Yemen thing little bit by googling. It is almost similar to Syria just roles are reversed. There is no good good government in the world when it comes to foreign policy. Obama trended different course with Iran and Israel. He continued same policy with SA. He went on selling them more. I think we don't even acknowledge this yemen issue. Some other country helped our citizens in evacuation. There are bunch of you tube videos about evacuating people from Yemen by different countries.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:29 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Not a big fan of SA. And yes, the USA has an oil-based relationship with them....it makes sense.

But the truth is, in the Middle-east, you cannot govern in the same manner as Europe, USA or many other countries. Radicals in the Middle-east can turn a place like SA, into something that resembles Iraq or worse.

You think a lot of those "dictators in Middle-eastern countries are horrible and nightmarish. They probably are, but that is how they have to govern to maintain control.

Some 20 year old kid knows that if he carries out a horrible terrorist-attack.....his WHOLE family is going to suffer in a nightmarish manner.....that will give him pause.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:34 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,668 times
I support Saudi Arabia and its culture staying in Saudi Arabia. I don't want any piece of it coming here.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:46 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Because Saudi Arabia gives us oil.

GIVES?

Since WHEN?

Old 01-02-2017, 07:58 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,706 times
Saudi Arabia acts as a check on Iran/Russian ambitions. They funded and thought trained the current Jihadi/Terrorist problem and so did the CIA. It was "cool" as long as those bombs were going off in Russia but eventually blowback occurred and both the Saudis and US are trying to clean up the mess.

Saudi also is not really hostile to Israel. They have mutual interests. The Saudis would love for an end to the Palestinian conflict but it doesn't directly concern them, only so much as it fuels anger by their population that they're not doing enough. The Saudis don't really care as they don't stand for elections and frankly buy off tribesman whenever there is a hint of trouble.

Also to the OP...born and raised Muslim American here. I've seen hate but not that much, and especially not by the college educated class.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:37 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Why do Americans despise Muslims but support countries like Saudi Arabia?
They don't. You would be hard pressed to find even one American who qualifies as a Muslim hating Saudaphile.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:36 PM

14 posts, read 7,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
They don't. You would be hard pressed to find even one American who qualifies as a Muslim hating Saudaphile.
Just look at any rally speech by Trump, you will go from "they don't" to "they do" real quick

Old 01-02-2017, 10:42 PM

289 posts, read 145,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
"Most Americans" do not hate Muslims.

Someone like Trump would be better qualified to answer your question as he is bragging about Sprint jobs he is responsible for (backed by Saudi Arabian investors), and partners with Saudis to open businesses.

I don't hate Muslims and I don't think "most Americans" do.
Since Hillary has taken MILLIONS from them I believe she is more qualified for what you're suggesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies