Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 11:39 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,075,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Considering how many threads there are on City-Data about Meryl Streep, she must have really unnerved the Trump supporters, although they claim she's unimportant and a has-been.

Last night when someone wrote "who?" I almost began to list my favorite Streep films like Sophie's Choice, The Deer Hunter, The Bridges of Madison County, Kramer vs Kramer and others for which she's won numerous awards, but then I realized it wouldn't do much good. In fact, after reading Trump's tweet that she's an "overrated" actress, it makes me proud to be a Democrat!
In the real world, Streep is not God, she is nothing more than an employee of the movie studios acting our roles in a film.....nothing real about her at all.

Separate the phoney-land of movies from the real world, quite the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 11:40 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,509,280 times
Default If Meryl Streep feels so bad about Trump "mocking" a reporter over handicap...

...why didn't she use her platform to say anything about the handicap person who was held hostage for two days and forced to drink toilet water by 4 blacks? Why can't she use it for that?

I also don't remember her using her "star power" to talk about this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HOBTUCv4o0

Old 01-09-2017, 11:43 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,118,398 times
Default do Meryl Streep and the people gushing over her speech know Republicans control the Presidency, House, Senate and Suprem

Supreme Court? And Democrats have the lowest amount of power since the 1920s?

will they remember their sad reality soon?

Old 01-09-2017, 11:44 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,645,612 times
Maybe because the kids aren't going to be President of the United States in a little over a week. It still is a free country and she has the right to express herself just the way you do.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:44 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,120,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
...why didn't she use her platform to say anything about the handicap person who was held hostage for two days and forced to drink toilet water by 4 blacks? Why can't she use it for that?
Wrong narrative. Would create much push back.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:45 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,348,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You know PE Dumbass lost the popular vote by almost 3 million, right?

He's not overwhelmingly beloved by anyone. His own wife looks at him like she'd like to shoot him.

Be a fan--I don't care--but please lay off the BS.
Blue Wall

Old 01-09-2017, 11:45 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,586,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Yes, Streep made a fool of herself bringing up OLD FAKE news. We know she's a liar because she started off as the victim of one losing her voice and needing a cheat sheet to remember what she wanted to say. . . then went on a tirade about Trump. It's a miracle. . . she was instantly cured and had no trouble remember her damaging and anti-patriotic voice of 'no rhyme or reason'.

What did she accomplish? She validated the stupidity of those who can't accept their conniving candidate lost the election.

The discontented losers will continue their senseless rants about Trump because they are clones of their cronies.
What's the old fake news again?

Old 01-09-2017, 11:48 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,586,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
In the real world, Streep is not God, she is nothing more than an employee of the movie studios acting our roles in a film.....nothing real about her at all.

Separate the phoney-land of movies from the real world, quite the difference.
What does her career choice have to do with what she said? What do you do? Whatever it is, quit posting. You're not god, why do you think anyone would care what you have to say?

12,391 posts, read 7,117,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post

I also don't remember her using her "star power" to talk about this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HOBTUCv4o0
Trump didn't mock a handicapped reporter, this has been debunked many times, but the Trump haters don't care, and continue to spew their lies.

1,955 posts, read 1,765,452 times
Did I read right that she mocked Mixed Martial Arts in her speech, saying that it was not an art? As a practitioner of a Martial Art, I heartily disagree. Normally I would brush off a comment like that as being inconsequential, but she made the comment as part of a speech criticizing someone else for mocking someone. And then she mocked a whole group of people, including myself. WTH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies