Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 12:05 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Yes, she did. And leftists' inability to see/realize this is exactly why we had the election outcome we did. Their smugness and elitism didn't carry over from Obama (who was able to build a very unique coalition) to another Dem.
How is it insulting to say football isn't part of the arts? It's not, it's a sport. God, talk about thin skinned. "Oh no, someone called my sport not a part of the arts!!!!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 12:05 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yes actually he did. Anyone with eyes & ears that function know it to be true, it's on video for all eternity. Living in an alternate reality does not change that fact.
I understand that the left loves the tactic of repeating the same lie over, and over again until the uninformed believe it, but that doesn't make it true.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:06 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Second, someone already posted a video of Obama mocking Special Olympics disabled athletes, which was clear and plain for all to see.
And apologized for. In public. With admission of fault. By President Obama himself.

If Trump could man up and do something like that, we'd be having a different discussion. But - that's hypothetical, isn't it?

Old 01-09-2017, 12:06 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

Hollywood had vilified Americans for the last 8 yrs.....I'm sure we will not treat them the same way, we actually do believe, in the high road!
How has Hollywood vilified Americans?

Old 01-09-2017, 12:09 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Nope. If you pay attention you'd find he actually didn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m7iA7QZBi4
Like I said, you only have to watch an unedited 42 second video for the light to dawn on you.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:10 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
How is it insulting to say football isn't part of the arts? It's not, it's a sport. God, talk about thin skinned. "Oh no, someone called my sport not a part of the arts!!!!!"
Its insulting because her rant makes it seem like "football" and "MMA" (which tens of millions are happy to watch over the next Meryl Streep flick) are inferior to Hollywood "arts." It gives off a vibe that she (or it sure comes off that way) believes that those who don't subscribe to her version of "the arts" are someone less "cultured" or educated. Its very elitist. But this is how leftists talk down on millions of ordinary Americans. If you have different views than them, you're "deplorable," "sexist," "racist," "irredeemable," etc.

But, more so than insulting (eh, the insulting factor isn't going to change anything), her remarks simply show that she (and other cheering leftist elites) simply don't understand a very significant part of American. Its a big reason why they failed to connect with folks in the heartland and why Hillary lost.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:11 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Why are you lying? He said in a private conversation the women liked it. You know I pictured these women to be like Madonna.....now I'm sure you'll tell us Madonna would never go for that!

Has for the pregnant wife part......something tells me your not all with it if you think the woman who said this, would be a pick over Melania. The woman sounded desperate & rejected.

Meryl Streep; the most vivid hated segment Hollywood, foreigners and the press.......she forgot a lot of boobs. Wonder how many of those women, excluding, Streep would have been noticed, if it weren't for the era of cleavage.

Hollywood had vilified Americans for the last 8 yrs.....I'm sure we will not treat them the same way, we actually do believe, in the high road!
HE SAID THE WOMEN LIKED IT? Are you ******* kidding me? Is that all it takes to make sexual assault not sexual assault?

TRUMP is the one who bragged about trying to **** another woman while Melania was pregnant by taking her to buy furniture. It's on the audio recording. The woman he's talking about didn't talk about it at all.

The rest of your post doesn't make any sense.

Trump has bragged about sexually assaulting women and at least trying to commit adultery. Why don't you just go ahead and own it.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:11 PM

746 posts, read 1,243,010 times
I though Meryl did a wonderful job in playing Miranda in "The Devil Wears Prada" but maybe she was just being herself?....That's All...

Old 01-09-2017, 12:13 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Its insulting because her rant makes it seem like "football" and "MMA" (which tens of millions are happy to watch over the next Meryl Streep flick) are inferior to Hollywood "arts." It gives off a vibe that she (or it sure comes off that way) believes that those who don't subscribe to her version of "the arts" are someone less "cultured" or educated. Its very elitist. But this is how leftists talk down on millions of ordinary Americans. If you have different views than them, you're "deplorable," "sexist," "racist," "irredeemable," etc.

But, more so than insulting (eh, the insulting factor isn't going to change anything), her remarks simply show that she (and other cheering leftist elites) simply don't understand a very significant part of American. Its a big reason why they failed to connect with folks in the heartland and why Hillary lost.
And here I thought this election was supposed to usher in the post-PC era. But we still have walk on tip-toes around the fee-fees of those living in the "heartland"?

Old 01-09-2017, 12:14 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,461 times
Quote:

Precisely why Hillary lost.

Oh, but she did get the participation trophy of more popular votes, if it makes you feel better. I can hand those out too for those who voted for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies