Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 08:09 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,841,536 times

Advertisements

Black people can't be racist, that white retarded boy was in a position of power and thus deserved everything that happened to him because on dead native Americans in the past.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:12 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,968,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What!?! Dylan Roof killed a lot of people. At least these idiots let the guy go. Not comparable in the least.

BS!!! When you kidnap a person tie them up and torture them you are as bad as Roof. What will happen next time? Maybe the next one won't be so lucky.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:12 PM

73,116 posts, read 62,763,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You do call them thugs - I have to hand it to you - you've been very consistent in denouncing black people who do things like this.

But you're a nice guy and I think you take it personally when people go overboard with their criticism. Forget the racists that threads like this bring out - you're never going to get rid of them, just like I can't get rid of the black racists here. You and I don't respect these people anyway, so who cares what they post? I don't.

You want to control the dialogue and you can't do that. So what are your choices? Either work on not taking things personally and ignore the racists, or stay out of threads like this knowing some of the posts will be from the racists.

Your third choice is continue to try and stop people from posting - and that hasn't worked, so why expend the time and energy?
I know there are Black people who call this crap out. I call this out simply because this is about right and wrong. I denounce stupidity in general.

About the racists, we can't control the dialogue. However, we can watch out for violations of TOS.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:17 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,758,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know there are Black people who call this crap out. I call this out simply because this is about right and wrong. I denounce stupidity in general.

About the racists, we can't control the dialogue. However, we can watch out for violations of TOS.
I've been reading your thoughtful posts for years and I just lost all respect for you. Being an e-snitch & trying to censure people who's opinions you don't like, no matter how ignorant, is cowardly.

17,468 posts, read 12,960,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
No way to spin this. Imagine this: 4 white men kidnap and tie up a black man. They torture him while laughing and shouting "**** barack obama" and anti-black racial expletives.
Also add in the young man was special needs. Yet, someone claimed they were strong black men.....really not sure how anyone gets "strong' when picking on weaker people!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-04-2017 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

41,109 posts, read 25,786,851 times
Quote:
Well, in the essay we're discussing, it tells it. Anti-intellectualism, high levels of licentiousness, violence,
aversion to work, improvidence, drunkenness, lack of entrepreneurship, touchy pride, boastful self-dramatization and vanity. This is according to conservative writer Thomas Sowell, who was born in the south and raised in the north. He saw both sides of it.

You can enjoy hunting, fishing, and being with your family without being a redneck. Like I said, being a rural dweller doesn't constitute redneck. I know people who are rural dwellers themselves who don't fit the traits of a redneck.
So you are diverting away from these thugs who hate white people and Trump, torturing a white person, using this article to justify their behavior?

Old 01-04-2017, 08:19 PM

73,116 posts, read 62,763,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So you are diverting away from these thugs who hate white people and Trump, torturing a white person, using this article to justify their behavior?
Actually, said person was commenting on the way those thugs talk. I offered an analysis of it.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:21 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,824,882 times
Quote:
Something no one is seeing. This was livestreamed. Who would livestream themselves torturing someone? Besides being cruel and being a monster, this is what I see. Either someone really stupid, really bold, or just doesn't care what consequences await. Don't these criminals know that the evidence is there for everyone, especially a judge, to see? Those thugs must have wanted to go to prison pretty badly to have this streamed.
Tribune reporting it was 2 girls and 2 guys involved in the beating.

Something does not feel right about the story or perhaps it's the reporting or too many missing pieces of this puzzle. The victim is reportedly mentally impaired and goes off with a friend to a distant suburb and meets up with others and they steal a car and drive to the city. The victim ends up in an apartment getting a smack down while it's live streamed to facebook.

The victim is subsequently found wandering the streets. He was taken to a hospital and released. No doubt more will be revealed.

4 held in attack broadcast on Facebook that included anti-Trump profanities - Chicago Tribune

Old 01-04-2017, 08:21 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,047,613 times
Does it surprise anyone that the girl taping this had a court date less than two weeks ago for something else? Some people just can not be fixed.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:24 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,758,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Tribune reporting it was 2 girls and 2 guys involved in the beating.

Something does not feel right about the story or perhaps it's the reporting or too many missing pieces of this puzzle. The victim is reportedly mentally impaired and goes off with a friend to a distant suburb and meets up with others and they steal a car and drive to the city. The victim ends up in an apartment getting a smack down while it's live streamed to facebook.

The victim is subsequently found wandering the streets. He was taken to a hospital and released. No doubt more will be revealed.

4 held in attack broadcast on Facebook that included anti-Trump profanities - Chicago Tribune
Agreed. Something doesn't smell right here. Could be a hoax of some sort, imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.