Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 03:24 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,652,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Just keeps poking at something that doesn't need to be poked at. But he won't feel the effects up in his posh NYC Penthouse so what's it to him?
In Texas, I feel the immigration problem in my wallet, and I see it in the schools.

Enforce our immigration laws. Build the wall. Prosecute people who knowingly hire illegals. Cut off social benefits to illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 03:25 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,971,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
In Texas, I feel the immigration problem in my wallet, and I see it in the schools.

Enforce our immigration laws. Build the wall. Prosecute people who knowingly hire illegals. Cut off social benefits to illegals.
There's diplomacy and there's Trump. Behaving like Trump will likely embolden people to do things they otherwise wouldn't, and being in Arizona I'll get to experience that.

Nothing wrong with your list, although I still think the wall will be a boondoggle.

Old 01-07-2017, 03:29 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,971,772 times
You know what has been one of the biggest immigration deterrents in recent years? Mexicos improving economy. Us trying to trash it will make the problem worse not better.

Old 01-07-2017, 03:31 PM

29,850 posts, read 24,953,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There are many ways to go about it, but Trump chose to make stupid comments, and the fruits are beginning to show.
So you want another Obama. Someone who will bow to foreign nations and their people. Sorry, America and it's citizens are not a doormat. America demanded real leadership, from a real leader. Not another bozo who wants to continue flushing America down the global toilet.

The individual who shot the American diplomat is almost certainly a piece of human garbage. Blame them. Trump had nothing to do with this shooting.

Old 01-07-2017, 03:32 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,652,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
You know what has been one of the biggest immigration deterrents in recent years? Mexicos improving economy. Us trying to trash it will make the problem worse not better.
Mexico trashes their own economy and the US shouldn't be responsible for propping it up.

If there wasn't the US pressure outlet, the Mexican people might actually do something about the corruption down there.

Old 01-07-2017, 03:34 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,692,214 times
Quote:
The fruits of Trump foreign policy are beginning to show.

Didn't the shooters get the tweet that all of them(embassy personnel) were fired as of 1/20/17?

Old 01-07-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:

No, don't make me pay for a Wall when your state can't enforce the laws on the books.

Old 01-07-2017, 03:38 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
Two ways:
1. Do it.
2. Don't do it.

If they were mad enough to target an American official over Trump, I guess they don't believe the wall will benefit them.

Should I make the assumption you are more concerned about them and what they want?
Feel free to assume anything you want.

1. Do it the wrong way
2. Do it the right way
3. Don't do anything

Calling people rapists and murderers, and demanding they pay for our spending projects is stupid.

Want to build a wall? Fine, just build it, but what's the point of pissing people off for no gain?

Old 01-07-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:

1. Do it the wrong way
2. Do it the right way
3. Don't do anything

Calling people rapists and murderers, and demanding they pay for our spending projects is stupid.

Want to build a wall? Fine, just build it, but what's the point of pissing people off for no gain?

The point by preaching hate and bigotry it gets you elected.You preached hate and racism and bigotry and the people bought it and now want something done but now they start backing down and this is what is left.

Old 01-07-2017, 03:49 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,923,241 times
Quote:

1. Do it the wrong way
2. Do it the right way
3. Don't do anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
The point by preaching hate and bigotry it gets you elected.You preached hate and racism and bigotry and the people bought it and now want something done but now they start backing down and this is what is left.
I'm 100 percent sure Mexico ain't real happy with some fool trying to murder a high level US official in Mexico legally since that shooting will turn more people AGAINST illegal aliens here in the US.

Race card doesn't work anymore, sorry. If we're gonna go there; then Mexico needs to NOT keep trying to screw over its poorest and darker skin citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies