Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 01:06 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Until Donald grows up this is not going away. Someone needs to take his smart phone away. It is not Presidential to be tweeting every time you get your feelings hurt. Boo Hoo....
As a leftie, I hope he keeps the phone. It's kind of entertaining - both the crazy Trump tweets and then the reaction of his followers.

Just wait, pretty soon Paul Ryan and other Republicans in congress will be the subject of negative Trump tweets.

It's going to get a lot crazier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

3,357 posts, read 1,235,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
So she gave a standing ovation to a child rapist, but does the opposite to the man that always puts America first, and overwhelmingly is beloved by the United States.
And who would that be?

3,500 posts, read 2,789,459 times
Sometimes I wonder the same with conservatives. They're constantly worrying or complaining about the liberals, but with the Republicans in control of the Presidency, House, Senate, and Supreme Court it will be that much harder to blame the liberals if things go wrong. As they say "what comes up must come down". In the next few years the conservatives will find this out.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:07 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
So she gave a standing ovation to a child rapist, but does the opposite to the man that always puts America first, and overwhelmingly is beloved by the United States.
Not sure how one standing ovation given to a director for his body of work is horrible, but voting in Prez ***** Grabber is "patriotic."

People pick and choose what they will or will not support.

I doubt Ms. Streep supports child rape any more than all Trump supporters support ***** grabbing without consent, eh?

Old 01-09-2017, 01:09 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,789,459 times
Lol. I love how conservatives are constantly obsesing about one woman, just look at all of the threads on her. All because she had a different opionion than the usual conservatives talking points.

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
You are still missing the point. It is just plain wrong and mean to make fun of people with disabilities or to even portray someone as having serious disabilities in a mean way, even if they are not disabled.

Why is that so hard for some people to understand that? Could it possibly be because they have below-average intelligence, were they just not taught any better, do they lack simple kindness and compassion, or what?
Yeah. Even if he somehow wasn't specifically talking about his disability (which I doubt, since this wasn't the first time he had met him), is it acceptable to make these sorts of gestures? I worry about having such a bully in charge of the nation as it will encourage more, as it has already done. Sigh.

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
To my ears, her message was a call to civility for all of us. I do not believe that to be a partisan issue, but a human issue.

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yes actually he did. Anyone with eyes & ears that function know it to be true, it's on video for all eternity. Living in an alternate reality does not change that fact.
Exactly. The reality distortion field around Trump is really strong, so it seems.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:10 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Not sure how one standing ovation given to a director for his body of work is horrible, but voting in Prez ***** Grabber is "patriotic."

People pick and choose what they will or will not support.

I doubt Ms. Streep supports child rape any more than all Trump supporters support ***** grabbing without consent, eh?
So, you would ignore that a person drugged and sodomized a 13-year-old if they were a really good football player?

Old 01-09-2017, 01:11 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,967 times
Typical out of touch celebrity rant. If you want people to look upto you then keep your word & move to Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies