Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 01:38 AM

3,889 posts, read 4,543,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
During TV coverage of all these college football games they zoom in to the student section and I see these young adults (who tend to be good-looking fraternity guys and sorority girls) super drunk in the middle of the day. All I can think of is the fact that there's over $1 trillion in student loan debt and counting. Sadly, when I was their age I went to a huge state university and bought into the nihilistic frat guy mindset. Now I just see the whole college culture as a tremendous waste of capital. Hopefully the college system goes the way of the Dodo bird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbsdlSpA2GU
Wait what? This vid is from College Humor... it's a farce... comedy... taking the mick!

Although, I've heard it said that in today's universities there's so much nonsense coming from the liberal arts department that student are better off spending their time drunk.

But seriously... better to get the ya ya's out during these years than later. Besides, you don't have to be in college to be stoned or drunk off yer az all day, lol! Ever see a bunch of college drop out 20 somethings who end up working in the restaurant/night club biz in the '80's? Ah hem... nothing to see here, move along...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2017, 03:19 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Sure buddy. Keep re-livin' those college days, they'll probably be your best.
More from Exhibit A.

Sorry that Bob Jones University was such a drag.

Old 01-03-2017, 03:53 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I can always tell which guys either had no fun in college, didn't get invited to the best parties, couldn't get chicks or which guys never went to college at all.

Or...they went to a super lame college and are jealous of those of us that attended the top Party schools.

College was a blast, and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat if I could. I feel sorry for those of you who missed out.
LOL

Does anyone else see the immaturity of this argument? It smacks of a teenager going on how cool the cool kids are. /facepalm

Old 01-03-2017, 04:34 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
LOL

Does anyone else see the immaturity of this argument? It smacks of a teenager going on how cool the cool kids are. /facepalm
Exhibit B.

Old 01-03-2017, 04:43 AM

638 posts, read 310,390 times
The kids with helicopter parents are always the ones that drink to excess and engage in all sorts of debauchery. Whether that's college kids or non-college kids, it's usually the same catalyst. How much cash they have at their disposal usually dictates how badly they behave.

Old 01-03-2017, 05:24 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
MANY companies looking for the degree. Many will take anything in BS. (Business disciplines, Engineering disciplines, math..)

I know a lot of non-college drunks btw.

Old 01-03-2017, 06:46 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I can always tell which guys either had no fun in college, didn't get invited to the best parties, couldn't get chicks or which guys never went to college at all.

Or...they went to a super lame college and are jealous of those of us that attended the top Party schools.

College was a blast, and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat if I could. I feel sorry for those of you who missed out.

Old 01-03-2017, 06:50 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Would you rather they be a scrawny meth head that cannot even hold a basic low paying job because of the drug addiction?

Old 01-03-2017, 06:55 AM

27,567 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Now I just see the whole college culture as a tremendous waste of capital. Hopefully the college system goes the way of the Dodo bird.
How do you even get a good job without going to college?

I don't know how that would be possible for most people.

Old 01-03-2017, 06:56 AM

1,160 posts, read 713,062 times
'college' is a HUGE for-profit industry so their marketing revolves around the 'party' atmosphere.

Have you SEEN modern 'dorms'?! They're like luxury condominiums with all the amenities! No more cinderblock hovels with bunkbeds and communal showers...

Granted, I lived in a fraternity so had it better than most but even that place was a shack compared to new university housing.

I'm betting that the party atmosphere that we see is the same as it ever was - weekend binge drinking with maybe a wednesday thrown in for good measure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies