Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 08:03 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,086,861 times

Advertisements

Wonder if she knows it was gutted, to leave only the outer walls and rebuilt in Harry Truman's second term - first elected term. Somewhere around 1950, forget the exact year.

But, I guess that she did not mean that literally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Did she say she will miss waking up in a house built by slaves?

Old 01-07-2017, 08:09 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,751,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Her talents and gifts were wasted on much of this ungrateful nation.

Perhaps she would be proud, and find a more grateful group in Kenya.

Seems to me she was only proud to take vacations and live on our dime.

Since we won't be feeding her any longer, we've become "hopeless" in her eyes.

I say, good riddance, mooch.

CN

Old 01-07-2017, 08:23 PM

32,174 posts, read 15,174,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Michele Obama has given her final speech, and it is very emotional and uplifting. I know all too well that the haters will pop out of the woodwork and start saying things like "Glad to see her go, blah, blah, blah", but I really could care less. This one is for those of us who think she was a wonderful First Lady and a genuinely great human being.

Gonna miss you both, Michele !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkKwboz98X0
I think she has been an amazing first lady. And she will be missed. I don't understand why some are so hateful...saying good ridden and other derogatory comments. There were many presidents I didn't agree with but that had nothing to do with their wives. And I think all our first ladies have been wonderful making their own mark in our country with causes they believe in. So what is the animosity against Michelle all about.

Old 01-07-2017, 08:36 PM

1,147 posts, read 721,914 times
Michelle Obama is very likeable.

The reason she infuriates some people is because she's a successful African American woman.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I think she has been an amazing first lady. And she will be missed. I don't understand why some are so hateful...saying good ridden and other derogatory comments. There were many presidents I didn't agree with but that had nothing to do with their wives. And I think all our first ladies have been wonderful making their own mark in our country with causes they believe in. So what is the animosity against Michelle all about.
Might have something to do with the fact that this is the only first lady that ever actually said she had no pride in her country until her husband was elected.

And then to make matters worse, as her husband is on the way out the door, after two terms, she says we are "hopeless".

Or did you just selectively overlook that fact while you were mooning over her, like the freaks standing beside her in her farewell? The one with the glasses to her right, I couldn't tell if she was getting ready to laugh, cry, or give birth to a cow.......

Mooch's a hateful, spiteful, wicked pos.

CN

Old 01-07-2017, 10:46 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,823,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Might have something to do with the fact that this is the only first lady that ever actually said she had no pride in her country until her husband was elected.

And then to make matters worse, as her husband is on the way out the door, after two terms, she says we are "hopeless".

Or did you just selectively overlook that fact while you were mooning over her, like the freaks standing beside her in her farewell? The one with the glasses to her right, I couldn't tell if she was getting ready to laugh, cry, or give birth to a cow.......

CN
What makes her a mooch? The fact that she lived in the WH? Doesn't that make all first families mooches?

The trumps have probably already cost us more than the Obamas have in 8 years, and the costs of protecting them in NYC grow by the day.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post

CN
I am so tired of the prejudice and name calling. It's getting really old. You guys need to grow up.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:16 PM

45,319 posts, read 26,588,564 times
I'll so miss her lectures on parenting, diet, race relations, the need to show appreciation of govt, etc.
how will we survive without her wise guidance?

Old 01-07-2017, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post

It's gonna be tough.......

Maybe we'll just need to drink more water.

CN

Old 01-07-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I'll so miss her lectures on parenting, diet, race relations, the need to show appreciation of govt, etc.
I have no idea why you are so against her. She did a lot of good as all first ladies did. I have never seen the hatred against any other first lady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies