Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2017, 02:44 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
The article says politically appointed ambassadors. This could very well mean Obama appointees and NOT career ambassadors.

How do people become career ambassadors without being appointed?

Old 01-06-2017, 02:47 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
I think that exceptions might include items like a child in school in the local country and the family wanting to stay to complete the term...but again if you know you are a political appointee and know that your party lost the election in such a no-holds-barred campaign then I would think that you wouldn't really WANT to stay...
Or would know that a clean sweep was coming...

They don't have to leave the country and move back to America--they just won't be on gov't payroll...
Just as the Obamas bought a house and will continue to live in DC area for next few years...
They planned their exit strategy...

Old 01-06-2017, 03:14 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I guess I'll defer to your superior "understanding" of what Obama really meant about extensions. After all, you are the DC at the Ridge and never wrong about anything (including election outcomes)

I'll just stick with the words that the Washington Post actually wrote, and their "understanding" of what those words meant. I'm no 'expert', I just know how to do some research.

Political ambassadors sometimes are permitted to stay on briefly during a new administration, but the sweeping nature of the directive suggests that Obama has little interest in retaining any of Bush's ambassadorial appointees
Snark, much?

Obama's administration granted extensions. I don't know where you get the idea that they didn't. Just a cursury search pops up Roy Austin, who stayed on in Trinidad & Tobago until 12/18/2009, Ann Louise Wagner who stayed on in Luxembourg until 6/27/09, April H Foley who stayed on in Hungary until 4/2/09. This is just a quick scan. The list is likely much longer.

So the facts stare you in the face. What will you say now?

And by the way, your remark about election outcomes is misplaced. While I thought it likely that Clinton would win, I never discounted the possibility of Trump winning.

Also adding Robert Johann Dieter-Belize until 6/10/09; Molly H Bordonaro-Malta until February 09, Benson K Whitney-Norway 10/21/09, Thomas F Stephenson-June 2009. I don't have time to keep looking.

Last edited by DC at the Ridge; 01-06-2017 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: added

Old 01-06-2017, 03:29 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Sure. Just with a quick look.... WWE = Linda McMahon, new head of the SBA.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:52 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Melania refuses to move to DC because Barron needs to finish school, but these guys need to quit?

As I say, not as a I do. Trump's real campaign mantra.

American's should refuse to pay one penny for her to stay in her glass palace
. Either stand up and fulfill your duty as First Lady, or you pay her own expense.
Maybe she don't want to leave her girlfriend or boyfriend behind? has anyone thought of that, because moving her kids school under the situation as First Lady, is a small deal, and we should not be paying such vast amounts for her to lay around and wait to play 4 hrs of baby sitting games.
Everything about Trumps situations indicates he should never be allowed to be inaugurated!!!! This man has created a farce of mess, and he's not even confirmed as being President by any Oath of Office.

He does not know how to fix anything or run this country, his whole campaign is the same as every other Republican rans on, and that is the world "Oppose Obama" or "Repeal this or that" all in an effort of trying to abolish Obama's Legacy. Hell, white people have been trying to abolish the legacy of black people for Centuries. Yet, they have no replacement plans, Obama asked them for an Immigration plan, they did not have that either. Now they still don't have even a clue of how to replace ACA, and they are too DUMB to simply amend it and remove the restrictions of state lines so all Insurance companies can compete in All 50 states. The only reason they can't is because Republican supported Insurance Companies Dominating Markets and Trying to Force and keep other Insurance out of their "manipulatively claimed territory". Now, we will get to expose the Republican who supported that captured audience game program that Insurance companies have been playing.

Let Glenn Beck Tell you about it, most Republican at least listen to him from the radical stuff he's been known for.

Fox News Caught Telling The Truth About Founding Fathers Of United States Being Black

Trump is inheriting a working Economy from Obama, and he is inheriting some good positions in many areas, that were long age set up by Obama, and some of them are doing things for job creation and restoring and returning jobs, and now Trump wants to take Credit for it, and he still has not been sworn in a President. He should be thanking President Obama, and humbling himself for all the crap he said, and the things he did trying to insult the President. But, thankfully Obama had too much dignity, class and integrity so the stuff Trump said and did was his own waste of time and money, because it did not hinder President Obama for continuing to do the good works that he did.

Trump has been MEDDLING IN DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS, BECAUSE he does not have the decency to respect the Office, that he is pursing to be sworn into. Every day he gets up talking, he makes himself look more imbecilic and more disrespectful of the fact we have a Sitting President still in the Sworn Office as President of the United States.

Trump is making more and more of an insult unto and of himself with his twitter spinning ignorance. The man has no concept as to the magnitude of the office, he disrespect its, because he thinks doing so will disrespect the black man that has the seat. Everything he is disrespecting now, he will be whining about later, because he is not hurting Obama, he is hurting the respect that citizens should give the Office. He's too unaware to even know that, his ego is so outrageous, he is just flipping his lips and then moving his Daughter to Washington, so she can gain inside info to expand his business. I hope the watch dog groups monitory them heavily, and when they do it, send both of them to jail, for subversive conduct, disgracing the office of the Presidency, and every other charge. He already should be lined up to spend three years in jail for violating the Logan Act.

disrespect for these Ambassadors will come back and bite him, as well as the disrespect he has shown toward the intelligence community.
Trump has CRITICIZED EVERYTHING IN AMERICA!!!! OVER THE PAST 18 MONTH.
He a Tax Cheat, Lied about his Charitable Contributions and is bed with debt to far too many nations for him to be in the office and seated as President.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:08 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
It takes me less than a week to move a huge house... it takes liberals 30 days? not surprised...
But that isn't overseas...

Old 01-06-2017, 04:14 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Melania refuses to move to DC because Barron needs to finish school, but these guys need to quit?

As I say, not as a I do. Trump's real campaign mantra.
Melania's husband hasn't even appointed replacements, and he says--yank your kids out of school and find a place to live immediately.

But, whaaaa? Little Barron is too fragile to switch schools midyear--so cruel to do that to a child who has an entire floor of a penthouse and is costing NYC $1 million per day.

And his speech is about unity?

Old 01-06-2017, 04:19 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
But, whaaaa? Little Barron is too fragile to switch schools midyear--so cruel to do that to a child who has an entire floor of a penthouse and is costing NYC $1 million per day.
Are you kidding? 4 Thugs just kidnapped an tortured and scalped a special needs boy while chanting F..k Trump. Imagine what they would do if they got their hands on Trump's son. I can't imagine why you would complain about security for a Presidents child.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:21 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
But that isn't overseas...
They basically have to find a house, then buy or rent it, find a school and register the kids, make arrangements to move all their stuff and pets from another country and oh yeah, find a new job--like immediately.

Melania can't get off her duff and move to the WH with absolutely no work on her part whatsoever. Helicopter to plane and then four guys will carry her on a litter into her new digs. Not one nail would be chipped.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:29 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
I can't blame Trump.

I would purge anything and everything that had anything to do with the communist, muslim sympathizer 0bama.

There's no telling how many booby traps for our county this monster has put in place.

I'm betting the Ambassadors are just the tip of the iceberg. There will be plenty more to come. Sooner the better.

CN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies