Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 09:16 AM

274 posts, read 120,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I haven't spent a dollar on one of your movies in 20 years and even then I wondered what all the hype was about. Kramer vs Kramer...total garbage. Devil wears Prada was decent.

But really, she and the rest of the old, bitter and used up liberals in this country really need to get a life. Donald has a job to do which was given to him by the American people. He has no direct bearing on poor Meryl's life. She has other things she can think about but she chooses a big night when she should be having fun to obsess over Donald once again. It really is sad what has become of these people.

I haven't watched a Hollywood awards show in probably 20 years, wouldn't even occur to me to watch it. These people mean nothing to me. They do what they do for a living and I do what I do. I couldn't care less what they think about anything. I appreciate the job they do..especially people like Clint Eastwood who BTW doesn't say stupid garbage in public.

So again, grow up, get over it and move on.
You state she is too harsh towards Donald well perhaps you are too harsh towards Meryl claiming she is an 'old bitter democrat' you are the idiotic hypocrite who needs to grow up and move on..Don't spread hatred like your beloved Donald Trump..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 09:16 AM

39,321 posts, read 27,704,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Thank you. I'd agree with this. She is a great actress, she is very very rich.

She is shocked that Hillary lost, she hates Trump, and those who voted for him. She's probably disappointed at those who didn't vote for Hillary, but probably hates or dispises the deplorables.

Should we blame her though? Should we blame her for worshipping the Press? Anymore than we should blame a victim of an exposed cult like Scientology? Allegedly?

It's my understanding that the situation up in Chicago where the kid got terrorized for 6 hours by 4 punks, slashed, punched, made to drink toilet water for being white and like Trump, isn't their fault.

It's not.

It's Meryl Streep's fault. It really is.

I didn't even watch the stupid Golden Globes last night, nor her last 50 flicks, but I'm going to be forced to watch it again and again and again, along with Israel Isis Terrorism, 5 years old Isis murderers, the Fort Lauderdale murderer, and poor Reno with this storm blasting through.
I agree with you. I like her and I still do. I also think she might be a great person who really cares about the world and others.

However, her comment reminds me of something I heard at an art institute. My professor said if one never received formal training, he/she can never be a great artist. Basically, he was implying there are no self-taught great artists. I honestly think the comment was arrogant too. There are alot of street performers (artists) have superb drawing skills. They can be great artists too.

Maybe she thinks MMA is cheap entertainment. I know nothing about MMA, so can't really comment on it.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:18 AM

13,600 posts, read 10,010,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think anybody made up definition here.

Here is the debate

Are sports forms of art? | Debate.org

If you don't think sport is art, then fine. we can always agree to disagree.

There is no doubt sport is not the same art form as music, and fine arts, but sports can be viewed as some form of arts. If you don't agree, that is fine too.
You need to listen and comprehend.

THE ARTS are THE ARTS.

You can consider peeing off a tall building an art form if you wish but it is not considered part of THE ARTS, unless it's part of a modern art installation in a fine art gallery.

I did not say sport is not artistic.

But it is not THE arts.

That's why they have a SPORTS section and an ARTS section in the newspaper. The two things are different.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:19 AM

25,866 posts, read 16,576,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
You state she is too harsh towards Donald well perhaps you are too harsh towards Meryl claiming she is an 'old bitter democrat' you are the idiotic hypocrite who needs to grow up and move on..Don't spread hatred like your beloved Donald Trump..
She is the one who is wasting her night talking about a person who hasn't even taken office yet and the election was 2 months ago.

Donald may turn out to be one of the best Presidents we have ever had and do more for what she believes in than any other President could have. I guess this is liberal thinking, bash someone before they even start a job.

Quote:
It's like they are at church and someone has to get up and give the approved eulogy. You knew it was coming. You knew that she just couldn't go up there and stay on the topic of entertainment and maybe discuss the performance by some wonderful young actror/actress.

No, right to the politics. Pathetic.
Perhaps or perhaps you are the pathetic one she merely stated he mocked the reporter who had a disability and you are arrogantly stupid enough to criticize her for it.

14,292 posts, read 9,696,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
It was safe to trash Mr. Trump when all misguided indications were that he would never win the election.

Tonight will be quite telling.
The left, especially in Hollywood, have convinced themselves that every lie of rumor about Trump is factual and true, and that he is Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and every evil left-wing dictator, all rolled into one.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
She is the one who is wasting her night talking about a person who hasn't even taken office yet and the election was 2 months ago.

Donald may turn out to be one of the best Presidents we have ever had and do more for what she believes in than any other President could have. I guess this is liberal thinking, bash someone before they even start a job.
Pfft perhaps you are a fool he already ran him self of the train tracks with hatred...And America may follow.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:21 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,696,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
Perhaps or perhaps you are the pathetic one she merely stated he mocked the reporter who had a disability and you are arrogantly stupid enough to criticize her for it.
...and 0bama mocked every special needs kids who ever took part in the Special Olympics, on the Jay Leno Tonight Show. And yet 0bama was given a full and complete pass by these same people.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:22 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,357,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
I didn't watch and yes she is entitled to her opinion , however when ones fans also consist of different opinions you do not rub it into their faces . Remember you have fans who made you what you are on both sides . Bad move Hollywood you get overpaid to act not preach what you feel . The list gets longer as these morons open up their fat mouths . They are overpaid and think who they are which includes Ms Streep.

Mr Trump will be our president get over yourselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They'll learn the hard way that alienating half their paying audience has deleterious financial consequences.
Some people think standing up for what they think is right is more important than money and trying to make everyone happy.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The left, especially in Hollywood, have convinced themselves that every lie of rumor about Trump is factual and true, and that he is Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and every evil left-wing dictator, all rolled into one.
Perhaps Trump should represent himself as less of a fool if possible..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies