Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2017, 04:55 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Kidnapping and torturing a mentally handicapped person is not the work of idiots. Try harder.
They aren't "just idiots" but they are idiots. In the YouTube era we've seen enough videos like this to know that really stupid people can also be really violent and cruel. It doesn't take a criminal mastermind to beat and torture someone. They might not have planned it at all. Clearly they didn't consider the consequences of live streaming it. They may be no more intelligent than their victim, but because their low IQs don't result from physical problems, and they don't really stand out from their peers, they were never labeled "special needs". None of that makes them any less dangerous of course, or any less in need of long prison terms.

Last edited by The Dark Enlightenment; 01-05-2017 at 05:24 AM..

Old 01-05-2017, 05:51 AM

72,978 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Tribune reporting it was 2 girls and 2 guys involved in the beating.

Something does not feel right about the story or perhaps it's the reporting or too many missing pieces of this puzzle. The victim is reportedly mentally impaired and goes off with a friend to a distant suburb and meets up with others and they steal a car and drive to the city. The victim ends up in an apartment getting a smack down while it's live streamed to facebook.

The victim is subsequently found wandering the streets. He was taken to a hospital and released. No doubt more will be revealed.

4 held in attack broadcast on Facebook that included anti-Trump profanities - Chicago Tribune
Either way, this is still wrong.

Old 01-05-2017, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Any concern at all for the young man who was kidnapped and tortured by these thugs?
Go look at the rest of the posts I've made and perhaps you will have an answer. Can't I have concern for the man who got tortured and at the same time be concerned about haters turning this into an excuse to say "this is why we don't like Blacks"?

Old 01-05-2017, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
From what I heard on the news they held him for 24 hours so it looks like kidnapping may be the most serous charge.
I don't know the statutes. I just know that torture could be looked at as attempted murder.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Bail for the girl was set at $1500.
How much was it for everyone else?

Old 01-05-2017, 06:05 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Go look at the rest of the posts I've made and perhaps you will have an answer. Can't I have concern for the man who got tortured and at the same time be concerned about haters turning this into an excuse to say "this is why we don't like Blacks"?
The word "haters" is a problem. I see fear of blacks because of these incidents, not "hate".
I see even more Fear when the Police won't (or can't) stop them and just let them go ... To do it again.
I see even more Fear when it's somehow fluffed off as but-but-but ..... Slavery!!! and therefore somehow "justified".

Most sensible people have a way of avoiding and staying away from what they Fear.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:08 AM

638 posts, read 310,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastion79 View Post
One of the most disgusting acts of savage, animal-like barbarism and racism I've ever seen. No doubt, this will be thoroughly ignored by the national media.

Link to news story:

Chicago Police: 4 in custody after man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live | WFLD

Link to Youtube video (Warning: Very disturbing):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prt1_t209hQ

EDIT:
Correction: It was initially livestreamed to Facebook and later uploaded to Youtube.

Fox was airing it last night. I can't vouch for CNN and MSNBC. I've reached my monthly quota for Trump hatred and Obamacare whining and can't watch them until February.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:18 AM

4,255 posts, read 5,933,837 times
https://www.google.com/search?q=trum...=nws&tbs=qdr:d

Where is the national mainstream media on this story (aside from Fox)?!

As of now, it's in absentia.

Now imagine if the race of the victim and the race of the perpetrators were reversed.

The MSM will probably have to cover this story at some point, however. I don't think they'll be able to avoid it.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:19 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
I read the CNN article last night. I don't understand why the authorities don't classify this as the hate crime it clearly is... just like when blacks go "hunting for polar bears". Anyway, those black kids are trash, not because they are black, but because of their actions towards that special needs student. I wish that they could be terrorized in the same manner and for the same length of time. And definitely cut the girls on their faces in the same way.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:21 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,125,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It is certainly a hate crime by the usual standards, unless they fail to apply simply because the victim is white. But I agree that the hate crime charge is made far too often.
This is why race relations are deteriorating; because you cannot have it one way. They rally cry should have always been: All Lives Matter. Stating that one race should have higher priority than another race is what pitted one race against another; like gladiators. It is also what caused slavery all those years ago. We are all humans and every life should be considered sacred.

If hate crimes have any teeth; they also have to go all ways. Whether the hater is Black, White, Asian or Hispanic; it should make no difference. It should also not make a difference if the 'hate' crime is husband hating wife, hating politicians or police. In this case it made no sense to me why there is even a discussion on whether this is a 'hate' crime - if you want to record your crime; you should be willing to pay the price.

By the way; did anybody hear our President speaking up against this crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies